Nine players to be inducted into the hall of frame

Broxi1872

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's showing our appreciation to former players who made our club great - I really dont see why people complain about it so much.

As much as I disagree wae some of the players who are in it, I have tae agree wae this.

It's showing our appreciation to former players who made our club great - I really dont see why people complain about it so much.

It should be reserved for club legends and not turned into a chimp's teaparty (i enjoy using that phrase)

In 20 years time, the likes of Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch will almost certainly be on it

It should be reserved for club legends and not turned into a chimp's teaparty (i enjoy using that phrase)

In 20 years time, the likes of Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch will almost certainly be on it

So? Both have played their part in making Rangers what they are, all the 'Hall of Fame' does is show a little bit of appreciation. What's wrong with that?

So? Both have played their part in making Rangers what they are, all the 'Hall of Fame' does is show a little bit of appreciation. What's wrong with that?

It's just a mess. Quotas having to be filled at certain times, from certain eras. And it's so grossly removed from the fans. I mean, if you asked 50,000 Rangers fans should Ray Wilkins or Stefan Klos be on the Hall of Fame, i'd be astounded if 50% said yes

It's just a mess. Quotas having to be filled at certain times, from certain eras. And it's so grossly removed from the fans. I mean, if you asked 50,000 Rangers fans should Ray Wilkins or Stefan Klos be on the Hall of Fame, i'd be astounded if 50% said yes

Really? I'd say normal fans would be more inclined to say yes to players they had actually seen in the flesh. What does it really matter anyway? It's just an excuse to thank those players who made a contribution to the club.

Gutted! Totally gutted!.......how many HOF dinners do we need before the club recognises a stalwart like Gregor Stevens? ....... Boughie and Butcher couldnae lace the big man's boot s :pipe:

Hall of faem is thrown around like nothing these days end up inducting a junkie who won the lottery soon.

Which players would you not have in it?

David Weir hall of fame? Bit far.

Really ?

An absolutely magnificent captain.

Has made over 200 appearances for us winning 8 trophy's and being a key player in the team that reached our first European final in 36 years and he doesn't merit a place in our hall of fame ? don't talk shite.

David Weir has captained Rangers with absolute dignity on and off the field and being named in the Hall of Fame is well deserved.

Any others? I already said I wouldn't have Wilkins, but I can't go earlier than that since it was before my time.

Personally, I would have reserved it for those extra special talents we have had down the years. I just feel that the whole idea has been cheapened by the inclusion of so many 'good' players and has become just another ruse to sell a dinner plate to the great and the good.

I'm not always this cheery! :D

Personally, I would have reserved it for those extra special talents we have had down the years. I just feel that the whole idea has been cheapened by the inclusion of so many 'good' players and has become just another ruse to sell a dinner plate to the great and the good.

I'm not always this cheery! :D

I can see your point. For me though, I think they have the balance just about right (from the players that I know). Over 200 appearances is a good cut off in my opinion for a 'good' player to get in, since they have then served the club well, and exceptions can be made for excellent players like Laudrup and Gazza. Wilkins makes no sense though!