Nine players to be inducted into the hall of frame

Broxi1872

DOUBLE-winning captain David Weir heads a list of nine past and present Rangers players who have been inducted into the club's Hall of Fame today.

Jimmy Bowie, Ally Dawson, Arthur Dixon, Jock Drummond, Neilly Gibson, Robert Hamilton, George Niven and Jimmy Simpson are the other eight to be named

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only to overly precious rangers fans who think if they name a dead rangers player over someone who has contributed to the modern era that makes them look more knowledgeable..... (tu)

This.

Only to overly precious rangers fans who think if they name a dead rangers player over someone who has contributed to the modern era that makes them look more knowledgeable..... (tu)

Folk should get in on merit, not just cause we have an annual induction and a certain number of folk have to get in.

Some of the nominees are getting a bit daft now.

No, I just don't understand how you can induct someone into 'The Hall of Fame' when they only spend a couple of years at the club.

Then you have Alfie Conn, he played for Celtic...

No, I just don't understand how you can induct someone into 'The Hall of Fame' when they only spend a couple of years at the club.

Then you have Alfie Conn, he played for Celtic...

Like ?

In the modern day when footballers don't stay for long times at clubs the time is going to be shorter...all depends on impact for me

Personally i am looking forward to kenny millers induction, they will probably leave it to the end of his triumphant 3rd spell though....... :sherlock:

Folk should get in on merit, not just cause we have an annual induction and a certain number of folk have to get in.

Some of the nominees are getting a bit daft now.

Which ones of the new ones are daft?

Which ones of the new ones are daft?

Not even sure who is in this years, but guys like Ian Redford, Dave McPherson, Ally Dawson. Nothing against them, but Hall of Fame? Should it not be reserved for the elite

Trevor Steven was another, cracking player, but here for 2 years, then injured for best part of 5 once he came back.

Because of how it is done and the way whatever many folk from each era have to get in, then folk get picked just cause they have to have so many nominations. It gets to the stage then that folk get nominated just for being there a couple of years.

Not really bothered about it to be honest, just not how I would do it.