Lafferty big interview, DW row, Coisty relationship, his rep' & on Neil Lennon

Boab

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who support the players rather than abuse them, I suspect.

That may be the flaw in his personality which will prevent him from fulfilling his promise. If he's playing shite, he's going to hear about it and it's something he's got to deal with.

I've come around to the big man, but it took a fair bit of time. Didn't exactly get off to the best start with that daft play acting, but I know he regrets doing that and some of the other things he's done and has grown up a lot since coming here. After all, who amongst us hasn't done stupid things as a youth that you later regret? Has been instrumental in sealing the three in a row, and for the last game against Killie alone (and also the last few games of the season) deserves to have any grudges against him binned. He loves this club and has worked his socks off to atone for the mistakes he's made - I can't ask for anything more. Count on me to stand with you, Big Kyle.

Like McCulloch I've always said Lafferty would come up trumps, a barney in the dressing room at the right time is good for getting rid of bad blood and the boy picked the right time, he might think it was a blunder but it wasn't it helped the team to victory albeit he got the belt from Walter which is only right and proper. The 9IAR mob had plenty dressin room brawls. Lafferty has paid his transfer fee back in full with one goal in my eyes, the first one again Killie, game over and out, 3IAR. :sherlock:

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he's ready to pledge his career to Rangers.

The striker is keen on a deal for life at Ibrox.

Lafferty said: "I'd happily stay at Rangers for the rest of my career. If they offered me the chance to do that tomorrow then I would take it.

"I've got two years left on my contract and I couldn't be happier. Why would I want to leave?

"Look at the team we've got and the management set-up of Coisty, Kenny McDowall and Durranty. I couldn't get better anywhere. I'm an out-and-out striker and proved I can score goals for Rangers.

"Blackpool were interested at the start of last season and there was interest from other clubs but I want to stay. When I go I want to be remembered as a striker who hit important goals, including against Celtic.

"I've still to score against them and that's a big frustration for me. I'd trade a few of my other goals for just one against Celtic. It would be amazing to score against our biggest rivals."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3619950/Kyle-Deal-me-in-for-my-career.html#ixzz1ORkFoIzj

By DEREK McGREGOR

Published: Today

The case is compelling. The evidence impossible to ignore.

Kyle Lafferty desperately wants new Rangers boss Ally McCoist to stick with him and Nikica Jelavic as the main hitmen for next season's four-in-a-row push - and with very good reason.

Their partnership in last term's league run-in was sensational.

Lafferty struck seven goals in the final six games of the season, Jelavic five in the same blistering period as the Gers powered to title glory.

The big Northern Irishman loves playing alongside the £4million Croat who missed three months of the season through injury - but still plundered 19 goals in 27 games.

Jelavic has brought the best out of Lafferty who, for the third successive campaign, delivered when it really mattered, finishing on a career best 15 for the season.

The 23-year-old's well aware that McCoist is trawling the transfer market for a new frontman - with Maccabi Haifa frontman Tomer Hemed, available on a Bosman, high on the list.

He insists he welcomes the prospect of stronger competition.

Lafferty is also convinced he and Jelavic can carry on from where they left off. More often than not, when Walter Smith selected both they scored, including a hat-trick for Lafferty and a double for Jelavic the first time in a 7-2 romp over Dunfermline last September.

Laff told SunSport: "Nikica is the ideal partner for me. He's the dream striker to play alongside.

"He's got everything that Boydy and Kenny Miller have rolled into one player.

"He can be a second striker, he can be a target man. He's the striker that Rangers needed.

"With the starts he had and the goals he got, well, it's just unbelievable really.

"I think Nikica is brilliant and Rangers will have a fight on their hands to keep him, if not this summer then definitely in January. I love being his strike partner.

"I don't know what it is that particularly makes us a good partnership. Every time we see each other we're high-fiving and I think we have a good bond off the field, although we don't speak that much away from games.

"Nikica's English is good. He always talks to me before games, during and after. I take whatever he says on board.

"If I'm on the bench I watch what he does but after just his first game for Rangers I knew right away he was a quality striker.

"I knew I could learn a lot from him.

