It's none of our business.

spangles

An example of why the Scottish sporting press are treated with contempt by fans, and justifiably so, I would suggest that the part in bold is something we are entitled to an idea of. Also we are well aware of the stooshie caused by the uncertainty of an existing obligation via wavetower who have waved goodbye.

Glenn Gibbons: Mistake to taunt Whyte over Ibrox credentials

Published Date: 28 May 2011

By Glenn Gibbons

Nobody who has paid any attention to Rangers' off-field affairs over the past five years could possibly have concluded that the recent purchase by Craig Whyte would bring an abrupt end to the Ibrox club's capacity for newsworthiness.

Momentous events such as the transfer of ownership of a high-profile organisation almost invariably leave too many questions unanswered and too many issues unresolved to preclude the likelihood of continuing uncertainty.

What is unusual about Whyt

e's assumption of control of Rangers is that most of the questions being asked of him - these range from how much money he has and the source of his wealth to the sums he intends to spend on players every year for the foreseeable future - embrace matters that are nobody's business but his.

This information would certainly be of interest to Rangers' supporters, particularly those still undecided about the renewal of their season tickets. But it seems inconceivable that Whyte and his lieutenants will not be aware of the need to present a persuasive come-on to potential customers. Whether or not the new hierarchy see the need to sweeten the fans with details of their financial muscle, Whyte is certainly under no obligation to meet the demands of the two directors he sacked, chairman Alastair Johnston and Paul Murray.

Johnston's resistance to Whyte's takeover, which seemed to be born at the start and remain quite constant throughout the process, may hint at personal knowledge of the new owner's lack of the capability to "take the club forward", but, if this is the case, he has done a remarkable job of keeping it to himself.

Instead, Johnston played the "Rangers-minded" card, suggesting that, unlike himself, Whyte may not be a 24-carat, fully paid-up, card-carrying bluenose. This is a perfectly ludicrous "taunt", since anyone need look only as far back as the previous owner, David Murray, to find a head honcho who was not only not a Rangers supporter, but not even a football fan. Murray's preferred sport was rugby.

If Johnston and Murray refused to resign in the hope that their enforced removal would convey Whyte's "ruthlessness" to a sympathetic public, it seemed to backfire. The most striking aspect of the reaction to the "coup" among internet posters has been the near-total absence of support for the ousted pair.

Much more intriguing are the suspensions of the chief executive, Martin Bain, and the former company secretary and finance director, Donald McIntyre, pending an internal investigation.

But schadenfreude addicts will have to wait for their next fix. Before Whyte himself chooses to make public the outcome of his inquiry or, more probably, relies on his actions for approval or opprobrium, speculation will remain meaningless.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whyte has already stated that there will be £25m over five years for transfers.

No arguement there casey, we were also assured that on 16th May 2011 the future would be shown to us, there is of course always June 6th to look forward to.

Why do people always have to moan and question things that they really dont need to know?

Why cant you all just wait and see, are you losing sleep at night because you dont know how much money Whyte is going to spend...or because noone has laid out an a-z trial of how he paid the debt etc

"We were told on such and such that we would be shown the future" jesus fuck, do you not think there is enough going on at Ibrox with the Board restructre, contracts being renewed etc that they are desperate to get sorted?

Im not going to lie and say i understand the accounts and such because i dont and ive no interest to tbh, but people slating Whyte etc because he hasnt told us every little detail is pathetic.

Whyte has already stated on camera that there will be a minimum £25m investment, which may be somewhat front-ended.

What more does anyone want ?

The only doubts about are caused by tims up to mischief.

What does June 6th have to do with it. That'll merely be an investment pack for shareholders and will probably just reiterate whats already been said. I can guarantee it will not contain detail of Whyte's bank account.

He would hardly have said all this knowing the transfer window is upon us and he'd be found out in weeks.

It disgusts me the way some have siezed on the timmy propaganda and bought into this doubt. Admittedly AJ's played on the same thing, another reason the scurrilous git can rot in hell.

I expect as soon as Whyte comes up with £5m or £10m to spend, the stories will just shift back to the wavetower debt.

They just like to create suspicion and unrest.

"We just want to question things" - No you don't, you just want to stir it. Nobody on here will have the answers, so questioning it on here is futile.

Thus far, Whyte has done everything he said he would and we should get behind him, until he does otherwise. Some clearly have other agendas on the go.

Whyte has already stated on camera that there will be a minimum £25m investment, which may be somewhat front-ended.

What does June 6th have to do with it. That'll merely be an investment pack for shareholders and will probably just reiterate whats already been said. I can guarantee it will not contain detail of Whyte's bank account.

He would hardly have said all this knowing the transfer window is upon us and he'd be found out in weeks.

It disgusts me the way some have siezed on the timmy propaganda and bought into this doubt. Admittedly AJ's played on the same thing, another reason the scurrilous git can rot in hell.

I expect as soon as Whyte comes up with £5m or £10m to spend, the stories will just shift back to the wavetower debt.

"We just want to question things" - No you don't, you just want to stir it. Nobody on here will have the answers, so questioning it on here is futile.

