Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

I'm sure there will be people looking to pin the blame on McCoist and Whyte for not signing Goodwillie.

What if he was found guilty? What would we play... 4-4-1 and the other in Cell Block H?

Only If you take it as negative. With regaurds to being priced out for rodriguez/Wallace, The true story is were not willing to pay what they want and rightly so, Its not asif we cant afford them, Carlos off to Spain-says who?

I agree that we should set a value and stick to it and not have the fee dictated by other teams. It would be silly to spend 20-50% more than the players are worth.

But the fact remains that there are games on the horizon that are must-wins. If we lose them, that 20-50% saved becomes a massive financial loss.

It's risky not to buy the tools you need to do your job just because the price is more than you'd like. In saying all this though, if Ally thinks he can do it with what he has then I'm fully behind him. I'm far from being pessimistic about our chances of 4IAR and Champs League football.

Personally, I'm happy with £1.1 mill. We are crying out for any player who will sign on the dotted line, even if it is a treacherous, money-grubbing bastard.

Don't blame Whyte for the previous regimes mistakes and just be happy a proven goalscorer might be on his way. It's a shed load better than starting Beattie or healy up front.

Frankly, I don't understand why :healy: has been given another contract. I hope it's low wages he's on.

It seems like a lot of money for miller, but in this current market it's a fair enough price for someone we know can perform.

Although, he is only going to get slower and less effective now.

Personally, I'm happy with £1.1 mill. We are crying out for any player who will sign on the dotted line, even if it is a treacherous, money-grubbing bastard.

Don't blame Whyte for the previous regimes mistakes and just be happy a proven goalscorer might be on his way. It's a shed load better than starting Beattie or healy up front.

Seriously? Any player? Happy with 1.1 million for Miller? <cr>

It might sound a little silly - I think it makes sense - but why not put in a clause where if Goodwillie is found guilty the deal is cancelled?

This might especially work if his current club are trying to be persuasive and telling buyers he is not likely to go to jail.

I don't know, just thought I'd throw it in - they have clauses for everything else! lol

If we buy Miller for 1m i will be raging. Dont even want him back but nearly 3x what we sold him for is just ridiculous.

Just because he was good last season doesnt mean he'll be as good again.

To put a finer point on it - I'd be happy to sign whoever Ally is after. But I'm a fortnight away from removing that caveat.

I must admit I'm finding it difficult to read any of your posts when that avatar is jiggling away to the left of them.

Hardly the current regimes fault is it?

No and Gunslinger was making this point last night aswell.

He should never been allowed to leave. If Mr Whyte had taken over before January its safe to say Miller would have his contract and it would run til he was finished playing.

At least they are more than willing to rectify mistakes made.

With regards to Healy, I honestly think he's vastly underrated. Sure, he's not going to nick 20 goals a season but in every game he's played in for Rangers he's made a difference to the way the game was going.