Rangers European Record in recent years

mainsy81

Theres fuck all impressive about our recent European record, no matter how you paint it. Success for this club means WINNING, not scraping into the last 8 of the Champions League.

"scraping" into the last eight of the champions league wouldn't be an achievment....history and resources available say that's nonsense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"scraping" into the last eight of the champions league wouldn't be an achievment....history and resources available say that's nonsense.

An achievment does not equate to a success.

You celebrate success. I cant see many flags being sold saying "RFC - quarter-finalists".

Walter certainly became more defense minded over the years.

I remember in 1996,in Zurich,a Rangers team containing legends Laudrup, Gaza, Albertz,Coisty,Goram,Gough,McCall and Durie were torn apart by Grasshoppers.

At that time players and management were critical of certain players not playing to orders.

I think latterly Walter's teams were always well disciplined, if nothing else. :sherlock:

There is room for improvement with our European record, but with our financial restraits in recent years then we have done remarkably well for ourselves.

I am actually extremely excited at the prospect our side in Europe next season, especially with Jelavic leading the line!

We have had our ups and downs.

Kaunas was an unmitigated disaster.

To get to Manchester with the players we had was a fantastic achievement.

Overall though our record and performances in the CL has been so very poor recently.

Here is the answer to my original question that started this thread.

In the last 7 years only 3 teams have kept a clean sheet against Man Utd & Barcelona in the Champions League....

They are AC Milan, Inter Milan & The Rangers.

Here is the answer to my original question that started this thread.

In the last 7 years only 3 teams have kept a clean sheet against Man Utd & Barcelona in the Champions League....

They are AC Milan, Inter Milan & The Rangers.

I wonder if both Milan outfits were slaughetered for playing anti-football like we were. If i remember correctly, Inter were commended for it! :lol:

I wonder if both Milan outfits were slaughetered for playing anti-football like we were. If i remember correctly, Inter were commended for it! :lol:

Chelsea and Man Utd have both played for 0-0 draw against Barca in the semi final's of the CL and they were both praised for it by everyone. Sheer hypocrisy.

The UEFA Cup final makes up a huge chunk of our co-efficients, once that doesn't count anymore it won't look too great.

Aye and if yer granny had baws she would be yer granda..ffs!

Check this out........

Follow Follow........

Tbh I know the guy that does that, it's a decent idea but he's a celtc fan and has deliberately weighted the European cup to try and balance all our titles which I find laughable, especially as we're still above them :craphead: