Walter Smith: The Football years

Broxi1872

Walter Smith joked that the mid-1980s when he was assistant manager at Ibrox “was never going to be quiet” with Graeme Souness in charge of Rangers.

In their first season at the helm big money spent and Rangers won the Scottish Premier League Championship.

Smith describes that time as the most enjoyable he had with the club.

“It was fantastic. We were new to it and involved in it right from the start,” he said.

“It was never going to be quiet with Graeme as the manager - it was fantastic.

“It was always going to be a difficult first year for him – taking over as manager and having to play as well.”

However, despite looking back fondly to the people around him at that time Smith admits it was never plain sailing.

“Phil Boersma joined us as coach and we started to work together and it was great. It was the most enjoyable period.

“But there were a lot of ups and downs – nothing goes quite as smoothly as you hope.”

Walter Smith: The Football Years an exclusive documentary on the career of the outgoing Rangers manager, will be shown on STV on Tuesday June 7 and 14 at 8pm.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added stv to my sky box for this, never felt the need to before....I imagine there will be a few on this board that will not enjoy this programme at all....

How do you do this? And can it be done outside of Scotland?

i am outside scotland

you can set up the newly released STV HD channel using the other channel function in Sky +

Sorry cant remember what each field is called but work your way through options to add channel then the fields you want to key in are

10.935 Ghz

V

5/6

then press yellow.

Highlight channel 3855 and press yellow