Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

if we'd matched last night, then everything woulda have been great. we'd have him in the palm of our hands after the fiasco of him being sent back to Utd last night. The fact is we waited for him to travel down and start a medical to do this is ludicrous.

Of course i don't know the facts but surely he wouldnt be back in BB if we'd offered equal terms earlier.

I hope this doesnt go on for the whole Whytes reign!

We'll end up getting the bid accepted and then we'll offer him nowhere near what Blackburn have offered and he'll go there anyway.

i believe the extra money we are paying for the transfer will be coming out of goodwillies wage budget

i dont think gw will be interested in a couple of quid every two or three years :broadfoot:

seriously, that's what i expect is going to happen, he'll be on reduced wages with an increase if he performs well

attractive huh? especially when up against blackburn's offer!

← @Itkagent1962's profile close ×

@Itkagent1962

... Good to read that the penny has finally dropped with #RFC and their transfer policys. Bid accepted for DG.

55 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers have equalled Blackburn Rovers’ offer for striker David Goodwillie, as they try to convince the striker to remain in the Scottish Premier League.

Goodwillie is currently in Lancashire undergoing a medical with the English Premier League side, after Dundee United accepted a reported £2.8 million offer for the 22-year-old.

Rangers have so far failed in five bids to land Goodwillie this summer and, at the 11th hour, have made another attempt to have an offer accepted by the Tannadice club.

When asked if Rangers’ bid matched Blackburn’s, McCoist replied: “As far as I'm aware, yes. Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.

"We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.

“We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers. We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable.”

It remains to be seen whether Rangers' new bid also matches Blackburn's planned payment structure for Goodwillie. The Scottish side's previous bids have fallen down because of a proposal to stagger payments of the fee over a number of years, while Blackburn are offering the majority up front.

could this saga be even more tense than helicopter sunday 2005 :craphead:

← @Itkagent1962's profile close ×

@Itkagent1962

... Good to read that the penny has finally dropped with #RFC and their transfer policys. Bid accepted for DG.

55 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Favorite Retweet Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

intresting

That still doesn't matter. I had a bit of inside information as the Craig Whyte takeover saga was coming to a close, and I'm not on Twitter at all. If I'd signed up the same day I got the information and posted it, you'd discount it based on my sign up date, but the information was good.

I agree that we shouldn't be listening to any random titwank on Twitter, but the date they signed up is completely irrelevant.

I judge info based on the source and other factors. I don't automatically discount it. One of the factors re: twitter is the sign up date. Some are very convenient. People like to wind people up - human nature. If it comes from a journo at least their reputation (if they have one) is on the line for posting dodgy info. The general public can post what they want and not care if they are wrong. The info is important because some people on these threads don't seem to know how twitter works and they can in turn mislead others. Twitter is only as useful as the source of information but some people on these boards treat the very fact that someone has posted a message - which anyone can do for free - as some sort of gospel.

That still doesn't matter. I had a bit of inside information as the Craig Whyte takeover saga was coming to a close, and I'm not on Twitter at all. If I'd signed up the same day I got the information and posted it, you'd discount it based on my sign up date, but the information was good.

I agree that we shouldn't be listening to any random titwank on Twitter, but the date they signed up is completely irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant. They have no history on which to judge their trust-worthiness. It would have been wrong to take your information seriously because how would we know if it was true? Just because someone turns out to be reliable after the fact doesn't mean you were wrong to not trust them initially.

If DGW does decide to have a wee talk with Ally before deciding on his future .... it'll have to be when the Gers return from Sweden, so forty-eight hours before we even get close to his decision <cr>

I think it would only take a phone call to Ally in Sweden to reasure him he would be In The first team and not warming the bench, then the rest could be conducted by Smith back at MP

I think it would only take a phone call to Ally in Sweden to reasure him he would be In The first team and not warming the bench, then the rest could be conducted by Smith back at MP

Smith, Russell, Whyte, the whole shabang flew out to Malmo today

Of course it's relevant. They have no history on which to judge their trust-worthiness. It would have been wrong to take your information seriously because how would we know if it was true? Just because someone turns out to be reliable after the fact doesn't mean you were wrong to not trust them initially.

(tu)