"In fact, I've probably learned more this year playing alongside him than I have in my whole career. I really hope we can stay together.

"I appreciate the fact that the manager will be looking at other strikers and a big club like Rangers will always be linked with signing quality performers.

"Nikica and I linked up really well in the final months of the season.

"Realistically, if our partnership is broken up then it will be because I've been dropped. Nikica will NEVER be dropped. I'll be the one who gets the chop.

Quantcast

"I think the manager should give us a go at the start of the season.

"I do still think we need another striker, whether that will be good for me or not, because I know I thrive on competition."

Lafferty's at a loss to provide a reason why he truly hits top form at the end of a season.

He said: "I train the same way from start to finish, I do all the same things.

"Yet for some reason I really come on to my game in the closing stages.

"It's in the last six weeks that I get most of my goals and my performances pick up.

"I just wish I could score as regularly in the months BEFORE.

"I don't want to be a player who is seen to be only turning up for the last couple of games to win the title.

"Walter said to me at Kilmarnock after my hat-trick on the final day: 'We wouldn't have needed this if you had started scoring in the middle of the season!' We had a little bit of a joke about it.

"Now I hope I can continue my form into Ally McCoist's first season as manager."

Lafferty's never slow to confess when he's been foolish.

The dive to get Charlie Mulgrew sent off two years ago, the red card against Hibs at the start of last season, the prank that led to a broken finger and cost him Champions League action against Manchester United and the Tweet which riled Celtic gaffer Neil Lennon after the Old Firm game in January are all right up there. His life with new partner and former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh and impending fatherhood is helping to mature Lafferty.

He also can't thank Gers No 2 Kenny McDowall and coach Ian Durrant enough.

The £3.25m former Burnley ace said: "I've met the right people on and off the field. They are looking after me.

"I have no worries whatsoever. I've never felt happier with my life and my football.

"I feel stress-free at the minute and I have been for a long time.

"I'm playing my football with a smile on my face.

"In football terms the people who have kept me going the most are Kenny McDowall and Durranty.

"They can see when I'm down. They'll pull me over for a chat.

"They will ask about myself and my game.

"Kenny and Durranty stopped me from leaving Rangers.

"I have always had a strong connection with Kenny. He's been like a second dad for me. He's been brilliant with me.

"Every time I've scored I've gestured to him and he's responded. What I've achieved at Rangers is mainly down to Kenny.

"I'm really delighted for him that he's become assistant manager. He deserves that.

"So, too, does Coisty in being given the manager's job.

"It's going to be a big ask in following Walter Smith.

"There's no better man, however, because of his personality, his football brain, his attitude and heart."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3619903/All-I-want-is-a-chance-from-Coisty-to-show-IM-the-best-partner-hes-got-for-Jela.html#ixzz1ORkO7uHq

"I've still to score against them and that's a big frustration for me. I'd trade a few of my other goals for just one against Celtic. It would be amazing to score against our biggest rivals."

Tarrier.

Kyle Lafferty has to produce from the word go. No use turning up a few games here and there, then for the final four games of the season.

He has to kick on from where he left (been said every summer) - if not, then he should be moved on.

Talk is cheap, let your football do the talking, start producing the goods, consistently!

Big season for Kyle Lafferty, one last chance IMO, and I hope he takes it.

Guest Andypendek

All sounds good, but the question then is: why did we pay so much for a player who is still learning how to play as a striker? I know some mature later than others, but at 23, if you're still needing coaching at halftime, that's a worry.

All sounds good, but the question then is: why did we pay so much for a player who is still learning how to play as a striker? I know some mature later than others, but at 23, if you're still needing coaching at halftime, that's a worry.

It's predominately a Scottish thing to class players as youngsters when they are under the age of 25. I've never understood the rationale behind it, and I never will.

he scored against celtc.

You can't say Lafferty scored against Celtic. Look check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FfZ9nSZR_I&feature=related

When the ball came off Lafferty is was NOT heading in to the net. The touch by Loovens sent it in to the net and therefore it's a clear own goal. Now if the ball had come of Lafferty and was heading in to the net regardless of the touch by Loovens I might say he deserved it even if it was still technically an own goal, but no. Lafferty himself even said it was an own goal.