Football is fake.

Anyone else find the game not to be what it used to be, even 10 years ago? It just seems more fake these days, very little coaching goes on, its all about the summer transfer window and january transfer window. Most teams in the Premier league play the same way, the game in general has went negative imo and its ruining the game.

What's brought this on? Is it just because Arsenal haven't won anything for so long? :craphead:

lol, nope. Been 6 years on that regard. So no. Its just not the same game. Crowds aren't as good, football is lame from many of the games iv seen this season, so many boring managers. Even the pundits are awful.

I agree with you on some levels. E.g the premiership, champions league. But you get some cracking games in the football league. It was a shame Blackpool were relegated, for me they were a new lease of life for the premiership. Some of Holloways patter was class too.

I think this season hasn't been the greatest.

The CL was awful - the defending champions knocked out to a mid table German team summed up a general lack of quality form Europe's big clubs.

The CL brings together the very best club teams around but the competition just wasn't there this season. The English top four have grown notably weaker in the last season or two, whilst Seria A continues to decline........normally there are 5-6 top class teams who could win the tournament but in truth, Barcelona are the only great team around at the moment.

La Liga was a one horse race, EPL title race was the weakest I have witnessed...

Of course football, like the economy, runs in cycles and I'm sure we will see more changes in the near future. I can honestly see Man City winning the CL in the next 2-3 years.

Understand where you're coming from.

I definitely look back on the old Premiership days and think they're better.

It was a shame Blackpool were relegated, for me they were a new lease of life for the premiership. Some of Holloways patter was class too.

Holloways patter was much better than his teams performances. Did nobody notice how bad Blackpools results were? Barely a bawhair over a point a game.

Well worthy of their relegation in my book.

Understand where you're coming from.

I definitely look back on the old Premiership days and think they're better.

Most people feel this way about the present and not just with regards to football. You will feel the same about football today in 10 years time as you do today about football ten years ago.

Of course football, like the economy, runs in cycles and I'm sure we will see more changes in the near future. I can honestly see Man City winning the CL in the next 2-3 years.

When the biggest club in the world decided to throw the full weight of its financial clout at trying to dominate European football by buying superstars, it was unsuccessful. What makes you think the second biggest team in Manchester is going to succeed where Real Madrid failed?

When the biggest club in the world decided to throw the full weight of its financial clout at trying to dominate European football by buying superstars, it was unsuccessful. What makes you think the second biggest team in Manchester is going to succeed where Real Madrid failed?

It's just a random opinion mate.

What makes you think the second biggest team in Manchester is going to succeed where Real Madrid failed?

Ok Real an example of a club who has spent obscene amounts yet failed to succeed in Europe in recent years.

However, if you think about it, does the fact that they are the biggest world, with the highest expectations in the world, both in terms of success and style of football, really play to their advantage in this situation?

Reals biggest downfall has been their ridiculous impatience....with players, managers, playing styles......

Their method has been to sack the manager and completely change the squad at any cost if they haven't won the CL and La Liga at the end of the season.

Man City are the polar opposite in terms of expectations (first trophy in 40 years, first time in CL) and the fans don't care about the style of football, they're just happy to playing in Europe and competing for trophies.

I wouldn't surprised to see them do well in the CL in future, their style of play is suited to knockout competitions.