Our average wage vs theirs

ogbg

Yet some of our own fans were telling us that they weren't paying out megabucks and the tims would be fine. :rolleyes:

edit: the lack of CL and their size and wage for the squad is hurting them hugely, as we saw with their win at all costs tactics last season.

Fuck the bastards. No Surrender.

Can't believe that, with that difference, there's only 17 places between us.

I think that's simply because it's not a very exhaustive survey. For football, they only include 6 leagues (England, Germany, Spain, Italy, USA, Scotland). I'm sure there are plenty of Portuguese and French teams who would occupy places in between the two of us if they were included.

I think that's simply because it's not a very exhaustive survey. For football, they only include 6 leagues (England, Germany, Spain, Italy, USA, Scotland). I'm sure there are plenty of Portuguese and French teams who would occupy places in between the two of us if they were included.

Very good point.

It's an American survey, just be thankful we got 5 leagues outwith USA covered.

dominated may be the wrong word to use, considering we were on the back foot for most of the run in, and if it was not for Inverness they would have won.

Outwith this season we have dominated the last 3. It doesn't matter saying about Inverness either...hey if we never got beat at Tynie we wouldn't have needed for Inverness to beat them etc..

dominated may be the wrong word to use, considering we were on the back foot for most of the run in, and if it was not for Inverness they would have won.

True. This season was very close. On average, over the last 3 years, I would say dominated is correct though. Not sure what the discrepancy was in the previous two seasons but they were probably still paying more.

Average wage numbers are all well and good, but, what was their overall wage BILL for the last year?

Read somewhere that ours is round about 20 million and that it was considerably less than theirs, at the time anyway.

I have no idea if true or not but I heard they were close to double ours..

Average wage numbers are all well and good, but, what was their overall wage BILL for the last year?

Read somewhere that ours is round about 20 million and that it was considerably less than theirs, at the time anyway.

You just have to multiply the average by the squad size. Not sure what that is though.

I would actually say that appears to be a bit high for our wages. I would suspect only a couple may be in over 20k, a few in between 10 and 20 and alot on under 10k.

I would expect out bill to be under 15k and I think that is under 20k dollars

doesent matter what they pay their team of misfits,WE ARE A BETTER CLUB,BETTER TEAM AND A BETTER PEOPLE...NO SURRENDER..WATP

It matters if they're making healthy losses every year and winning nothing, while we carry on within our means winning trophies and playing in the CL :)

I would actually say that appears to be a bit high for our wages. I would suspect only a couple may be in over 20k, a few in between 10 and 20 and alot on under 10k.

I would expect out bill to be under 15k and I think that is under 20k dollars

The quoted figure translates to £14,859 p/w

I have no idea if true or not but I heard they were close to double ours..

The figure I heard was 40 million. It sound more plausible when you take into account the wages the likes of Keane and Kamara would have been on.

Its probably much less now but they havent had the CL or UEFA cup revenue generation we have.

In other words, even with a reduction of their wage bill Ill bet they're so close to the edge that NOT gaining CL qualification next season would be a disaster for them.

I firmly believe we now have room for 2 or 3 so called "big wage" players; I just dont think we'll see those signings until nearer the time the EPL sides announce their 25 man squads.

I think these might be last year's figures. First of all, it says: "'Average Annual Salary' represents base player salaries from current or most recently completed seasons from each sport, and excludes endorsements, bonuses, appearance fees and any other source of extra compensation," so it could be either this year's or last year's. But then it also has Hull listed as being in the EPL, so I think that means it's last year's.