Jelavic couldn't reject United

Of course they have missed the boat at £4 million, Rangers dont need to sell and therefore wont sell at that fee. The point I made and I'm still waiting on an answer for is , If he was worth 4 Million in August and every EPL team was aware of him and didnt think he was worth a punt...what has he done to make him a £15 Million pound player after 20 games in the SPL!!! . In my opinion he is a great signing but a 15 Million pound player, take off the blue tinted specs.

I remember 2 years ago when Birmingham were in for Boyd some on here said 3.5 million from Birmingham was a joke and that Sunderland paid £15 million for that clown Bent so that's what we should be looking at.

If he stays another year , bangs in 50 goals and rips teams apart in the CL then we may get a damn good fee.

In truth i think he will have added 2 million and at a real push 4 million onto his price tag if their is competition for him the 15 milion is pie in the sky.

Would happily accept it though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically, Newcastle could well be the club that comes in and tests Rangers' resolve with a big money bid. They have a wad of money burning a hole in their pocket and have still to replace Andy Carroll with a decent striker.

I reckon Jelavic will still be at Ibrox next season though, ploughing a way into the Champions League group stages. If he performs well there, it'll be a matter of time before the big clubs want to take him off our hands.

I think its a very good example it shows these thing happen. I'm sure it was all above board as would have been discussed at the Agm and entered in the finances that year.

Do go on with your Fairy story.

so you are comparing fees with signing someone on a Bosman and then selling him six months later with a four year contract around his neck to a deal with signing a player on a contract and then selling him on still with a contract :pipe:

Who said it was not above board? Do you eally think Willie McLies gave Rangers a player in August for nothing and then let him leave for £6/7/8 million four months later and let Rangers keep the fee?? The deal suited both parties...as did the Daniel Cousin fee taht McLies was involved in a few years later. Keep puting the pound under the pillow.

so you are comparing fees with signing someone on a Bosman and then selling him six months later with a four year contract around his neck to a deal with signing a player on a contract and then selling him on still with a contract :pipe:

Who said it was not above board? Do you eally think Willie McLies gave Rangers a player in August for nothing and then let him leave for £6/7/8 million four months later and let Rangers keep the fee?? The deal suited both parties...as did the Daniel Cousin fee taht McLies was involved in a few years later. Keep puting the pound under the pillow.

strange that our books showed the money being paid in.....

Let's face it if any player in the SPL got a serious offer to join Man Utd then they would not even think twice about it. But as good as Jelavic is I don't think he would be good enough to play week in week out for Man Utd or any of the bigger clubs in England (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City)

I would love him to stay but if a club offers good money for Jelavic or any of our best players then I can see us selling.

What did the scum get for mcgeady ?(£10M or more )

who do you think is a better player ? Jelavic by a good bit for me.

what had mcgeady done ? eh ! nothing.

so to say you`d never get big money in scotland is nonsense.

Rem £15M isn`t big down there anymore for the top 6 clubs.

anything over £10M is a good deal for us.

Of course they have missed the boat at £4 million, Rangers dont need to sell and therefore wont sell at that fee. The point I made and I'm still waiting on an answer for is , If he was worth 4 Million in August and every EPL team was aware of him and didnt think he was worth a punt...what has he done to make him a £15 Million pound player after 20 games in the SPL!!! . In my opinion he is a great signing but a 15 Million pound player, take off the blue tinted specs.

I remember 2 years ago when Birmingham were in for Boyd some on here said 3.5 million from Birmingham was a joke and that Sunderland paid £15 million for that clown Bent so that's what we should be looking at.

If he stays another year , bangs in 50 goals and rips teams apart in the CL then we may get a damn good fee.

I get what you're saying but if you look at the Andy Carroll situation, when Newcastle were relegated he was offered to clubs for £1M, no one thought lets take a punt on him, last season he plays for Newcastle scores 9(?) goals and suddenly hes sold for £35M. Bent went to Sunderland for £24M, and he was established in the EPL regularly in the top 5 for the amount of goals he's scored.

If a team from the EPL come looking, why should we not demand £15-20M for him? Just cos he plays in the SPL? We always sell ourselfs short just because we dont believe he has justified that sort of fee, I say fcuk all and every club out there, you wanna buy The Jela?

That'll be £17.5M and if youre nice we'll throw in James Beattie aswell!

This.

Honestly think Manchester United will be after him before the new season gets under way but hope I'm proved wrong and he stays and fires us to 4IAR and European glory .

However, if he does go we should be looking for a minimum of £10 million for his services. (tu)

From todays ET

Nikica Jelavic: I want to be idol like Dado Prso

Published on 31 May 2011

Thomas Jordan

Nikica Jelavic today insisted he wants to remain at Rangers – and become an icon like countryman Dado Prso.

The Ibrox striker has been linked with a move away from the SPL champions after an impressive debut season in Scotland.

The £4million signing from Rapid Vienna hit 19 goals to help Walter Smith’s team win the league – despite missing three months with injury – and has attracted the attention of clubs in England and abroad.

But Jelavic wants to emulate fans’ favourite Prso and said: “When I came to Rangers, a lot of people spoke and wrote about comparisons between myself and Prso.

“That was logical because we are both forwards who come from Croatia. I can’t say that I’m not very popular with the fans, but I’m still very far from enjoying Prso’s status. But I would like to reach close to the popularity he left behind.”

Jelavic also insisted only the lure of a major club, such as Manchester United, would be enough to tempt him to leave Rangers.

When asked what would happen if a club like Newcastle came in for him, Jelavic said: “I would stay in Glasgow.

“For me, there would not be a dilemma. I’m not thinking about another club. My family feels very good in Scotland and I feel very good at Rangers.”

But after being linked with a move to Sir Alex Ferguson’s side, Jelavic admitted: “If that did happen, I’d hardly stay in Scotland. If you are made an offer by such a big club, it’s something you can’t reject.”

Jelavic has also revealed the speculation linking him with a move to the Old Trafford club made him the butt of a joke from former manager Walter Smith.

He said: “We had a laugh about it with the coach in training when he told me Sir Alex was going to prepare his team around me for the new season.”

Meanwhile, Leicester City have been linked with a cut-price £1m move for Ibrox stopper Madjid Bougherra.

The Algerian defender is preparing to enter the final year of his deal and new boss Ally McCoist must decided whether to cash in now, or run the risk of losing him for free next summer.