I reckon the Rangers only need to spend £5m

Railcard

Of course we deserved it but we can't go on relying on Celtic dropping points at bottom 6 teams again we need to build a squad they fear again. They had a bad patch drawing 3 home games in December so the same can be said that if they won those games they would have won the league would have been theirs months ago.

2 weeks ago everyone was saying how this was the best league win for years with the squad we have now people want the same team plus a few players to challenge Lafferty and Edu for a starting place.

I agree with you on this mate its been years since we have had a team anyone in the SPL feared tbh,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diouf and Healy did fuck all at Rangers and don't deserve a contract. Foster (other than his pace) has nothing to offer and his passing is shit. We don't need these guys. Ally should get rid of Beattie and Edu to boot. Get rid of these clowns and replace them with quality (tu)

They don't really need to do much. We pipped them to the post, but there's virtually nothing between the 2 teams. If we were to sell and not adequately replace one of our big names, and Celtic went in with exactly the same squad again, i'd have them as favourites

We pipped them to the post when our squad was ran ragged for most of the season...

We sold the SPL top scorer in January then lost the best striker in the SPL for the best for of 3-4months, we also brought 3 players under 21 into the 1st team to play regularly between them and played roughly 10-12 games more than they did over the course of the season.

With decent investment, 1st team quality and squad players we will be much better set for the season ahead than we have been for a long time! It might look close on paper when you see the league table but there nowhere near as good as The Rangers.

Really?

Havent you noticed how they all the SPL teams play 3 at the back and 3 upfront against us and dont sit back with 8 men behind the ball like they used to...

:craphead:

GK: 1 Allan McGregor, 12 Neil Alexander, 23 Grant Adam

DR: 2 Steven Whittaker, 13 Kirk Broadfoot

DC: 5 Madjid Bougherra, 16 Darren Cole, 24 Jordan McMillan

DC: 4 David Weir, 15 Kyle Bartley (Loan)

DL: 3 Sasa Papac, 14 Lee Wallace (£1.5m)

MR: 7 Steven Naismith, 18 Craig Conway (Bosman)

MC: 8 Steven Davis, 19 Jamie Ness

MC: 6 Maurice Edu, 17 Lee McCulloch, 25 Kyle Hutton

ML: 11 Gregg Wylde, 22 David Templeton (2m)

ST: 9 Kyle Lafferty, 20 David Goodwillie (£2m)

ST: 10 Nikica Jelavic, 21 John Fleck BYE BYE James Beattie (£250k)

Net transfer spend: £5.25m

25 man squad 22 with spare goalkeeper, defender and midfielder

21 out of 25 British

4 foreign players Papac, Bougherra, Jelavic, Edu

21 out of 25 under 30

4 players over 30 Weir, Papac, McCulloch, Alexander

mcgregor

whittaker bougherra bartley papac

naismith davis ness templeton

goodwillie jelavic

:drool:

I wouldn't be happy with Rangers going with Edu in the midfield again next year. IMO Bougherra (he doesn't want to play for us fuck 'im), Edu and Beatie need to leave. Celtic cuffed us a few times last season and I don't think brining in Conway, wallace (as squad players) with Goodwillie and Templeton pushing Lafferty and Wylde for a starting place is enough to swing things back in our favour. Also, Hearts knocked back an offer of £3.5m for Andy driver a couple of years back they'd want the same crazy money for Templeton. Romanov hates the Old Firm.

I agree with Gunslinger, Rangers should buy Bartley and get that kid on a 5 year contract because that kid has serious potential. I agree that Rangers need a Templeton type player but we should look elsewhere for a creative left-winger. I also think Goodwillie and maybe even Hemed as well should be brought in to give us options up front. The most important thing we need is a defensive midfielder to break up play and complement Davis because Edu is shocking. A massive central defensive mid like Etienne Capoue or Wanyama (who we have been linked with) would be perfect. Davis, Naismith and Wylde aren't big guys and we need more muscle to beef up the middle and give us more fight.

agree with all that. edu is not good enough. we need to invest in quality players now that we have some cash to do so

Can we please remember the tims never had European football last year! That helps when your squad has every midweek off

they had every advantage imaginable.

when was the last time a team knocked out in the first round of Europe didn't win the league.

