Everton offer David Weir a coaching role

Broxi1872

Everton are understood to have made their pitch to land David Weir in a coaching role for next season.

The 41-year-old is out of contract at Rangers but has said he would like to play on next term, although that could depend on the level of offer he is made.

Weir left Goodison in January 2007 to join Rangers and, with his wife and family still in the north-west of England, there is huge temptation surrounding any coaching post back with his old club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1395022/Everton-offer-Rangers-veteran-David-Weir-route-Goodison-Park-coaching-role.html?ITO=1490

It's a tough choice because we really cannot afford to go into pre season with no centre halves (assuming Bougherra goes soon)

Unless we get at least 1 new defender signed up in the next 2 or 3 weeks, i want Weir to stay

Great reading these comments 00000042.gif

Whatever he choses he has all our support, man has been simply immense for us and is a total professional.

Proud to have had him wear the famous Rangers shirt, all the best Davie (if you go).

Take note Madjid Bougherra.

He's likely going to have a few options and one of those may be playing with us next season again. If he chooses that or another one I'm pretty sure most Bears will be happy for him. Personally I don't mind him staying for another year to help with the transition.