We are living in the era of...

Best couldnt lace wee Messis vimto.

What age is messi 23? ffs besty was passed it at 26

Fucker won a european cup and put is willy into action.

youll not find the wee man doing that hunger that will drive him to be at the end of his career the best the world has ever seen.

The arguement that Messi will only be the best ever when he leads Argentina to a World Cup is a load of shite. The defences he plays against in the Champions League are 10 times better than those Maradona played against years ago. Messi is God :sherlock:

Messi is light years ahead of anyone on the planet right now (bar Papac), Messi and barcelona the best player and team ever to grace the earth. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stoopid :craphead:

The arguement that Messi will only be the best ever when he leads Argentina to a World Cup is a load of shite. The defences he plays against in the Champions League are 10 times better than those Maradona played against years ago. Messi is God :sherlock:

:lol:

Aye, the likes of Baresi, Scirea and Bergomi were shite.

:lol:

Defenders today are not individually as good as previous years, however I would say the tactical side of the game is more advanced. Tighter formations, negative teams and the more athletic players in today's climate arguably make it harder for Messi to find space to dribble.

Never really bought into the whole Maradona got kicked off the park argument.

No?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcBkpOf4z8

In fact Maradona was subject to savagery on a regular basis such that it's difficult to imagine in the modern game. And I'm grateful for the new rules that stopped the violence-as-a-tactic.

Defenders today are not individually as good as previous years, however I would say the tactical side of the game is more advanced. Tighter formations, negative teams and the more athletic players in today's climate arguably make it harder for Messi to find space to dribble.

Never really bought into the whole Maradona got kicked off the park argument.

Look, I'm as big a Messi fan as anybody but there is no way that Messi has ever encountered a defence anything like the Juventus and AC Milan defenses of the 80s. Maradona did regularly. As for tight formations and negative teams, he played in Italy.