the first new one for hamburg is ...

MICHAEL MANCIENNE will set his sights on Champions League glory with a £3million move to Hamburg.

The Chelsea defender is teaming up with ex-Blues technical director Frank Arnesen at the German outfit.

The 23-year-old said: "Hamburg get 50,000 every home game and my first job is to help them get in the Champions League. It's a very exciting move."

Mancienne was given special permission to fly from England Under-21s' Euro 2011 training camp in Malaga last night to have a medical in Hamburg before signing his new £40,000-a-week contract.

Arnesen left Chelsea last week to become sporting director at Hamburg.

The Dane demanded the Mancienne deal from his former bosses in return for taking a number of Chelsea youngsters on loan at Hamburg next season.

Mancienne, who can play centre-half or right-back, has two years left on his Stamford Bridge contract but has found it impossible to break into the first team.

He made just two league starts for Chelsea and, after two seasons on loan at Wolves, the £21m signing of David Luiz in January finally convinced him his permanent future lay elsewhere.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3608976/Michael-Mancienne-in-3million-Hamburg-move.html#ixzz1NxKGReEe

I honestly haven't seen him stand out in any game I've seen him play. £40,000 a week is a big wage and a high risk for potential. Great move for the guy played for 2 of the 4 blues Rangers next? biggrin.gif