It's none of our business.

spangles

why is this supposed 25 million an issue with some fans still. A properly run rangers with a decent ceo that can wheel and deal in the market, and a bit of luck in Europe can see us turn a far better profit than 5million

i would much prefer whyte not having to put another penny into the club, and instead we earn our own transfer budget every year. It shouldn't be too fucking difficult. There's plenty of bargains out there surely that we can buy in cheap and sell on at a good profit

Where has he stated that transfer spending is dependent on profit? He pointed out that £25m will be made available over a five year period, which appears to have been a stipulation of the takeover, even though it is extremely unlikely that anything could be done if he reneged on that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no better or worse than anyone else, it's called speaking your mind in a discussion forum. It's what the big boys do.

So far i've gathered being one of the big boys is giving the former Rangers manager it tight and making a complete arse of yourself, now its the new owners turn.

It must be tough being a so called big boy.

Thank fuck i'm a man and can see the new owner will need time, not stabbed in the back from the minute he takes over.

why is this supposed 25 million an issue with some fans still. A properly run rangers with a decent ceo that can wheel and deal in the market, and a bit of luck in Europe can see us turn a far better profit than 5million

i would much prefer whyte not having to put another penny into the club, and instead we earn our own transfer budget every year. It shouldn't be too fucking difficult. There's plenty of bargains out there surely that we can buy in cheap and sell on at a good profit

hes pledged the 25 million he better deliver it.

if another 5 million can be genetared on top of that thats fine.

Another thread of scaremongering keeping this mythical cloud over everything Rangers.

:rolleyes::disappointment:

100% agree.

The scouts are travelling constantly just now, and the Gaffer (this name suits you Mr. McCoist) has been on the road as well with them, and they all will be until the season starts - no holidays for them.

I assume they aren't travelling round on a jolly, given that their respective families incomes depends on them doing a good job?

Scaremongering indeed.

So far i've gathered being one of the big boys is giving the former Rangers manager it tight and making a complete arse of yourself, now its the new owners turn.

It must be tough being a so called big boy.

Thank fuck i'm a man and can see the new owner will need time, not stabbed in the back from the minute he takes over.

Stabbed in the back? :D You're acting more like a wee lassie.

If you can't get away with accusing someone of being a taig, you go for the uber fan route only you can't back that up either. As for Smith, I argued that his ultra-defensive style wasn't suiting our players and playing into the hands of the opposition. Our last few games were a breath of fresh air and we steamrollered our way to the title. Better late than never.

If you can't get away with accusing someone of being a taig, you go for the uber fan route only you can't back that up either. As for Smith, I argued that his ultra-defensive style wasn't suiting our players and playing into the hands of the opposition. Our last few games were a breath of fresh air and we steamrollered our way to the title. Better late than never.

people werent wrong about walter. he did deserve more time and respect to fix the problems than he was being afforded.

but change was needed thankfully walter saw that as well.

Tell someone who cares big boy.

Your slagging of Smith and the new owner as a sign of you caring so much about Rangers doesn't wash with me.

people werent wrong about walter. he did deserve more time and respect to fix the problems than he was being afforded.

but change was needed thankfully walter saw that as well.

They were wrong when the called him a cunt and had stupid signatures saying Smith must go but that was for the good of Rangers.

100% agree.

The scouts are travelling constantly just now, and the Gaffer (this name suits you Mr. McCoist) has been on the road as well with them, and they all will be until the season starts - no holidays for them.

I assume they aren't travelling round on a jolly, given that their respective families incomes depends on them doing a good job?

Scaremongering indeed.

Ahem....Super Ally is off to Portugal for a holiday. And a well deserved one at that.

Just out of curiosity, what are the scouts going to watch given that most leagues are now finished ? :pipe:

some took it to far certainly.

Did they not support Rangers the first time Smith was here as to me bar having a better class of players his Management style and the way he set up his teams didn't change.

His second spell was fantastic and did much better than i thought he would.

I think we have to give the new owner time but posters seem to be getting caught up in the filths hype that he's going to bankrupt us and not invest in the team

Did they not support Rangers the first time Smith was here as to me bar having a better class of players his Management style and the way he set up his teams didn't change.

His second spell was fantastic and did much better than i thought he would.

I think we have to give the new owner time but posters seem to be getting caught up in the filths hype that he's going to bankrupt us and not invest in the team

His first spell was a domestic triumph, but it should have been with the superior tools he had at his disposal. Europe was nothing short of a disgrace, bar one good season. A wasted opportunity. Back on topic, why does someone expressing doubts about Whyte need to be anything to do with the taigs? Some of us don't spend half our time on their boards.

whyte has done nothing so far. well exept miss his first deadline for comunication to the shareholders.

some caution over his other promises is sensible.

That's taig-speak, you. :D Are you going over for the Linfield game, mate?

His first spell was a domestic triumph, but it should have been with the superior tools he had at his disposal. Europe was nothing short of a disgrace, bar one good season. A wasted opportunity. Back on topic, why does someone expressing doubts about Whyte need to be anything to do with the taigs? Some of us don't spend half our time on their boards.

What part of this gave you that daft statement.

I dont know why you bother quoting me at all to be honest as that statement has no bearing on what i posted.

