Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Possibly, but not much more at all.

I had in my head about £4k for some reason.

I'd have imagined if Blackburn didn't appear we'd have offered him around £12k a week however if we still have any hope of landing him we'd need to seriously rethink that.

Off topic but did I imagine that Ronaldinho was once linked with (or close to) a move to St. Mirren? Was debating with my old man over it, who said I was talking shit. Anyone any idea?

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-premier/st-mirren/160971-ronaldinhos-failed-move-to-scotland/

You were right :lol:

Eh? Dundee Utd said that they wanted £2m and would accept offers of £2m. Totally irrelevant how much other clubs offer if it is over 2m and we have already had our bid accepted (which it would have been days/weeks ago).

Blackburn only became involved recently as the only reported interest from he media, Utd and the player's

representatives were Rangers, Cardiff and Blackpool.

(tu) cheers mate couldn't be arsed trying to explain the obvious to him.

Hey guys hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am friends with a close friend of DG's and he said he is headin to England so time to close the thread me thinks

friend of a friend ? 30 odd posts ? bin a member since 2010?

i wouldnt close this thread just yet .....

I had in my head about £4k for some reason.

I'd have imagined if Blackburn didn't appear we'd have offered him around £12k a week however if we still have any hope of landing him we'd need to seriously rethink that.

I dont think Dundee utd can afford paying players those amounts mate. I would be astounded if he was on anything close to 4 grand mate. Of course we will never find out what he is on, its his business and no one elses so its all guess work.

(tu)

friend of a friend ? 30 odd posts ? bin a member since 2010?

i wouldnt close this thread just yet .....

Matthew Flynn? former DUFC youth player sacked after a certain assault charge? I was at school with his older sister

I dont think Dundee utd can afford paying players those amounts mate. I would be astounded if he was on anything close to 4 grand mate. Of course we will never find out what he is on, its his business and no one elses so its all guess work.

(tu)

£4k does seem alot to be fair, although I know an average Motherwell player who earns £1k a week and I'd have thought Utd would be a little more stable than Well.

We'll say £2k a week then haha

If we weren't so tight with our money we could have got him for 2 million.... Now if we have a chance in hell of getting him we need to cough up 3 million...

Craig Whyte thanks for getting us out of debt but you need to start investing in players or sell.

Why Whyte? We should have signed this lad last year, the club chose to go for James Beattie.

:lol:

We had no money last year... Sure we got Beattie but I doubt he was worth anywhere near what Goodwillie was back then.

As soon as the rape charge was dropped we should of slaped in a £2 million bid and be done with it and hed be lining up against st johnstone tomoro instead of trying to haggle over £400,000 , or whatever it was . And before people start saying we were right to bid lower and not pay over the odds , DU said from the start they wouldnt accept less than £2 mil

Eh? Dundee Utd said that they wanted £2m and would accept offers of £2m. Totally irrelevant how much other clubs offer if it is over 2m and we have already had our bid accepted (which it would have been days/weeks ago).

Blackburn only became involved recently as the only reported interest from he media, Utd and the player's representatives were Rangers, Cardiff and Blackpool.

No actually mate what is more reasonable to believe is that they were doing the same as us and everyone else; waiting to see if he was going to court or not.

"Weeks"? No-one was touching him with a ten foot barge pole until this time last week mate. Soon as he was cleared then the actual bidding began.

Like I said, If Blackburn want him that bad us bidding 2 million would have only meant the chance to talk to the boy - it doesnt mean he wouldnt have chosen to go to Blackburn anyway.

I meant to ask, do you know if this bid is confirmed as being recieved by UTD nevermind accepted?