Home Nations.

simon

What's the problem with it? Why is the turnout so poor?

I think it is a brilliant idea, really would be a shame if it got binned.

Maybe it is the location? If it was over here I am sure the stadium would have been full, or nearly full, every time.

I agree it's a good idea, for bragging rights etc, gives it that added interest IMO.

1 problem I think is the times they picked to schedule it forn and also the location.

If it's better thought out then I don't see why it can't be good.

Quite a shame that England aren't in it though as that would have been good.

Is this going to happen every season ? Or every 4 years etc ?

It should have been home and away against each team! Seriously how many fans did they think would travel? 500 and odds at the game on friday fs!

When the nation who are hosting the tournament aint playing thers akways going to be hardly anyone there

I'm enjoying it, but that's mainly because Scotland are winning games and playing some decent football at times.

The low attendances in part are due to the high ticket prices (between £40-50 I believe for some of the games) and obviously the cost of getting to Dublin, which isn't a cheap city itself. The scheduling hasn't been great either, but they have to fit the fixtures into the international calendar.

Hopefully the organisers will have learned their lesson for next time, but if the SFA are involved, I doubt it.

At the end of the day it is a tournament with 4 really shit teams.

This (tu)

Add in the fact that Wales and Northern Ireland have squads filled with guys who aren't even regulars makes it far less appealing for their fans. Do they expect people to travel to watch them when it's quite clear they are going to get hammered?

This tournament has the potential to be great, as usual the organizers of anything to do with football are fucking useless though.

To the person who ased above, the tourney is every 2 years. I also think England are interested in being part of the next one.

Poor timing.

Poor teams.

Too expensive.

Poor Location.

Lack of availablity for full first team squads.

No England.

If they had it pre-season when all the games were finished, charged £10-£15 a ticket and let the kids go free and had it in smaller stadiums it would be a much bigger success.

If they want it to be the glamour tournament they expect then they need England in it. They are the only big team in the British isles.

This tournament has the potential to be great, as usual the organizers of anything to do with football are fucking useless though.

To the person who ased above, the tourney is every 2 years. I also think England are interested in being part of the next one.

I don't think it's been marketed very well.

They should have gone with two games on the same day, had it on a Saturday and marketed it as a family occassion type thing.

I don't think it's been marketed very well.

They should have gone with two games on the same day, had it on a Saturday and marketed it as a family occassion type thing.

Theres a thousand things wrong with it, I would be here all day listing them so I'm not going to bother, but like I said, this tournament reall has MASSIVE potential, the first step would be getting England involved and maybe have a UK wide winter break and have it played then? They need to get their finger out either way because we have a chance to make International football appealing again.

Simples....no one is interested in paying to see Football apart from, Season Ticket games, CL games, World cup/Euro qualifiers against top teams.

Scottish Cup, League Cup, Fa Cup, British Cup, crappy friendlies and International bounce games have no appeal and are all on their last legs.

Theres a thousand things wrong with it, I would be here all day listing them so I'm not going to bother, but like I said, this tournament reall has MASSIVE potential, the first step would be getting England involved and maybe have a UK wide winter break and have it played then? They need to get their finger out either way because we have a chance to make International football appealing again.

Get real mate, the tournament has no appeal to England and not an ounce of potential and to have a UK wide winter break for it. What you said is on a par with Rangers having a winter break and taking part in a Tournament with Falkirk, Alloa, Stenhouesmuir and Cumbernauld UTD. England and TV audiencies have bigger fish to fry, the tournament is a daft idea and at the very best will attracy crowds of 15k if played in Scotland.

Get real mate, the tournament has no appeal to England and not an ounce of potential and to have a UK wide winter break for it. What you said is on a par with Rangers having a winter break and taking part in a Tournament with Falkirk, Alloa, Stenhouesmuir and Cumbernauld UTD. England and TV audiencies have bigger fish to fry, the tournament is a daft idea and at the very best will attracy crowds of 15k if played in Scotland.

Get real? England have all ready said they are considering a winter break, so are Scotland. England have also stated their interest in joining the next tournament. Its a realistic idea, do you not pay attention to the news?

Get real? England have all ready said they are considering a winter break, so are Scotland. England have also stated their interest in joining the next tournament. Its a realistic idea, do you not pay attention to the news?

Yes I do pay attention to the news, I believe W once said they were invading Iraq because they had WMD...Well its in the news so what W SAID must be true!

The English FA I believe have said they were considering the idea and may play a one off tournament...well its in the news so what he said must be true :) The English FA were approached a couple of years ago, declined it and said they would consider it in the future..... I think they are just being kind! Or the cynic in me may think its a sweetner to the home nation FA's as a trade off for not promotiting a team GB at the Olympics.

As someone said the idea died in the 70s, back then TV money didnt exist and to make money in the game you had to attract big crowds...ie Scotland V England. Nowadays as we all know TV revenue is what makes a match attractive and quite simply the FA are not going to spunk away precious international dates playing the likes of Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic when they could raise millions by having sell outs and huge TV revenue against the likes of Brasil, Argentina, Germany, Holland France etc.

What will Scotland and England learn from using precious International friendly dates against British sides with a similar style of play? How will that help England prepare to meet the other big nations in World Football??

As I said earlier, Would rangers want a tournament with the likes of Falkirk, Alloa etc?

And as for the English pushing for a winter break to play against the Likes of Wales and Northern Ireland :pipe:

Yes I do pay attention to the news, I believe W once said they were invading Iraq because they had WMD...Well its in the news so what W SAID must be true!

The English FA I believe have said they were considering the idea and may play a one off tournament...well its in the news so what he said must be true :) The English FA were approached a couple of years ago, declined it and said they would consider it in the future..... I think they are just being kind! Or the cynic in me may think its a sweetner to the home nation FA's as a trade off for not promotiting a team GB at the Olympics.

As someone said the idea died in the 70s, back then TV money didnt exist and to make money in the game you had to attract big crowds...ie Scotland V England. Nowadays as we all know TV revenue is what makes a match attractive and quite simply the FA are not going to spunk away precious international dates playing the likes of Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic when they could raise millions by having sell outs and huge TV revenue against the likes of Brasil, Argentina, Germany, Holland France etc.

What will Scotland and England learn from using precious International friendly dates against British sides with a similar style of play? How will that help England prepare to meet the other big nations in World Football??

As I said earlier, Would rangers want a tournament with the likes of Falkirk, Alloa etc?

And as for the English pushing for a winter break to play against the Likes of Wales and Northern Ireland :pipe:

I'm not saying its going to happen, it was merely a suggestion. It would give the 5 countries more competitive action which is better than playing friendlies but as you say, money rules they dont give a fuck what the fans want. I do think the tournament has potential but they have to make it a proper tournament with home and away game and all played at the same time rather than having games months apart. I know Scotland would fill hampdan with all their games but not sure about the Irish or the Welsh ( except when playing England ) as Football is not their first national sport. We could also invite a 'guest country' to take part just to keep it fresh. I'm all for it, I love Scotland and I want to see them playing competitive games. Would also be good away days.

As a young Englishman I can barely remember the last time we played Scotland in 2000, think I was only 8. :lol:

Would like to experience the atmosphere first hand so would love for us to be involved in this. Shame our FA see us as some sort of footballing super power (which we clearly aren't) and believe we're too good to be playing the likes of Wales, Scotland and both Irish sides on a regular basis.

The tournament hasn't been thought out very well though, every game at the same stadium?

Should be a little "league tournament" organised at the end of the season, each nation only has to play three games, assuming we boot the Taig's out of course, can't have those fenian bastards singing their shite songs and drinking Guinness on British soil.