David Vaughan tempted by Rangers move as club make approach

scottjf82

What do you mean by a one trick pony? Surely it is pretty hard to be a one trick pony as a midfielder Also he had an outstanding season considering the team he was playing for.

But I definitely agree with you that we should get Vaughan ahead of Adam!

I just think he's all about his set pieces (which I think are phenomenal), with the odd wonder pass. His concentration is sometimes lacking and I think I've seen as many dodgy passes as good ones. He's been a success in the second worst team in the league. I'm just saying, without the goals there wouldn't be as much of a hooha. It's clear that he has talent, but I think we shall have to wait and see if the praises are justified. I wonder if he will excel if placed back in a 'big' club, that's all. Tangent over :)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaughan to be Ally’s first signing

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 27 May 2011

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

DAVID VAUGHAN is in line to become Ally McCoist's first signing as Rangers boss.

The Wales midfielder has opened talks over a Bosman move to Ibrox.

Vaughan, 28, was Blackpool Players' Player of the Year after a season alongside Charlie Adam.

But he is ready to quit Bloomfield Road after his contract expired and the Seasiders were relegated from the Premier League.

Sunderland were keen to keep the former Real Sociedad star in England's top flight.

But Vaughan, a late sub when Wales lost 3-1 to Scotland in Dublin on Wednesday night, is in talks overv a move north.

He revealed: "I know my agent has spoken to Rangers. I've just got to leave it in his hands.

"Rangers are a massive club and they play in the Champions League so it is an attraction.

"I've just got to weigh up all my options and see where it takes me."

Meanwhile, McCoist has dismissed talk of a move for Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy.

There had been speculation that the SPL champions had made a tentative enquiry about the Fir Park star and were weighing up a bid in the region of £750,000.

But McCoist last night denied that he was interested in signing the 22-year-old.

Motherwell manager - and former Ibrox team-mate of McCoist - Stuart McCall is desperate to keep Murphy at Fir Park, especially after watching fellow striker John Sutton quit for Hearts this week.

But the Lanarkshire club may find it hard to turn down serious bids.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3603780/Vaughan-to-be-Allys-first-signing.html#ixzz1NVEFWTHY

DAVID VAUGHAN is in line to become Ally McCoist's first signing as Rangers boss.

The Wales midfielder has opened talks over a Bosman move to Ibrox.

Vaughan, 28, was Blackpool Players' Player of the Year after a season alongside Charlie Adam.

But he is ready to quit Bloomfield Road after his contract expired and the Seasiders were relegated from the Premier League.

Sunderland were keen to keep the former Real Sociedad star in England's top flight.

But Vaughan, a late sub when Wales lost 3-1 to Scotland in Dublin on Wednesday night, is in talks overv a move north.

He revealed: "I know my agent has spoken to Rangers. I've just got to leave it in his hands.

"Rangers are a massive club and they play in the Champions League so it is an attraction.

"I've just got to weigh up all my options and see where it takes me."

Meanwhile, McCoist has dismissed talk of a move for Motherwell striker Jamie Murphy.

There had been speculation that the SPL champions had made a tentative enquiry about the Fir Park star and were weighing up a bid in the region of £750,000.

But McCoist last night denied that he was interested in signing the 22-year-old.

Motherwell manager - and former Ibrox team-mate of McCoist - Stuart McCall is desperate to keep Murphy at Fir Park, especially after watching fellow striker John Sutton quit for Hearts this week.

But the Lanarkshire club may find it hard to turn down serious bids.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3603780/Vaughan-to-be-Allys-first-signing.html#ixzz1NVEZRcWU

Just regurgitating the same stuff from earlier.

Joe Ledley believes his Wales team-mate David Vaughan would enjoy himself in the Old Firm environment if he were to join Rangers. Blackpool midfielder Vaughan, 28, who played for Wales in the 3-1 Carling Nations Cup defeat by Scotland in Dublin on Wednesday night, claimed he had been subject to an approach from the Ibrox club and admitted his interest in joining the Scottish champions.

Asked what advice he would give to Vaughan if asked, Celtic midfielder Ledley, who missed the Scotland game through injury, laughed then replied: "I would say, 'You are going to enjoy it up here'. Two big clubs and you won't get bigger clubs to play for at the end of the day. But it's his decision, it is nothing to do with what I say.

"He will have lots of clubs after him because he's a great player. I've played with him lots of times with Wales and I played against him in the play-off final [for Cardiff]. It's not just Rangers who will be after him, there will be a lot of Premiership teams after him as well.

joe ledley is a cunt but if vaughan is in any doubt over signing for us ledley can talk him into it :sherlock:

Unless guys linked with us have ridiculous names and play for some exotic team then posters on here are never happy.

This is a guy who along with Adam have been getting rave reviews in the EPL. Look at wee Davis, amazing at Villa struggled at Fulham and the wee man is head and shoulders above every other CM in the SPL! We may have money to spend but we cant go back to spunking 4 and 5 million on some Itialian/Spanish/Greek prick who is half decent. A core of proven British players at Rangers with a mixing of talented (Jelavic type) foreigners is the way to success

Unless guys linked with us have ridiculous names and play for some exotic team then posters on here are never happy.

I always think this.