I agree with the sentiment of the OP though not necessarily the specific player suggestions...

Going by what some on here are saying, we need to buy 11 new players and spend £50m which is a joke. It'd rip the heart of the existing team, put our wage bill up to a stupid level and run the huge risk of the team not gelling well for the start of the season (particularly CL qualifiers).

Who we need to buy will be somewhat dictated by whether Boogie leaves and if Davie Weir plays on. Two new CBs could be a challenge. Other than that, I'd settle for a midfield terrier (someone who can get in and about the opposition but with good distribution) and another striker to link with Jelavic. And if we are sensible, there is no reason that can't be done for £5m.

Though I reckon some on here would only be happy if we spend masses of money regardless of the quality we bring in.

I'd like to see us invest in a Jelavic type sum in a player to play in the middle of the park beside Davis.

It hasn't worked for him at Villa, but I've always though Michael Bradley would be a fantastic player for us.

I would love Vaughan to come and play in there beside Davis, he would be perfect IMO.

GK: 1 Allan McGregor, 12 Neil Alexander, 23 Grant Adam

DR: 2 Steven Whittaker, 13 Kirk Broadfoot

DC: 5 Madjid Bougherra, 16 Darren Cole, 24 Jordan McMillan

DC: 4 David Weir, 15 Kyle Bartley (Loan)

DL: 3 Sasa Papac, 14 Lee Wallace (£1.5m)

MR: 7 Steven Naismith, 18 Craig Conway (Bosman)

MC: 8 Steven Davis, 19 Jamie Ness

MC: 6 Maurice Edu, 17 Lee McCulloch, 25 Kyle Hutton

ML: 11 Gregg Wylde, 22 David Templeton (2m)

ST: 9 Kyle Lafferty, 20 David Goodwillie (£2m)

ST: 10 Nikica Jelavic, 21 John Fleck BYE BYE James Beattie (£250k)

Net transfer spend: £5.25m

25 man squad 22 with spare goalkeeper, defender and midfielder

21 out of 25 British

4 foreign players Papac, Bougherra, Jelavic, Edu

21 out of 25 under 30

4 players over 30 Weir, Papac, McCulloch, Alexander

We need a Right back, because Broadfoot seems to get injured alot now, and he's not the best in the 1st place. We also need a midfielder as jamie ness can't even last a full game never mind a season.

2 Centre backs, because Weir could be away and so could Bougherra.

I would get rid of Lee McCulloch surely someone would buy him, someone like St mirren?

We need a Right back, because Broadfoot seems to get injured alot now, and he's not the best in the 1st place. We also need a midfielder as jamie ness can't even last a full game never mind a season.

2 Centre backs, because Weir could be away and so could Bougherra.

I would get rid of Lee McCulloch surely someone would buy him, someone like St mirren?

Not a prayer of McCulloch leaving. He wouldn't have got the 2 year contract extension if Ally didn't rate him. And no other club in Scotland could come close to affording him

i reckon it could be done on bosmans alone if only we persuaded the certain individuls to come. as said a thousand times we dont have the wages to offer what other league teams do but if we save money on transfer fees we could surely put that extra money towards the extra wages to get those bosmans.

we cant be held to ransom from other spl clubs when it comes to signing goodwillie,templeton etc. there are better players out there that are going for nothing, we just have to hope we can find them and convince them to be part of our club.

Anybody see the Daily Record ?

It has line-ups for the start of the season and ours is

Alexander

Whittaker-Weir-Bartley-Wallace

Ness-Davis-Vaughan-Naismith

Jelavic-Goodwillie

:lol:

what's there's I bet it doesn't have them selling anyone.

This is theres.

Given

M.Wilson-Majstorovic-K.Wilson-Izaguirre

Brown-Eremenko-Ledley-Commons

Hooper-Mackail-Smith

As if Mackail-Smith is going to turn down an EPL club to join Celtic, what a load of shit

Though i do hope they sign Shay Given, Megabucks for a 35 year old who has been collecting splinters for the last 12 months and who can't command a defence