Thus far, Whyte has done everything he said he would and we should get behind him, until he does otherwise. Some clearly have other agendas on the go.

Spot on!

People who go on as if they are "in the know" getting all upset because they dont actually know whats happening so just bring up these points to try and make others insecure or worry as well...

Pathetic!

The tims are hurting, leave them to it, was their not some connected with celtic in yesterday's DR saying, Whyte would sell up in 3years and in his opinion Ally has been told buy cheap sell big, is that not what the scum do these days <cr>

Celtic fc are in the shadows of the champions that much, they spend more time talking about us, than they do their own team

Another thread of scaremongering keeping this mythical cloud over everything Rangers.

:rolleyes::disappointment:

Do you know it is traditional for men of honour to fall on their sword, perhaps not... ;)

If you have to have the significance of 16th May and 6th June in relation to the TOP agreement in not requiring whyte to have to bid for or offer for all shares, as the agreement to announce on 16th May rendered them virtually worthless due to a certain £1 deal.....I will leave you to it.

The strangest thing is that the shares have continued to trade at 30p-35p, surely a bit more than worthless

If you have to have the significance of 16th May and 6th June in relation to the TOP agreement in not requiring whyte to have to bid for or offer for all shares, as the agreement to announce on 16th May rendered them virtually worthless due to a certain £1 deal.....I will leave you to it.

The strangest thing is that the shares have continued to trade at 30p-35p, surely a bit more than worthless

Really thats is bang out of order, imagine setting a deadline then not meeting that deadline he should be strung up! Noone ever breaks a deadline do they...

And im panicking for my shares as well, 30-35p how on earth are the team and Ally going to concentrate and play winning football knowing this, can you imagine trying to sign a player and they find out our shares are only selling for 35p he would tell us where to go!

There gonna be trouble i tells ya! *shakes fist and makes worried face*

Do you know it is traditional for men of honour to fall on their sword, perhaps not... ;)

You have no honour and there is no sword, quite frankly your alleged "concern" with all things Whyte and Rangers is bordering on obssessive behaviour. Please just let it go, sit back and enjoy your summer, if Whyte does make a cunt of it and has no pot to piss in then by all means come back on and tell us all you tried to warn us but until then, show a bit of class, some dignity and patience and more importantly some support of our club and new owner.

(tu)

Is there a way of having a poll set up to vote on whether certain people should be banned for sh*t stirring and if the results are greater than x% then the mods will do it?

Just asking.

Really thats is bang out of order, imagine setting a deadline then not meeting that deadline he should be strung up! Noone ever breaks a deadline do they...

And im panicking for my shares as well, 30-35p how on earth are the team and Ally going to concentrate and play winning football knowing this, can you imagine trying to sign a player and they find out our shares are only selling for 35p he would tell us where to go!

There gonna be trouble i tells ya! *shakes fist and makes worried face*

I see you don't understand at all. :sherlock:

You have no honour and there is no sword, quite frankly your alleged "concern" with all things Whyte and Rangers is bordering on obssessive behaviour. Please just let it go, sit back and enjoy your summer, if Whyte does make a cunt of it and has no pot to piss in then by all means come back on and tell us all you tried to warn us but until then, show a bit of class, some dignity and patience and more importantly some support of our club and new owner.

(tu)

Wasn't it you who was never going to post again...after spitting the dummy, such a thin skin to be heaping opprobrium. :sherlock:

If posters have all the answers perhaps they could share them. If not, perhaps they might understand that after watching us go into serious debt twice under Murray people have legitimate concerns when there are so many unknowns. The same 'timmy propaganda' calls were heard when questions were asked about Murray's running of the club.

I have no idea why people on this forum seem so desperate for Whyte to fail and our club to have no money to spend again.

There may be some like that, and i know what you mean, but there are others, and i consider myself as one, who are just concerned about Mr Whyte, where he has came from, a few things he has said and how this deal is structured.

I think its quite foolish to simply throw all our weight and support behind him when, at this stage, we virtually know nothing about the guy and how he has found/funded this wealth. (tu)

The OP though is a tit, if that helps any. :D

Do you think you'll get answers to these "legitimate concerns" on here ?

Folk are just playing on the unknowns, filling in the vacuum with pish and doubts.

Why not just get behind Whyte and hear what he has to say instead of wringing hands and fearing the worst.

The same folk that were greeting about Murray and the old board are now greeting about Whyte.

We'll know in the next few weeks if he's genuine or not, but by then I guess the stirrers will be doubting something else.

I know what I'm doubting.

(tu)

:clap::clap:

There may be some like that, and i know what you mean, but there are others, and i consider myself as one, who are just concerned about Mr Whyte, where he has came from, a few things he has said and how this deal is structured.

I think its quite foolish to simply throw all our weight and support behind him when, at this stage, we virtually know nothing about the guy and how he has found/funded this wealth. (tu)

The OP though is a tit, if that helps any. :D

Agreed, I'm not talking about people who doubt him as quite frankly, it would be stupid not to as in 5 years time or so, a huge question could be "Why did everyone sit back and not challenge him" etc.

But I'm talking about others like Spangles whose issue with Whyte seems personal rather than any well intentions in regards to the club.