Shane Long

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have missed your point tbh

You asked if we ever had any Welsh internationalists play for us and we did in Andy Dibble, regardless of how many caps he may or may not have had he is still an Internationalist.

to be fair to you mate, my point wasnt clear. Weve had players that were capped with ireland aswell, that mobs arguement is that no known regular irish internationalist, high profile also, has ever played for rangers, we wouldnt sign a player who is a regular in the irish national team. My point was, and still is, you could say the same thing about welsh internationalist. Yes, dibble had the odd cap. But my point remains the same. Maybe i didnt put it across properly, for that i apologise.

to be fair to you mate, my point wasnt clear. Weve had players that were capped with ireland aswell, that mobs arguement is that no known regular irish internationalist, high profile also, has ever played for rangers, we wouldnt sign a player who is a regular in the irish national team. My point was, and still is, you could say the same thing about welsh internationalist. Yes, dibble had the odd cap. But my point remains the same. Maybe i didnt put it across properly, for that i apologise.

I reckon it goes both ways tbh, maybe we as a club are a little reluctant to sign a ROI internationalist but I reckon the players themselves are slightly biggoted in their views about NOT wanting to play for us.

As for the Welsh thing, dunno why there havent been more signed, we tried to sign Hartson, maybe the welsh are just shite, I dunno

R.O.I is not full of Celtic supporters. Majority support an English team such as Liverpool, United or Arsenal.

Have no problem with signing a R.O.I player, it's about time we come out of the dark ages. How many N.I players have Celtic signed?

We're not in the dark ages

We cannot force an Irish catholic to join us against his will

Think Long would be a cracking signing though will likely end up in the premiership. My only reservation about him would be might be a championship level player, he was poor in the premiership but also young in fairness.

Think Long would be a cracking signing though will likely end up in the premiership. My only reservation about him would be might be a championship level player, he was poor in the premiership but also young in fairness.

Champ level is more than good enough for the level we play at.

Did I deny this?

Alan Kernaghan is still English born no matter if he played for R.O.I. His signing also went under the radar due to Kenny McDowall situation.

He is not a figure face at our club, or in a capacity that everybody knows who he is, which I noticed you ignored previously.

There is a clear difference, unless you are not bright enough to understand this.

It shouldnt matter if hes the fucking tea wummin! We have an Irish international and the Irish under 17's or 19's gk! Not our fault if most of them are shit scared to play for us! It has nothing to do with Rangers or Rangers fans.

If Miller can do as he done then Irish players will be welcomed. Still tell a lie often enough

Dark ages was more directed towards a good amount of our fans rather than the club.

However, how often have we shown an interest in a R.O.I internationalist? Don't think it can be denied the club for whatever reason try to keep away from those type of players.

Maybe because every time we enquire about those players we are told "no thanks". Its already been established its now our clubs failing, more their societies failing.

(tu)

As a striker comparison, Scott McDonald went from Motherwell to Celtic and handled the Champions League very well, scoring goals too. We have signed several players from lower level clubs and they have done just fine in Europe. (tu)

How many goals did McDonald score in Europe?

Generally, a championship level player isn't going to do wonders in the Champions league, but as I say Long may well be better than just a championship level player.

How many goals did McDonald score in Europe?

Generally, a championship level player isn't going to do wonders in the Champions league, but as I say Long may well be better than just a championship level player.

I have no idea mate, i didnt exactly follow follow him! :lol: I remember the cracker v Milan, also thought he scored against Man Utd. This was a guy from the lower leagues in England, then Motherwell. Just checked, he got 5 goals in 24 European matches. Compare that with our players, im sure its up there, most probably much better, im struggling to think of strikers we can compare him with as we only played 1 up front. Kenny, 1 goal in 13!

I think the lad Long can play at a higher level, i would love him at Ibrox.

(tu)

It has nothing to do with Rangers or Rangers fans.

So naive. :lol:

Rangers employ ROI internationals you stupid cunt. The fans dont complain about it, so how the fuck is to do with us?

How many of these people have we actually contacted? Any actual evidence mate?

As for rfc52 guy. So clueless, but that's to be expected from someone who claimed Rangers went to both Australia and Germany in pre season.

Im sure Eck tried to sign two Irish internationals and both knocked us back saying they feared for their families safety.

Would love him at ibrox, good wee player. Exactly what we would be looking for. Never going to happen though. Would be beneficial for the club, not only on a footballing basis, but also would show, that we aren't bigots etc etc.