wages!

krissg910

We've shown we can find talented players and progress on the field without smashing the wage cap and throwing daft wages about.

I'd personally like it to stay that way, but it just means we need to widen our horizons when it comes to identifying talent.

Have we shown we are capable of doing that?

Have we shown we are capable of doing that?

Not to the level that some expect, but I don't think we are as bad as some people make out.

If we keep the wage "cap" then you would expect it to have an affect and filter down through areas like scouting and youth development as more emphasis would have to placed on that as we simply won't compete with clubs who will offer crazy contracts?

Not to the level that some expect, but I don't think we are as bad as some people make out.

If we keep the wage "cap" then you would expect it to have an affect and filter down through areas like scouting and youth development as more emphasis would have to placed on that as we simply won't compete with clubs who will offer crazy contracts?

In theory yes, but at Rangers nothing is done the easy way, or even the right way, we make everything hard for ourselves. Hopefully this new era things will be done differently and we get those gems and good scouting we all crave.

(tu)

Thats the job for the manager and CEO to work out for the betterment of the club though, fans opinions dont matter. What i will say is i would not expect Kirk Broadfoot to chap Allys door asking for the same money as Jelavic or Davie Weir in the same way Neil Alexander would not demand the same wage as McGregor, i think its common sense, every club in the world pay out salaries different for each player and depending on their value to the team and club. Its foolish to suggest we cannot pay our better players more than the other squad members, when it happens at every club in the world almost.

My personal opinion is that wage caps are for small clubs, we are not a small club and we can afford to pay better player more money, obviously not a team full, but the special 2 or 3 who make our team go that extra mile, sure, we could pay them that bit more imo. Of our current squad we probably only have two players who deserve to be paid that top tier, again imo.

(tu)

It would more be if mcgregor chapped ally's door about jelavic or the other way round

Thats the job for the manager and CEO to work out for the betterment of the club though, fans opinions dont matter. What i will say is i would not expect Kirk Broadfoot to chap Allys door asking for the same money as Jelavic or Davie Weir in the same way Neil Alexander would not demand the same wage as McGregor, i think its common sense, every club in the world pay out salaries different for each player and depending on their value to the team and club. Its foolish to suggest we cannot pay our better players more than the other squad members, when it happens at every club in the world almost.

My personal opinion is that wage caps are for small clubs, we are not a small club and we can afford to pay better player more money, obviously not a team full, but the special 2 or 3 who make our team go that extra mile, sure, we could pay them that bit more imo. Of our current squad we probably only have two players who deserve to be paid that top tier, again imo.

(tu)

am not faulting your assessment but imo i dont think at rangers or any club for that matter there should be a vast difference in the so called class/top players and the rest of the squad.if shagger is on say 20k then the rest should be on around the 15/18k as every player is important to the team.making obvious diffrences between them in pay suggests to everyone else that they are only making up the numbers and for that reason they probably dont commit as much as they could to the team effort

am not faulting your assessment but imo i dont think at rangers or any club for that matter there should be a vast difference in the so called class/top players and the rest of the squad.if shagger is on say 20k then the rest should be on around the 15/18k as every player is important to the team.making obvious diffrences between them in pay suggests to everyone else that they are only making up the numbers and for that reason they probably dont commit as much as they could to the team effort

I know what you are saying mate, but thats reality, thats how it works. Keita or Busquets wont get the same as Messi or Xavi in the same way John O'Shea wont get the same as Wayne Rooney or Ivanovic wont get the same as a Drogba or Lampard. The best players will always be paid more than the average squad player who may contribute to the cause but who the club do not need to be or deserve to be paid as much as the superstar player(s). Every squad member is there to make up numbers but some of those squad members can bring more to the table than the average Joe and those players deserve to be awarded for that extra bit of class and skill.

(tu)

McGregor and Jelavic are the two i would have on a par. Equally as important and both priceless imo. Our two best and most important by a mile.

My point is it's the Jelavic's and Mcgregors of the team (the star players) that could want the same money as the highest earner, not the Whittakers and Weirs.

My point is it's the Jelavic's and Mcgregors of the team (the star players) that could want the same money as the highest earner, not the Whittakers and Weirs.

Do you not think they would have every right to ask for it? I do, especially if they keep playing the way they have been. The players you do pay these higher wages to must be players you are able to sell on for large sums which in the long term keep enabling you to have a few of these superstar players in your team every season with millions coming through the club. Its the guys who were over 30 and were on huge contracts and we could not sell which cost us so much money previously, i dont think we would have that problem with the likes of Greegs and Jela, their value is enormous.

Saying all that, im with other posters who think we dont need to spend so much on wages to dominate this league, quality at affordable wages can be found, we have just not been very good at finding it over a consistant perdiod of time. The lack of a scouting network at a club like Rangers has been criminal, hopefully the new team in place we will be able to find these gems within budget to keep us Scotlands number 1.

(tu)