Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

If there are hundreds out there who are better, why they not getting snapped up? I'm absolutely positive all the major players have wide and high class scouting networks and contacts outwith the direct scouting networks that not many markets are completely untapped these days.

I said it earlier, and will repeat it now. If Goodwillie was leaving a Premiership or Championship club and not Dundee Utd, then he would command a significantly higher fee. £2m at the time when asked would have been an absolute bargain and I personally think as much as £3m would be good value long term.

goodwillie plays in the SPL for dundee united remember,i don't even class him as a major player

of course he would command a higher fee down south,the money is ridiculous down there.

i'm not saying we wouldn't make a profit on him,maybe we would maybe we wouldn't.

Rangers priced themselves out of a deal by not offering 2 million for him. They thought they could call uniteds bluff yet have ended up looking pathetic again.

What part of if we bid 2 million Blackburn would still have bid more than we were willing to pay is it hard for you to understand?

If blackburn wanted him that bad it wouldnt have mattered when we bid, they clearly want him bad enough to pay well above what UTD were asking for. Thats not taking into account any sell on clauses which are a matter of course when signing a player this young atm.

Am I reading this right?

Celtic phoned Blackburn to buy him so he wouldn't be a threat against Lennon's job? :lol: :lol:

Fuck me, some people are more deluded than the Tims themselves.

Am I reading this right?

Celtic phoned Blackburn to buy him so he wouldn't be a threat against Lennon's job? :lol: :lol:

Fuck me, some people are more deluded than the Tims themselves.

:lol:

Who said that? doh

No, sadly, you read it wrong, and not for the first time. As your old man for help.

What part of if we bid 2 million Blackburn would still have bid more than we were willing to pay is it hard for you to understand?

If blackburn wanted him that bad it wouldnt have mattered when we bid, they clearly want him bad enough to pay well above what UTD were asking for. Thats not taking into account any sell on clauses which are a matter of course when signing a player this young atm.

Eh? Dundee Utd said that they wanted £2m and would accept offers of £2m. Totally irrelevant how much other clubs offer if it is over 2m and we have already had our bid accepted (which it would have been days/weeks ago).

Blackburn only became involved recently as the only reported interest from he media, Utd and the player's representatives were Rangers, Cardiff and Blackpool.

Who said that? doh

No, sadly, you read it wrong, and not for the first time. As your old man for help.

Secret meetings probably not but only a fool would think the bheggers dont talk to each other. Seltic cant afford him so whats the next best thing, us their contacts in the premier league where money is no object!

Goodwillies goals could win us the league, it is a clear threat to Lennons job and Seltics future, i believe they would try anything to make sure he doesnt come here.

That pretty much leans towards everything I said.

And see for the patronising tone you take with everyone on the forum? Get rid of it.

That pretty much leans towards everything I said.

And see for the patronising tone you take with everyone on the forum? Get rid of it.

No it doesnt, not even close, you have totally read it wrong. doh For you, i will get rid of fuck all.

Fancy some help, ok, step by step...

Goodwillies goals could win us the league(as a Rangers player), it is a clear threat to Lennons job and Seltics future(Goodwillie scoring goals for us and helping us win the league), i believe they would try anything to make sure he doesnt come here(they are corrupt cowards who will try any dirty trick).

Not really hard to follow.

There is fuck all on the Blackburn website either.

Why would there be? Most, if not all, clubs wait until the deals complete before announcing it on their official site.

Offering £2.8M seems off when DU only wanted £2M but considering this is the same chairman who thought he could convince Ronaldinho to leave Milan for the mighty Rovers I'm not really surprised.

The only chance I think we have is if Goodwillie just doesn't fancy it down there or he has his heart set on Rangers (despite what his bawbag of a manager said).

Blackburn will offer him what, £30k a week tops? I can't see them paying much more than this tbh.

What would we offer now, £20k a week tops?

And if we slapped in a bid of £2M tomorrow would United accept it?

Why would there be? Most, if not all, clubs wait until the deals complete before announcing it on their official site.

Offering £2.8M seems off when DU only wanted £2M but considering this is the same chairman who thought he could convince Ronaldinho to leave Milan for the mighty Rovers I'm not really surprised.

Try telling that to Rangers fc website :lol:

The only chance I think we have is if Goodwillie just doesn't fancy it down there or he has his heart set on Rangers (despite what his bawbag of a manager said).

Blackburn will offer him what, £30k a week tops? I can't see them paying much more than this tbh.

Absolutely no chance of any team offering someone on around a grand a week, 20 or 30 times that mate.

No.

Off topic but did I imagine that Ronaldinho was once linked with (or close to) a move to St. Mirren? Was debating with my old man over it, who said I was talking shit. Anyone any idea?