Transfer Budget Question

Broxi

we 'know' that we will be getting £10m to spend in the summer then £5m over the next 4 years after that (so we've been told) but what does this mean for the January transfer window?

Is is £10m for the summer and January or do we get extra or no funds in January?

We don't know anything about how much we have to spend. The only people who know how much there is to spend is Craig Whyte and Ally McCoist.

The rags have went from £5m, to £8m to £10m. They know as much as us.

I don't think many teams will have set budgets for the January transfer window, since you don't really know how'll you'll want to use the window or if at all until it's fairly well into the first half of the season.

It's difficult to get players mid-season with clubs playing hard ball and not having much time to find replacements. It'll generally only be used to tinker with the squad a bit i.e. a certain position didn't quite get filled in the summer, there's an injury crisis or the team is peforming very badly in a certain area.

Summer is when you build a team, January should only be used to make minor changes.

we 'know' that we will be getting £10m to spend in the summer then £5m over the next 4 years after that (so we've been told) but what does this mean for the January transfer window?

Is is £10m for the summer and January or do we get extra or no funds in January?

Rino not signin but helping out ally in italy. This story looks good.

http://www.globalgers.com/gers-aiming-to-bring-qualkity-from-italy-as-a-5-million-euro-bid-has-been-proposed-to-juventus/?

What we have to spend in january is upto how much our manager spends in July/August.

The days of RFC running on credit are hopefully behind us, so I do not envisage Ally McCoist jumping on to Wonga.com in January to get funds for a player or two.

£5m and £50k a wk for that striker, seems unlikely

Agree mate, but says thats what he gets now and not getting game and been injured. £4.5m is a lot but if we got him to bout 30k pw ad maybe look.

Would certainly be some attack. We score more than you technique. Get him bartley an keep boughie an mcgregor an davis, added to davis a think that is some starting point!

Who said this, the rhags?

It will all depend on how much we sell McGregor, Whittaker, Jelavic, Davis and Bougherra for. Those sales should give Ally an extra £10m to spend hopefully if we play our cards right.

Why are you assuming that we'll sell all of our best players?

Will be 10mil for this season, being this summer and jan, thats just my opinion tho. Dont see McCoist spendin the full amount tho this season as we are bein linked with free transfers so far, good choice in my opinion.