Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

I said Cardiff weren't going after players so we couldn't get them then you replied:

"I know it's not like the manager ("a proud member of the Celtic family" - as quoted from earlier tonight) wouldnt want us to have any of those players"

You then said this:

"I watched him say it with his arm round Neil Lennon less than 6 hours ago"

So in otherwords you can't quote me saying that :lol:

You said because Malky Mckay was a member of the "celt*c family" therefore he was trying to sign players so we couldn't get them which is a load of shite.

End of (tu)

Then he said he watched him say it.

Time to move on.

With this deal back on the cards(if you believe all the chatter)we're back to debating whether he's good enough and worth the trouble?

Then he said he watched him say it.

Time to move on.

With this deal back on the cards(if you believe all the chatter)we're back to debating whether he's good enough and worth the trouble?

(tu)

TBH I don't think the deal is back on, really hope it is because I think he's a great player. 2 million is a reasonable price if you ask me.

(tu)

TBH I don't think the deal is back on, really hope it is because I think he's a great player. 2 million is a reasonable price if you ask me.

Neither do I really. I think he has the potential to be a great player if he comes to Rangers. Where else could he go and work under a manager who was a great striker AND play alongside a player who you could argue is good enough for the top prem teams, assuming he has a comparibly good season to the last. Especially in Europe.

Neither do I really. I think he has the potential to be a great player if he comes to Rangers. Where else could he go and work under a manager who was a great striker AND play alongside a player who you could argue is good enough for the top prem teams, assuming he has a comparibly good season to the last. Especially in Europe.

Exactly, if he sorted out his personal life he could be a fantastic player. If he came to us for say 3 seasons and scored 20+ goals each year he woud get a big move to the EPL.

Goodwillie was one of the players I fully expected us to go out and get this summer. Ally said he was a big fan of his and I'm surprised something hasn't happened yet. But having said that, I'm starting to think Goodwillie will be stuck at United until the matter of these charges against him is resolved. Maybe we'll get him in the next window instead.

"Maybe we'll get him in the next window instead"

When and if the charges against Goodwillie are dropped I think UTD's valuation will double !!!

Plus you can bet the offers he will get will trump anything we can offer.

Realisticly, if Ally wants him, he needs to take a gamble now and hope the charges dissapear.

IMO the charges will be dropped. We should go in for him now.

Bit of a risk is it not. What happens if he gets jailed then? OK we wouldn't pay him wages but would you want a convicted rapist playing for your club when he gets back out? (assuming here he gets convicted).

The fans wouldn't allow it, nor we he have any sell on clause.

While I'd like us to sign him if his charges are dropped I think some are just too anxious to get some signings done and dusted.

If you went to buy a house but it had a huge crack on the wall, would you say I'll take it anyway without getting a survey done because you 'thought' it wouldnt fall down?

Bit of a risk is it not. What happens if he gets jailed then? OK we wouldn't pay him wages but would you want a convicted rapist playing for your club when he gets back out? (assuming here he gets convicted).

The fans wouldn't allow it, nor we he have any sell on clause.

While I'd like us to sign him if his charges are dropped I think some are just too anxious to get some signings done and dusted.

If you went to buy a house but it had a huge crack on the wall, would you say I'll take it anyway without getting a survey done because you 'thought' it wouldnt fall down?

I'd make my own assessment i'm a structural engineer :craphead:

In all seriousness though I believe these charges will be dropped. There's also a risk that if we don't go for him now, and his charges are dropped, his value will sky rocket. Not to mention other teams such as Cardiff ( :p20: ) will likely snap him up under our noses.

I'd make my own assessment i'm a structural engineer :craphead:

In all seriousness though I believe these charges will be dropped. There's also a risk that if we don't go for him now, and his charges are dropped, his value will sky rocket. Not to mention other teams such as Cardiff ( :p20: ) will likely snap him up under our noses.

I think as long as we are quick and don't piss about in haggling then we can agree a fee with DU and terms with him quickly.

At least I'd hope that would happen.