Jelavic couldn't reject United

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic has revealed he could not reject a move to Manchester United if the Premier League giants came calling.

Jelavic enjoyed an impressive debut season in the SPL having scored 16 league goals from 23 appearances.

The Croatia international is aware of speculation linking him with a move to the UEFA Champions League runners-up, although he insists he is happy in Scotland.

However, should an offer from Old Trafford be forthcoming then he would have to give the move serious consideration - stating the English giants are a hard club to reject.

Jelavic would move if he had the opportunity to join United, although he says he would not simply jump ship for any Premier League side.

Happy

"If Manchester United make an offer for me then I couldn't stay in Scotland."

Nikica Jelavic

Quotes of the week

"Moving to another club? No, that's the last thing on my mind," Jelavic told Jutarnji List.

"I'm enjoying Scotland. My life is fantastic. I like being here as a footballer. The most important thing is I see that my family is happy too. So there's really no reason for me to move.

"Manchester United? Well, that would be of course very hard to reject. But I only read about Red Devils in newspapers.

"Of course I'm happy to be linked with such a great club, but I really don't know anything about this. Me and Walter Smith, who knows Alex Ferguson very well, joked about this stuff.

"He was telling me, that Fergie is building team for me to fit in. But in reality I doubt that he would talk with Ferguson about his players... But of course, if Manchester United make an offer for me then I couldn't stay in Scotland.

"United is a club you can't say no to. If Newcastle United call then I'd stay in Glasgow, no doubt."

Link - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6960309,00.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's certainly good enough you watch players like Hernadez who has little or no touch and doesn't know the offside rule to realise Jelavic would do well at Utd.

A great player i think he'd score for fun at Utd.

youd only be able to say yes to them jela if they gave us around 15million!

mmm he was only worth £4 million a year ago so doubt his performances have increased his value by 11 million. One of our best signings in years but Man U or a top 4 club in England....yer having a laugh!

mmm he was only worth £4 million a year ago so doubt his performances have increased his value by 11 million. One of our best signings in years but Man U or a top 4 club in England....yer having a laugh!

The money they pay down south for players is ridiculous we shouldnt be accepting paltry offers for ANY players when premier league teams come calling

The money they pay down south for players is ridiculous we shouldnt be accepting paltry offers for ANY players when premier league teams come calling

Not saying they dont pay ridiculous money, my point is he was worth £4 Million a year ago and every EPL side was aware of him being available for that fee. Are we really saying his performances in a backwater league over the last 8 months have turned him into a £15 Million player?

Not saying they dont pay ridiculous money, my point is he was worth £4 Million a year ago and every EPL side was aware of him being available for that fee. Are we really saying his performances in a backwater league over the last 8 months have turned him into a £15 Million player?

Did you forget the Boumsong deal.

We're saying they missed the boat at £4M.

When they are buying a player you have to compare him with other strikers bought in that league.

I'd say they may have been aware of him but his performances for us are more widely seen in England than anything he did for Vienna so that increased awareness results in increased value - as does the fact he can cope with British football

When they are buying a player you have to compare him with other strikers bought in that league.

I'd say they may have been aware of him but his performances for us are more widely seen in England than anything he did for Vienna so that increased awareness results in increased value - as does the fact he can cope with British football

Agree with all that been mighty impressed by Jelavic.

I think he would do very well in the Epl but would hate to lose him unless we got a real big transfer fee.

Well we can't really expect our players to turn down a move to a team who consistently challenge for EPL and CL. As long as we get big money for him, I don't think we could complain.

Loving the quote at the end about Newcastle :lol:

Did you forget the Boumsong deal.

Eh no and that's not a good comparison, Boumsong signed on a free which was not his value. If he had a contract in France I'm sure we would have signed him for a similar fee to what he left for. Anyone that thinks we got the quoted fee must believe in the tooth fairy. It was well known that the player and agent 'Willie McLies' took about 50% of the fee and that perhaps some of the fee went towards a 'french vineyard retirement fund'

Eh no and that's not a good comparison, Boumsong signed on a free which was not his value. If he had a contract in France I'm sure we would have signed him for a similar fee to what he left for. Anyone that thinks we got the quoted fee must believe in the tooth fairy. It was well known that the player and agent 'Willie McLies' took about 50% of the fee and that perhaps some of the fee went towards a 'french vineyard retirement fund'

I think its a very good example it shows these thing happen. I'm sure it was all above board as would have been discussed at the Agm and entered in the finances that year.

Do go on with your Fairy story.

Of course they have missed the boat at £4 million, Rangers dont need to sell and therefore wont sell at that fee. The point I made and I'm still waiting on an answer for is , If he was worth 4 Million in August and every EPL team was aware of him and didnt think he was worth a punt...what has he done to make him a £15 Million pound player after 20 games in the SPL!!! . In my opinion he is a great signing but a 15 Million pound player, take off the blue tinted specs.

I remember 2 years ago when Birmingham were in for Boyd some on here said 3.5 million from Birmingham was a joke and that Sunderland paid £15 million for that clown Bent so that's what we should be looking at.

If he stays another year , bangs in 50 goals and rips teams apart in the CL then we may get a damn good fee.