Squats - 90KG - 55555 - :D More than my bodyweight.

Bench Press - 55KG - 55322 - Was suppoosed to be on 52.5 as I did 50KG last time, they only have one 1.25KG plate at the moment though.

Barbell Rows - 45KG - 55555

My mate bought a belt to use tonight for the first time, anyone use one? I felt a bit of a difference on the Squats and Barbell rows with it on, more stable.

Happy that I smashed the squats at 90KG tonight :)

:praise:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

I want to start the 5x5 workout, as I'm currently splitting my weeks in half, the first two days doing 6x4 and the fInal to doing 3x12. Can someone doing it post up a simple routine for me, I'm wanting to train 4 days a week ideally, but if that's not feasible 3 will suffice and I'll do abs on the 4th day. I feel like I'm no longer progressing at the rate I should, so am keen to switch to the 5x5 which ive heard cracking reviews about

It would take me ages to type it on my phone, google stronglifts 5x5 and you will find the guy Medhis page, it's all on there mate.

I want to start the 5x5 workout, as I'm currently splitting my weeks in half, the first two days doing 6x4 and the fInal to doing 3x12. Can someone doing it post up a simple routine for me, I'm wanting to train 4 days a week ideally, but if that's not feasible 3 will suffice and I'll do abs on the 4th day. I feel like I'm no longer progressing at the rate I should, so am keen to switch to the 5x5 which ive heard cracking reviews about

I can't say it enough - buy the book. Starting Strength, 3rd Edition by Mark Rippetoe.

I would suggest you do 3x5, you'll stall much quicker doing 5x5.

Here's a decent website with main points:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

Just going through the motions at the moment. Away on holiday in a couple of days time going to keep things ticking over while I'm away because the hotel has a gym & i'll refocus when I get home again.

I'm torn over what training I want to do at the moment. I really need to drop a couple of stone of weight/fat for my health but I really want to build myself up a bit so I'm more muscular looking & stronger too.

Obviously it's near impossible to do both at the same time so I need to make a choice between which is best for me.

I've been in the same boat mate. (tu)

Apparently it's extremely common for someone to lose quite a bit of strength while trying to get rid of the fat, unless you eat a hell of a lot of protein...

Which is a shame because I'm fucking sick of looking at chicken. :lol:

It's been hard watching people I used to be much stronger than steadily creeping up through the weights while I stay the same, but I have managed to maintain my strength while losing around 16 pounds since last month though, so I can assume I've lost quite a bit of fat.

Just got to keep fighting! :5536:

Been away from the gym for a bit now having just started a new job and other things, getting back into a routine now though!

I guess if i'm doing a normal 'full body workout' with mostly dumbells and machines, with some cardio after i'll lose some fat as well as building some muscle and toning up?

Something i've never really got a hold of is my diet, so i'm going to try and sort that out a lot. I guess most of it should be obvious but i'm going to read up a bit as well.

Reading a bit about this 5x5 program, or 3x5! Might look at doing this sometime, after i get in slightly better shape.

First session back in 6weeks because I have been in crutches due to knee surgey. Safe to say that it felt amazing to be back doing a chest workout,just a bit gutted that a cant do any cardio at the moment.

Put about half a stone on since the surgery so sitting at 13st. Desperate to get about 1 - 1.5 stone shifted for next summer and get as trim as possible as I am planning on making next pre season if my rehab goes well, which I know seems aot of time to loose 1.5stome but I find it hard to get to 12st never mind get below it.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can burn fat without doing any cardio.

cheers guys.

Ran my fastest ever 5k yesterday morning - 21:45 on grass. My 'home' 10k is next Sunday, I'm hoping to do sub-45 minutes. Build-up so far is going to plan, just a week to keep the legs ticking over and make sure I don't get injured. A steady 10k tomorrow and a couple of 5ks through the week should do it.

was back at docs about my shoulder last week, same old shite, referral for physio, no pain relief. My old dear gets co-codamol tablets for hip pain so she's gave me some of those to use, decided i'm just going to pop a few of those and hit the weighs again to see how i go. The pains subsided a bit so hopefully starting light and working myself back into a routine will see me alright.

my diets remained pretty constant throughout this whole thing so feeling good about getting back in there and building myself up again. As ol' Duke used to say in Rocky Balboa - "it's time to build some Hurting Bombs".

Lets work (tu)