wages!

krissg910

whats ppls thought on signing a bosman and giving him say 40kweek(only if he is genuine class).

i know it sounds way out our lge and we shouldnt be paying wages like this.

but when u work the numbers the total outlay is similar to buying a player for say 2-3mill and giving him 20k a week.

Taking only the individual into account, this might seem like a good idea but it wouldn't be good for the team to smash the wage structure. Our top earners are on *significantly* less than £40k and paying out wages anywhere close to this would result in a lot of knocking on Ally's door.

No , oits detremental to squad harmony , our highest earners and TITLE WINNERS will not be happy with a new boy waltzing in and getting double their pay packet , you need to look at the finer details rather than just the numbers in this game

What you forget though is that Bosmans of a high standard normally get a massive sign-on fee due to no transfer fee being required.

I seem to remeber Boumsong got quite a big one when we signed him.

£30k per week at a push, and that's for “genuine class”. As soon as you start giving high wages to one player the rest will want a high wage aswell.

Taking only the individual into account, this might seem like a good idea but it wouldn't be good for the team to smash the wage structure. Our top earners are on *significantly* less than £40k and paying out wages anywhere close to this would result in a lot of knocking on Ally's door.

But players are paid different rates at every club in the world, even the top clubs. Better players will always be paid more.

I'm sure we mite have some players who have a clause in their contract to "match highest earner" soooo could maybe result in having to pay a couple of others 40k a week. Another reason against it would be it would damage the morale of the other players in the team on half or less of this persons wage.

In order to get back to the level a club of our size should be at we will have to have players on higher wages in order to attract them but no, 40k is too much. Our signing policy is so hit and miss too that we could end up with some shite player on huge wages needing to be paid off.

We need to maybe look at other ways to attract players and maintain our wage structure eg offer more bonuses for appearances, goals etc on top of a normal flat rate.

Hypothetical scenario; we sign a top quality player on 40 grand a week, and within 2 weeks of signing him we've been knocked out of Europe Kaunas style

So you're paying a guy £40,000 a week to play the likes of St Mirren and Dunfermline

It's too risky. Even a year without CL football could royally fuck us if we had players on that sort of dollar.

In order to get back to the level a club of our size should be at we will have to have players on higher wages in order to attract them but no, 40k is too much. Our signing policy is so hit and miss too that we could end up with some shite player on huge wages needing to be paid off.

We need to maybe look at other ways to attract players and maintain our wage structure eg offer more bonuses for appearances, goals etc on top of a normal flat rate.

I'd look into the possibility of having wages increased by something like 25-30% during European weeks for the players who played in the European game. So you have a player earning £15,000 a week but if he plays a midweek game in Europe he gets £20,000

It sounded good in my head

I'm sure we mite have some players who have a clause in their contract to "match highest earner" soooo could maybe result in having to pay a couple of others 40k a week. Another reason against it would be it would damage the morale of the other players in the team on half or less of this persons wage.

Too much FM for you

I'd look into the possibility of having wages increased by something like 25-30% during European weeks for the players who played in the European game. So you have a player earning £15,000 a week but if he plays a midweek game in Europe he gets £20,000

It sounded good in my head

More or less like an appearance fee like they would already get I would think

I think a high signing on fee could be justified if the player was a definite prospect with a good sell in value. I would prefer we used a bonus system alot better so people actually try and get games unlike the few who ddont do much.

personally i dnt think it would be a good idea, i was just working out wages ect and realised the outlays are similar.

i think we should have a wage limit i.e 20-25k for top players.

what about paying a bosman say 1.5mil signing on fee then 25kweek, whats your views on that.

anything to get through the off season.

If we sign a player for 40k a week and McCoist suddenly has Davis, Whittaker, McGregor, Bougherra & Naismith knocking on his door demanding to be brought in to a similar bracket then what does he do?

Plus for a bosman who commands about 40k you are looking at a signing on fee of about a million quid on top of his weekly wages.

Sometimes bosmans aren't as cheap as people like to make out.

for 40k pw i would expect gazza baxter prso all wrapped up as one player otherwise forget it we canny pay any player that kind of money regardless of the transfer terms

Should individual wages not be private anyway? Its surely no ones business what a player earns and if someone takes the huff because a better player is being paid more than them, then i would sell them tbh, not the attitude i want at my club.

fair comment but we all know these things come out very quickly.and how do you judge who is the better player eg the guy who scores 25 or the keeper that makes crucial saves to keep you in games and win you points that win you trophys.to me both deserve the same money

fair comment but we all know these things come out very quickly.and how do you judge who is the better player eg the guy who scores 25 or the keeper that makes crucial saves to keep you in games and win you points that win you trophys.to me both deserve the same money

Thats the job for the manager and CEO to work out for the betterment of the club though, fans opinions dont matter. What i will say is i would not expect Kirk Broadfoot to chap Allys door asking for the same money as Jelavic or Davie Weir in the same way Neil Alexander would not demand the same wage as McGregor, i think its common sense, every club in the world pay out salaries different for each player and depending on their value to the team and club. Its foolish to suggest we cannot pay our better players more than the other squad members, when it happens at every club in the world almost.

My personal opinion is that wage caps are for small clubs, we are not a small club and we can afford to pay better player more money, obviously not a team full, but the special 2 or 3 who make our team go that extra mile, sure, we could pay them that bit more imo. Of our current squad we probably only have two players who deserve to be paid that top tier, again imo.

(tu)