A question involving the media's reporting of Rangers

MisterC

Imagine big bad Rangers had an away game and the atmosphere was heated to say the least and the big bad Rangers fans starting chucking missiles at the ballboys. Now, the objects hit said ballboy and he gets concussed and taken home. In the following couple of days, he gets lots of headaches and goes to the doctor and is diagnosed with a brain injury. Now, here is the question, the Daily Record has the story on this: On what page would the report be? I would say the front page, does anyone agree. I will be back soon and elaborate further on the reasons behind the question.

Please post saying what page you imagine this story would be on....

Imagine big bad Rangers had an away game and the atmosphere was heated to say the least and the big bad Rangers fans starting chucking missiles at the ballboys. Now, the objects hit said ballboy and he gets concussed and taken home. In the following couple of days, he gets lots of headaches and goes to the doctor and is diagnosed with a brain injury. Now, here is the question, the Daily Record has the story on this: On what page would the report be? I would say the front page, does anyone agree. I will be back soon and elaborate further on the reasons behind the question.

Please post saying what page you imagine this story would be on....

Good post Collie saw this story the other day tucked away on inside pages, celtic scum covered up for again. :sherlock:

Good post Collie saw this story the other day tucked away on inside pages, celtic scum covered up for again. :sherlock:

I didnt even know about this but then I dont read that rhag. Got this from the ever excellent David Leggat who is talking about it on his blog today and how the word from the records shop floor is they are being forced to bury bad news about them or not even report on it and needless to say the same courtesy is not extended to Rangers. Heres the article anyway:

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/2011/05/celtic-fans-attack-on-ball-boy-sparks.html#comments

I didnt even know about this but then I dont read that rhag. Got this from the ever excellent David Leggat who is talking about it on his blog today and how the word from the records shop floor is they are being forced to bury bad news about them or not even report on it and needless to say the same courtesy is not extended to Rangers. Heres the article anyway:

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/2011/05/celtic-fans-attack-on-ball-boy-sparks.html#comments

Yes it's not hard to work out there is a policy of suppressing any negative news about them, I am taking a wild stab at it and reckon reid is using his influence here. :rolleyes: new lhabour at work. Think it was in the mirror I read it though. We need a strong person now to fight our corner. :sherlock:

http://leggoland2.bl...s.html#comments

Mr Whyte and Co need a strong PR/ Spin Doctor who can dish it out as we have just taken it right up the jacksaa for the last 10 years for being timorous.....don't go looking for it ...but make it clear that we will respond in kind........ we have an ex-journo in Lindsay Herron at the club running the media side.....IMO i think he has been hiding all these years.......

Yes it's not hard to work out there is a policy of suppressing any negative news about them, I am taking a wild stab at it and reckon reid is using his influence here. :rolleyes: new lhabour at work. Think it was in the mirror I read it though. We need a strong person now to fight our corner. :sherlock:

But its not only that its the talking up of them and over promotion of good news stories about them. Heres an example, 2 seasons ago, they were playing Dundee hobs at home and the reporter on Sportscene results Chris McLaughlin put a great emphasis on it being a 'capacity crowd', I thought this strange as its not often that crowds get mentioned, the next day the attendance said it was about 53000. It makes you wonder about how much of an influence the celtc lobby have in the Scottish media when reporters are falling over themselves to please the celtc machine.

Another spot on the money by Leggo, Tom Hamilton I know of old, rabid bheggar the other one I have never heard of. Bruce Waddell will know what's going on. a Falkirk boy who has no clout, he'll do what he's told while THEY run the show. :sherlock:

The Scottish media are shite scared of Celtic, they know not to print anything too negative about them. We only have ourselves to blame for becoming an "easy target".

They get organised and mobilized and put pressure on those in power and its quite scary. Heres a story, one well known car dealership (with an appropriate nickname) threatened to (possibly even did this) cancel an advertising campaign in a well known broadsheet newspaper because it didnt give enough favourable coverage to papa-ratzi the nazi's visit here last year.

Read this article from page 40 onwards and ask yourselves if it reminds you of anyone. If you do read this, please try and ignore the context of this article and just look at the tactics the dhims use and those the article is referring to and you will hopefully see what I am getting at.

http://gtr5.com/evidence/j.1475-4967.2006.00260.pdf

But its not only that its the talking up of them and over promotion of good news stories about them. Heres an example, 2 seasons ago, they were playing Dundee hobs at home and the reporter on Sportscene results Chris McLaughlin put a great emphasis on it being a 'capacity crowd', I thought this strange as its not often that crowds get mentioned, the next day the attendance said it was about 53000. It makes you wonder about how much of an influence the celtc lobby have in the Scottish media when reporters are falling over themselves to please the celtc machine.

I agree but they have been talking them up for quite some away since one jim cassidy became the first rc editor of the record, some say that was the beginning of the end for circulation and if the figures quoted are near the mark then what some said is true. They are still at it trying to talk the Whyte takeover and SPL Title success down, but they are only doing themselves harm, losing readers hand over fist, bbc are the same, I can't watch sportscene with that arsehole richard gordon on it. :sherlock:

I agree but they have been talking them up for quite some away since one jim cassidy became the first rc editor of the record, some say that was the beginning of the end for circulation and if the figures quoted are near the mark then what some said is true. They are still at it trying to talk the Whyte takeover and SPL Title success down, but they are only doing themselves harm, losing readers hand over fist, bbc are the same, I can't watch sportscene with that arsehole richard gordon on it. :sherlock:

I dont expect to see nothing but good news stories about Rangers and I dont want bias in our favour, all I ask for is a bit of balance and the same standards applied to all.

I dont expect to see nothing but good news stories about Rangers and I dont want bias in our favour, all I ask for is a bit of balance and the same standards applied to all.

Aye an even playing field would be good ! :sherlock:

Aye an even playing field would be good ! :sherlock:

Well I suspect that a sea of change is going to blow very soon, you mentioned labour earlier, Glasgow will soon no longer be lhabours fiefdom to be used for their own gain :sherlock: