It's none of our business.

spangles

If posters have all the answers perhaps they could share them. If not, perhaps they might understand that after watching us go into serious debt twice under Murray people have legitimate concerns when there are so many unknowns. The same 'timmy propaganda' calls were heard when questions were asked about Murray's running of the club.

Nice to hear a voice of reason casey, the reason I brought the shares up, is that I am aware that a newspaper is asking questions about it, as to why shares deemed worthless were accredited as such, when the market shows them to have a value at circa £6 mill in total, being the remaining 15%, still trading at 30p-35p.

Market Cap

35.4M

ISIN

GB0007237380

Par

Inst Type

ORD

Symbol

RFC

Securities in issue

Sector

Leisure Entertainment & Hotels

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think you'll get answers to these "legitimate concerns" on here ?

Folk are just playing on the unknowns, filling in the vacuum with pish and doubts.

Why not just get behind Whyte and hear what he has to say instead of wringing hands and fearing the worst.

The same folk that were greeting about Murray and the old board are now greeting about Whyte.

We'll know in the next few weeks if he's genuine or not, but by then I guess the stirrers will be doubting something else.

I know what I'm doubting.

What are you doubting?

It's funny that you talk about an information vacuum yet at the same time implore everyone to listen to what Whyte has to say!

Nice to hear a voice of reason casey, the reason I brought the shares up, is that I am aware that a newspaper is asking questions about it, as to why shares deemed worthless were accredited as such, when the market shows them to have a value at circa £6 mill in total, being the remaining 15%, still trading at 30p-35p.

Market Cap

35.4M

ISIN

GB0007237380

Par

Inst Type

ORD

Symbol

RFC

Securities in issue

Sector

Yes, but Whytes obligatory offer to buy shares has to be at the price he bought the rest of his shares at and therefore he would only be offering 1/95,000,000th of a pence for each share which could sell for 30 pence on the open market.

Pointless exercise.

Poor old Spangles.

The takeover going through and the debt being paid off must have gutted him.

Looks like he'll need a holiday.

Let's hope he has a pot with some piss in it to pay for the holiday

I have no idea why people on this forum seem so desperate for Whyte to fail and our club to have no money to spend again.

its because they can come out and say "hey look, we told you all this was going to happen and look we're right, told you so" and all that shite

its because they can out and say "hey look, we told you all this was going to happen and look we're right, told you so" and all that shite

Do you honestly believe that Rangers supporters want Rangers to fail so that they can boast on an internet messageboard? :D

Market Cap

35.4M

ISIN

GB0007237380

Par

Inst Type

ORD

Symbol

RFC

Securities in issue

Sector

The shares are "worthless" in the sense that they would make no difference to the overall control of the club.

Just because Whyte has acquired his shares for £1 doesn't mean the other shares have no monetary value. They just have no use as a bargaining chip.

Would it really make that much sense to come out and say "We're going to spend £Xm this summer"? Why would you want other clubs knowing how deep your pockets are? <cr>

Whyte should be judged on his actions in the transfer market.

As for the share price, fucking hell it's like reading through that pish on rangerstaxcase.com.

The shares are "worthless" in the sense that they would make no difference to the overall control of the club.

Just because Whyte has acquired his shares for £1 doesn't mean the other shares have no monetary value. They just have no use as a bargaining chip.

It is apparently a bit more complicated than 85% having more power than 15%, it appears The Takeover Panel may have misinterpreted their own rules, not unknown in the City.

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/code.pdf

The same tired posters who spent all last season slagging Smith have found a new target.

Remember they also slagged Smith for the good of Rangers.

What were these posters complaining about with regard to Smith? You seem to think that blind acceptance makes you a better fan than the rest.

What were these posters complaining about with regard to Smith? You seem to think that blind acceptance makes you a better fan than the rest.

Its better than being the guy who wants to shit on Rangers as he thinks that makes him the uber fan.

Different day different target.

Its boring now.

Its better than being the guy who wants to shit on Rangers as he thinks that makes him the uber fan.

Different day different target.

Its boring now.

I'm no better or worse than anyone else, it's called speaking your mind in a discussion forum. It's what the big boys do.

It is apparently a bit more complicated than 85% having more power than 15%, it appears The Takeover Panel may have misinterpreted their own rules, not unknown in the City.

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/code.pdf

Are you suggesting two parties can't negotiate a price for publicly traded shares? If so, please direct us to the relevant regulation.

Many thanks.

Can you be more precise as to which rule please (tu)

I could but I won't, don't want you accusing some tit ;) of leading you astray, if you look under the 35 relevant references to dispensations in rule 9, which you have, you can apply your reading to it, apparently everyone else does. :pipe:

I could but I won't, don't want you accusing some tit ;) of leading you astray, if you look under the 35 relevant references to dispensations in rule 9, which you have, you can apply your reading to it, apparently everyone else does. :pipe:

No thanks.

No thanks.

There is also further legislation forced on TOP by the ECC, for the protection of minority shareholders, but I am sure you are already aware of that. Unfortunately a bus appears to have been driven through that also, but as everything involved with TOP nothing really surprises, just ask former Cadbury workers.

why is this supposed 25 million an issue with some fans still. A properly run rangers with a decent ceo that can wheel and deal in the market, and a bit of luck in Europe can see us turn a far better profit than 5million

i would much prefer whyte not having to put another penny into the club, and instead we earn our own transfer budget every year. It shouldn't be too fucking difficult. There's plenty of bargains out there surely that we can buy in cheap and sell on at a good profit