Rangers Unwilling To Meet Aberdeen's Foster Price

Creampuff

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250520/Coisty-wants-Bartley-back

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has admitted he would love to bring Kyle Bartley back to Ibrox next season.

Arsenal are prepared to sell their reserve team skipper and McCoist has confirmed he is keen to bring Bartley back, even if it is only on loan again.

Bartley had a successful spell at Ibrox last term before a knee injury cut his season short, but McCoist saw enough then and is ready to make contact with the Gunners over a new deal.

McCoist said: “Kyle Bartley is definitely a player I would love to bring back to Rangers.

“He did really well for us last season before the injury and there is no doubt he is quality.

“I haven’t spoken to Arsenal about him yet and I will need to speak to Arsene Wenger or Pat Rice to find out their feelings on Kyle.

“Certainly if we were told Kyle was available then it would be a deal I would love to try and do, although I know there will be quite a lot of interest in him.”

Rangers had a string of players on loan last season although Bartley looks the most likely to return to the SPL champions.

El Hadji Diouf, Vladimir Weiss and David Healy won’t be returning and the Ibrox outfit are unwilling to meet Aberdeen’s £250,000 valuation for Ricky Foster.

McCoist has been all over Europe scouting this week and will take in further games this weekend."

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250520/Coisty-wants-Bartley-backCoisty-wants-Bartley-back#ixzz1OAH4B5ln

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they know David Healy won't be returning? He has been made an offer to stay and I reckon he will accept it.

I don't want Foster back but £250,000 is nothing for a player who can cover a few positions.

If we need a bench warmer we can wait till the last second and offer them 100k and the sheep shaggers will take it. If not no bother we can find better cheaper.

A squad player for 250k. sounds a good price.

Healy would also be a good squad player, especially when we would only be covering his wages, I still reckon he will score for fun up here.

I knew Craig Brown saying "Foster won't go on the cheap" would still mean he would cost vet little

When Aberden spent 75k on Tommy Wright that was seen as an expensive signing.

It's funny how far they have fallen, yet watching their fans still harp on about how they should be the third force in Scotland :lol:

Well we have Broadfoot to cover Whittaker at RB who I think is better than Foster. We need a LB more I would say.

Broadfoot has missed the majority of both the last 2 seasons through injury

Can't rely on him to be fit

I also think Foster is marginally a better player