If it was someone of exactly the same ability (or even a wee bit less) from a mid-table Dutch or Portuguese team with a fancy name, no-one would be happy. Even people that hadn't seen him play before would be happier.

The fact that it's a wee Welsh guy from Blackpool just isn't glamorous for some people.

David Vaughan would/will walk it in the SPL.

David Vaughan would/will walk it in the SPL.

Exactly.

It really is pretty simple, the guy would improve our squad. Some of the usual suspects out in force pretending they know more about football than anyone else...you would think after walter ran rings rounds these experts for three years it would slow them down a bit...apparently not.... :lol:

On a totally unconnected subject...where is muff ? Is he on a summer hiatus or still celebrating our league win...

This is a guy who along with Adam have been getting rave reviews in the EPL. Look at wee Davis, amazing at Villa struggled at Fulham and the wee man is head and shoulders above every other CM in the SPL! We may have money to spend but we cant go back to spunking 4 and 5 million on some Itialian/Spanish/Greek prick who is half decent. A core of proven British players at Rangers with a mixing of talented (Jelavic type) foreigners is the way to success

Spot on m8.along with Conway who i thot was outstanding at his last game at Ibrox. Would be two great free signings b4 we dip into our funds.

Exactly.

It really is pretty simple, the guy would improve our squad. Some of the usual suspects out in force pretending they know more about football than anyone else...you would think after walter ran rings rounds these experts for three years it would slow them down a bit...apparently not.... :lol:

On a totally unconnected subject...where is muff ? Is he on a summer hiatus or still celebrating our league win...

Just became a dad recently!

I have no experience of this, but I imagine it would impact on any spare time you have :pipe:

Just became a dad recently!

I have no experience of this, but I imagine it would impact on any spare time you have :pipe:

He wont have spare time for at least 4 year. My wee boys a pain in the arse. Muff can take him aswell if need be :sherlock:

Spot on m8.along with Conway who i thot was outstanding at his last game at Ibrox. Would be two great free signings b4 we dip into our funds.

I thought Conway was a done deal. Apparently not now! But yes he was their best player at Ibrox that night

And anyway, Vaughan played a handful of games for Sociedad (I think), so surely that'll calm people's nerves....

Scotland actually have the makings of a very good midfield, a decent forward line and a world class goalie.

Defence and a manager and this could eb one of the best Scotland teams in years....but i digress...

What you hear?

Well at Motherwell the talk was that he had already been for discussions as his deal is up and that it was practically done. This was 3-4 weeks back and heard nothing else since wacko.gif

Scotland actually have the makings of a very good midfield, a decent forward line and a world class goalie.

Defence and a manager and this could eb one of the best Scotland teams in years....but i digress...

Did you quote the wrong post there :lol:

He said Sociedad, GCL back to bed :lol:

It's one of the few things that myself and GCL agree on, but I hate this weaning over Charlie Adam. He stole a wage from us and it's not Rangers fault that his self discipline was verging on the pathetic. Lovely guy, absolutely golden, but we've not struggled without him.

Alongside Vaughan, he IS a standout in that Blackpool team, but has anyone actually watched them a lot this year? As much as he's scored a lot of goals and done brilliantly for them, a harsh look (which I oft provide :pipe: ) would suggest that he wasn't all that great.

I've probably lost count of how many times I've seen him lose the ball from trying some ridiculous 90 yard pass when a simple ten yard pass was on, and it cost Blackpool something like four goals in three weeks towards the end of the season if I remember correctly. How would Blackpool have done if it wasn't for Adam losing possession in those important areas?

His tackling is fucking wretched as well.

It's one of the few things that myself and GCL agree on, but I hate this weaning over Charlie Adam. He stole a wage from us and it's not Rangers fault that his self discipline was verging on the pathetic. Lovely guy, absolutely golden, but we've not struggled without him.

Alongside Vaughan, he IS a standout in that Blackpool team, but has anyone actually watched them a lot this year? As much as he's scored a lot of goals and done brilliantly for them, a harsh look (which I oft provide :pipe: ) would suggest that he wasn't all that great.

I've probably lost count of how many times I've seen him lose the ball from trying some ridiculous 90 yard pass when a simple ten yard pass was on, and it cost Blackpool something like four goals in three weeks towards the end of the season if I remember correctly. How would Blackpool have done if it wasn't for Adam losing possession in those important areas?

His tackling is fucking wretched as well.

Tbh brutaly honest Adam still doesnt really impress me. Even SAF has said his deadball play is worth 10million but anything other than that he seems the same old Charlie. Even the other night the amount of balls he pinged straight out the park was woeful. It reminded me of why Rangers fans got on his case(obviously some of the shite was OTT)

Tbh brutaly honest Adam still doesnt really impress me. Even SAF has said his deadball play is worth 10million but anything other than that he seems the same old Charlie. Even the other night the amount of balls he pinged straight out the park was woeful. It reminded me of why Rangers fans got on his case(obviously some of the shite was OTT)

He impresses me sometimes, then I see him doing some things that are just plain old Charlie.

I remember we played a qualifier against Zeta a few years back and he was subbed at half time. I 100% shit you not, but he only completed two passes in the whole half. I'd say he tried at least six Hollywood balls and every one of them went out of play.