Scholes has retired.

It's not until they leave that you realise just how good that midfield of Man Utd was.

Beckham---Keane---Scholes---Giggs

That is amazing. A perfect midfield four in their prime.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't you heard that Man United lost both finals to Barcelona because he never played?

To be fair, Fletcher would be their most important/effective player at stopping Barca and would have given them a better chance but but it's a laughable excuse considering how easily Barca won and how easily they cope when their big players are out (eg Puyol).

Best English midfielder of the last 30 years in my opinion but has made the right decision to call it a day after a disappointing season by his high standards.

England slipped up badly when they failed to take him to last years World Cup finals.

I have chuckled more than once today at hearing Scholes described as the "complete midfielder" by numorous players and pundits. His tackling was so, so bad :lol:

A fabulous attacking midfielder but he wasn't exactly a Matthaus-type. What does complete mean if not well-rounded? And Scholes was not well rounded. Classy on the ball but at best a clumsy oaf and at worst a dirty bastard when he was trying to get it back.

Superb player ! Great to see him in his last season when manure played us the way he pinged the ball around the park with such ease that night was a joy to watch.

This.

One of his passes to Nani in the second half was one of the best I've ever seen. Basically got the ball from his own half and played a 30 yard diagonal. :praise:

There was actually a 10 minute video of his performance against us but it's deleted.

There does seem to be an overreaction to any Man Utd players that retire these days.

Scholes was sublime, but he's nowhere near the best player of recent times as some have suggested today.

Best midfielder i've ever seen. Legend

An all this shite about him not being able to tackle is rubbish. He knew what he was doing putting the boot in ;)

Zidane was leagues ahead of him.

It's annoying people saying how he was a dirty player etc and couldn't tackle. Personally I loved the fact that he got stuck in and picked up cards left right and center, and even if he wasn't the best at tackling, he more than made up for it with all his other abilities.

I'd rather have a player who's overly aggressive at trying to win the ball than someone who's shit scared to go into a tackle.