Rangers European Record in recent years

mainsy81

I heard recently that Rangers were the only team to have a clean sheet at Old Trafford and were one of 3 teams to keep a clean sheet against Barcelona in the past few seasons. Also we had the best defensive record away from home. Are these all true and does anyone have all the stats?

If true then it's pretty impressive stuff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also if both celtic and the all the diddy teams combined had managed as many coefficient points as us scotland wouldve been ranked 5th best country in europe - someones letting scotland done in europe and it aint us.

also if both celtic and the all the diddy teams combined had managed as many coefficient points as us scotland wouldve been ranked 5th best country in europe - someones letting scotland done in europe and it aint us.

The UEFA Cup final makes up a huge chunk of our co-efficients, once that doesn't count anymore it won't look too great.

Although we missed out on the Last 16 I thought that European campaign this season was pretty solid, other than Valencia away we competed well in every game and got a few decent results out it. Obviously the Europa we done well but would've liked us to do better. Arguably though if we had beaten PSV we wouldn't have won the league, who knows but

I think last year was to be as expected and our minimul expextations. If we make it through to the last 16 of either of the European competitions I will be happy year in year out.

Rangers have reached the Semi-Finals or better in major European competitions 6 times.

Once as winners, three times as losing finalists and twice as losing semi-finalists.

Fiorentina from Italy and Marseilles from France have identical records to Rangers.

This puts Ranger's record as the 22nd best in Europe...

Major European Club Competitions Last 4 1955-56 to 2010-11

Rangers have reached the Semi-Finals or better in major European competitions 6 times.

Once as winners, three times as losing finalists and twice as losing semi-finalists.

Fiorentina from Italy and Marseilles from France have identical records to Rangers.

This puts Ranger's record as the 22nd best in Europe...

MajorEuropean Club Competitions Last 4 1955-56 to 2010-11

Good wee site mate. (tu)

I heard recently that Rangers were the only team to have a clean sheet at Old Trafford and were one of 3 teams to keep a clean sheet against Barcelona in the past few seasons. Also we had the best defensive record away from home. Are these all true and does anyone have all the stats?

If true then it's pretty impressive stuff.

Theres fuck all impressive about our recent European record, no matter how you paint it. Success for this club means WINNING, not scraping into the last 8 of the Champions League.