Cheers. What would you recommend eating? Protein shakes worth it or just be as well eating properly?

Nutrition isn't difficult. Natural whole food sources where possible.

Anything that can or could run, fly or swim away from you. Anything you can pick from the ground or off a shrub or a tree.

Avoid sugars and processed food. Basically the less human process involved in the production before it reached you the better.

Protein powder is fine but don't rely on it. Real food is better.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

Lost just over 1 and a half stone in the last 4 weeks. Taking me to 6 stone lost since I started.

Another three stone and you'll have beat me!

It does get quite 'easy' once you start getting compliments though. I kept telling people that, how are you finding it?

Another three stone and you'll have beat me!

It does get quite 'easy' once you start getting compliments though. I kept telling people that, how are you finding it?

I try to avoid them :lol:

Worst bits buying new clothes all the time. Aye its not to bad now, still have a decent breakfast, small portion of fresh fruit for lunch and a decent tea. Starting to feel full all the time now, even with the small portion at lunchtime. Going to keep it going, as i want to get back into a football team and im still a few stone off that!

Started doing 50 sit ups, 50 cunches, 50 of those half sit up twist things ( don't know what you call them lol )and 50 press ups every morning as soon as I get up, abs are feeling the a bit sore. Also started just randomly doing 10-20 press ups when I'm bored around the house. Going to start jogging on Monday, tried to start earlier in the week and picked up a strain so need to learn what stretches to do before running/jogging. Diet has been impeccable the last few weeks, feel great.

Also getting my weight bench out of storage and into the new flat this week so will be starting weight training next week.

Good progress guys, well done :clap:

In the past week, I've ran my fastest km (3:49), fastest mile (6:41) and fastest 5km (22.13). Those were all in one run, 9.1km on Thursday. This morning, I ran a 22:51 5k on wet grass at Parkrun, which was 40 secs faster than my previous best.

Had a good week, building up to a hopeful PB at the 10k in September.

Was back at the doctor this morning about my shoulder, which hasn’t gotten any better. Tosser decides that he was too harsh about his diagnosis of a possible tear to the tendon and reckons it may just be tendonitis – despite not improving this cunt decides that he was too harsh???

I told him that I’m gobbling down ibuprofen and paracetamol to no effect whatsoever and ask him if there’s anything further he can do – “no, you’ll just need to give it time and rest”. This fucking idiot doesn’t seem to get the fact that I’m in constant pain with it and not being able to work out is destroying me. To go back in a few weeks if it doesn’t improve – for what , a fucking place on the physio list? I’m honestly considering complaining about this fuckwits apparent lack of doctoring.

Despite this I’ve been going swimming and threw myself back into hill walking to try and keep my hand in the game but the swimming is causing me pain afterwards. I did try and work out with light weights but it’s just too painful to move my arm in anyway with weights, it’s fucking tragic, I feel like shit with not being able to get in the gym. I was doing great before this happened as well, all lifts were up and progress was quick.

Hoping that this starts to subside sooner rather than later, as soon as I’m well enough I’m going to tear myself apart in there. Despite the lack of exercise I’ve actually dropped weight, I was expecting to gain.

Good to see you guys are keeping it up (tu)

Good progress guys, well done :clap:

In the past week, I've ran my fastest km (3:49), fastest mile (6:41) and fastest 5km (22.13). Those were all in one run, 9.1km on Thursday. This morning, I ran a 22:51 5k on wet grass at Parkrun, which was 40 secs faster than my previous best.

Had a good week, building up to a hopeful PB at the 10k in September.

This is what im going to need to improve on. Fitness :anguish:

Trying to get back into football but smoking aint helping at all. Runs in order.

Was back at the doctor this morning about my shoulder, which hasn’t gotten any better. Tosser decides that he was too harsh about his diagnosis of a possible tear to the tendon and reckons it may just be tendonitis – despite not improving this cunt decides that he was too harsh???

I told him that I’m gobbling down ibuprofen and paracetamol to no effect whatsoever and ask him if there’s anything further he can do – “no, you’ll just need to give it time and rest”. This fucking idiot doesn’t seem to get the fact that I’m in constant pain with it and not being able to work out is destroying me. To go back in a few weeks if it doesn’t improve – for what , a fucking place on the physio list? I’m honestly considering complaining about this fuckwits apparent lack of doctoring.

Despite this I’ve been going swimming and threw myself back into hill walking to try and keep my hand in the game but the swimming is causing me pain afterwards. I did try and work out with light weights but it’s just too painful to move my arm in anyway with weights, it’s fucking tragic, I feel like shit with not being able to get in the gym. I was doing great before this happened as well, all lifts were up and progress was quick.

Hoping that this starts to subside sooner rather than later, as soon as I’m well enough I’m going to tear myself apart in there. Despite the lack of exercise I’ve actually dropped weight, I was expecting to gain.

Good to see you guys are keeping it up (tu)

I would head to a/e mate if it gets worse, theyll do some x-rays which will show whats wrong

been hitting the gym hard last 2 weeks and seriously sorted out my diet.. lost 8lbs! and definitely noticing a difference already both fitness wise, physically and even feel better about myself!

Don't get to carried away the first 7lbs is mostly 'water' and easy to put back on. Been there so not pissing on your parade -- keep it up and remember a little at a time. You don't gain weight quickly and cant lose it quickly.

Two things:-

Have you tried the Bill Starr rehab protocol?

Just a general observation but in my view most GPs (and indeed a lot of physios) are incapable of diagnosing or properly rehabbing injuries for someone training to a high level.

Don't get to carried away the first 7lbs is mostly 'water' and easy to put back on. Been there so not pissing on your parade -- keep it up and remember a little at a time. You don't gain weight quickly and cant lose it quickly.

aye fella i know all about that, tbh im not that concerned about my 'weight' as such, just the belly and manboobs i developed.

as long as i lose them and feel better/fitter then i dont care if i dont lose any more weight, inface i'd rather not drop below 12.5 stone (im 5'10 and 13st1 just now - down from 13st8)

Received my pack for the Glasgow Half Marathon today. Done no where near enough training currently as I've been seeing a physio regarding a knee issue but should be alright to work my way through the course although I doubt I'll be winning the race :pipe: . Did it a few years ago too and back then I hadn't run longer than 4 miles during my preparation so I hoping I'm used to not being as prepared as I should be!

Done a wee run this morning, the first in 3 months, I really lost the momentum for a while. I have two weeks til holiday, healthy diet, running everyday, just to trim a little bit.

When I get back, that's when it really starts.

:21:

I was very fit and athletic at school, then joining University it slipped and I spent years at 14/15 stone, now down to 12.5 stone, want to hit 12 and stay there.

Been training really hard for the past few weeks and living off of green tea.

I think i've maybe over done it because I'm feeling a bit burnt out now. Had a rest day yesterday to recharge but I'm still fucked. I couldn't get out my bed this morning & I can hardly keep my eyes open now.