Glenn 'funky' Gibbons ???? whit ever next ....a most rabid Septic Journalist you could never imagine........ throw that in with Dempsey and Mouthpiece in the DR this week...........next we will be having Ronnie Culley having his take on the Whyte Strategy...... ......they sure are frothing at the mouth these bitter journos..... i jist laugh at their keek :)

Glenn 'funky' Gibbons ???? whit ever next ....a most rabid Septic Journalist you could never imagine........ throw that in with Dempsey and Mouthpiece in the DR this week...........next we will be having Ronnie Culley having his take on the Whyte Strategy...... ......they sure are frothing at the mouth these bitter journos..... i jist laugh at their keek :)

All the panic/drama seems to be working on some it has to be said.

Makes me think Whytes going to be good for us.

I actually love how everyone demands answers as if in some mythical past we were always kept in the loop

We are the supporters. Yes

Lifeblood of the club. Indeed

So yes we ARE entitled to info but Whyte would be a diddy if he came out and said 'right guys, here's the score. We have X to spend' OR 'I only have Y in the account'

First scenario - Clubs would bump up the price for players we want

Second scenario - Clubs would offer less for our players as they know our limits

So long as Mr Whyte spends the value he pledged and shows some flexibility IF needed (hopefully that won't arise as it'd mean we're struggling) I'll be happy.

Sometimes there are very good reasons for keeping your cards close to your chest.

Only in Scotland is that 'proof' of sinister intentions.

When did you last hear of ANY team disclosing their budget and financial plans? Never I reckon.

Where has he stated that transfer spending is dependent on profit? He pointed out that £25m will be made available over a five year period, which appears to have been a stipulation of the takeover, even though it is extremely unlikely that anything could be done if he reneged on that.

im not saying the 25mill was linked to profit

what im saying is that a properly ran rangers could very well turn a profit of more than the 5mill that whyte has apparently said he'll invest in the team each season

basically if whyte turned round next month and said, "starting from next summer, i wont be investing the 5million in rangers myself, but every penny profit that the club makes is available to spend, that includes transfer profits, revenure profits and anything else"

i would be more than happy with that, for too long our club has been ran poorly financially, lets get away from relying on the benefactor styel that we are accustomed to

if whyte can get the club turning a 5-10mill profit every season then he can keep his 5mill per year that he said he was going to invest (tu)

hes pledged the 25 million he better deliver it.

if another 5 million can be genetared on top of that thats fine.

wouldnt you be happier if whyte instead managed to keep delivering trophies while turning better than 5million a year profit?

as i replied to casey, if whyte can deliver a 5-10million a year profit (including transfer profits) while still winning domestic trophies, then he can keep the 25mill he claimed he was going to invest

a winning and profitable rangers is a far better proposition than a club ran at a loss and requiring funding from its owner

I actually love how everyone demands answers as if in some mythical past we were always kept in the loop

We are the supporters. Yes

Lifeblood of the club. Indeed

So yes we ARE entitled to info but Whyte would be a diddy if he came out and said 'right guys, here's the score. We have X to spend' OR 'I only have Y in the account'

First scenario - Clubs would bump up the price for players we want

Second scenario - Clubs would offer less for our players as they know our limits

So long as Mr Whyte spends the value he pledged and shows some flexibility IF needed (hopefully that won't arise as it'd mean we're struggling) I'll be happy.

Sometimes there are very good reasons for keeping your cards close to your chest.

Only in Scotland is that 'proof' of sinister intentions.

When did you last hear of ANY team disclosing their budget and financial plans? Never I reckon.

Shome mishtake shurely....offshore is a better place... (tu)

im not saying the 25mill was linked to profit

what im saying is that a properly ran rangers could very well turn a profit of more than the 5mill that whyte has apparently said he'll invest in the team each season

basically if whyte turned round next month and said, "starting from next summer, i wont be investing the 5million in rangers myself, but every penny profit that the club makes is available to spend, that includes transfer profits, revenure profits and anything else"

i would be more than happy with that, for too long our club has been ran poorly financially, lets get away from relying on the benefactor styel that we are accustomed to

if whyte can get the club turning a 5-10mill profit every season then he can keep his 5mill per year that he said he was going to invest (tu)

I don't believe that he intends to put in his own money to fund those transfers. I'm certainly with you on wanting us run properly, as opposed to being at the whim of someone's huge ego. As we have found out all too painfully, when they get bored we end up in the shit.

Ahem....Super Ally is off to Portugal for a holiday. And a well deserved one at that.

Just out of curiosity, what are the scouts going to watch given that most leagues are now finished ? :pipe:

Brazilian A, but I am sure you already knew that. As per plenty requests from punters on here, look further afield.

U21 Championships - 11th to the 25th June 2011. Do you really think that this tournament won't be fully covered?

Lots of work to be done, and don't kid yourself that the team of men in place won't do it.

I don't believe that he intends to put in his own money to fund those transfers

i sincerely hope he doesnt, but it seems that unless he literally pulls 5million every summer for the next 5 seasons from his own wallet then some people will claim that whyte "lied" to them

a properly ran rangers, with european money, transfer profits and better merchandising revenue, could very well turn a 5-10mill a year profit

i wouldnt care who the owner was, if he could do that and still deliver success on the field then he has my backing (tu)