• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

my diets remained pretty constant throughout this whole thing so feeling good about getting back in there and building myself up again. As ol' Duke used to say in Rocky Balboa - "it's time to build some Hurting Bombs".

Lets work (tu)

I love a good Rocky Montage.

Ran my fastest ever 5k yesterday morning - 21:45 on grass. My 'home' 10k is next Sunday, I'm hoping to do sub-45 minutes. Build-up so far is going to plan, just a week to keep the legs ticking over and make sure I don't get injured. A steady 10k tomorrow and a couple of 5ks through the week should do it.

You planning on taking on Mo Farrah at the next olympics Pedro :D

Probably round about that.

Didn't go today as im going to the game on Wed so going Tue, Thur, Sat this week. Can't wait to get back in there :pipe:

Aye, I am well up for starting it tomorrow. P90X was becoming to difficult to workout 6 days a week and I like having the freedom to change fit up a bit if required. I like that this is a solid three day a week program and I might choose to go for a swim or a run on the other days.

Have you been doing any other type of exercise alongside? Do you reckon squats can be done and do a bit of running alongside? Has there been any soreness or is it all cool as it's only 5x5s? Questions, questions, questions, I'm excited10310.gif

Aye, I am well up for starting it tomorrow. P90X was becoming to difficult to workout 6 days a week and I like having the freedom to change fit up a bit if required. I like that this is a solid three day a week program and I might choose to go for a swim or a run on the other days.

Have you been doing any other type of exercise alongside? Do you reckon squats can be done and do a bit of running alongside? Has there been any soreness or is it all cool as it's only 5x5s? Questions, questions, questions, I'm excited10310.gif

Are you going with someone else? You really need someone to squat you and watch your form.

When you start hitting your peak you won't be able to do shit on your days off! Its fucking hard :lol:

Are you going with someone else? You really need someone to squat you and watch your form.

When you start hitting your peak you won't be able to do shit on your days off! Its fucking hard :lol:

Well I was going to start with an empty Olympic bar and the proper squat racks they have at Strathy Uni gym, they have mirrors in there for checking form. So was thinking I would either talk someone into coming along after a few weeks or meet someone at the gym that will spot me if I can't set the rack up to protect me if I was to fail a lift. lw.gif

So do you a warm down and stretch after working out, that must help a bit with the pain. Was thinking a bit of yoga may have to be attempted to help reduce the pain. laugh.gif

2 hours cardio tonight, an hour core work then sit ups and lower back followed by 40 lengths.

an hours cardio in the morning followed by some light chest/arms.

down to 12st8 which im pretty chuffed with, another few lbs and then i'll start phasing out the cardio every day and start on the weight training.

Well I was going to start with an empty Olympic bar and the proper squat racks they have at Strathy Uni gym, they have mirrors in there for checking form. So was thinking I would either talk someone into coming along after a few weeks or meet someone at the gym that will spot me if I can't set the rack up to protect me if I was to fail a lift. lw.gif

So do you a warm down and stretch after working out, that must help a bit with the pain. Was thinking a bit of yoga may have to be attempted to help reduce the pain. laugh.gif

Its hard to watch yourself and concentrate on the excersise at the same time, its much easier to have someone spot you. It gives a competetive edge as well, I don't want my mate beating me :D

I usually warm up with the bar, if im feeling stiff I do about 3 minutes on the treadmill to loosen my legs up. I don't really warm down after.

dan_ger likes this

2 hours cardio tonight, an hour core work then sit ups and lower back followed by 40 lengths.

an hours cardio in the morning followed by some light chest/arms.

down to 12st8 which im pretty chuffed with, another few lbs and then i'll start phasing out the cardio every day and start on the weight training.

:praise:

Its hard to watch yourself and concentrate on the excersise at the same time, its much easier to have someone spot you. It gives a competetive edge as well, I don't want my mate beating me :D

I usually warm up with the bar, if im feeling stiff I do about 3 minutes on the treadmill to loosen my legs up. I don't really warm down after.

Cheers for the info mate. I'm doing it! biggrin.gif

sure ive already asked but what gym you going to ya big sexy manplank?

would love to start doing a similar routine to what you've posted but i would have NFI where to start!

Edenfit at Charing Cross mate, the one Tommy works in. Check out the Stronglifts website it will show you the program and there are plenty of YouTube videos showing the moves.

Set tonight was:

Squats - 100KG - 55555 :D Boom!

Bench Press - 55KG - 55432

Barbell Row - 45KG - 55555

Been watching a Rippetoe DVD that my mate gave me which shows the form on the excercises, its made me aware of a couple of small things that I need to tweak when doing the program. My form is looking pretty spot on apart from that from what I can tell though which is encouraging.

Diet has been alot better too, just need to keep the discipline and add more eating in between meals to keep up the calories.

Hope its all going well for the rest of you :beer1:

Dado, was wondering if you could give me a basic write up of what your doing in the gym. As I was trying the 5x5 routine, but the only programmes I can find online are the ones where the 1st set you start really low and build up. Not wanting to get ahead of myself, but if i'm only doing 3-4 excersizes in the gym a day, it seems pointless to do 5 squats at 35kg when I can 1 rep max 90kg+.

Are you basically just keeping the weight the same each set of reps, and adding 2.5kg each week. Do you have a light day midweek where you lift less, or if your benching say 70kg on a monday, your also doing that wednesday and friday. Any help would be much appreciated bud

Dado, was wondering if you could give me a basic write up of what your doing in the gym. As I was trying the 5x5 routine, but the only programmes I can find online are the ones where the 1st set you start really low and build up. Not wanting to get ahead of myself, but if i'm only doing 3-4 excersizes in the gym a day, it seems pointless to do 5 squats at 35kg when I can 1 rep max 90kg+.

Are you basically just keeping the weight the same each set of reps, and adding 2.5kg each week. Do you have a light day midweek where you lift less, or if your benching say 70kg on a monday, your also doing that wednesday and friday. Any help would be much appreciated bud

We started with not much weight than the bar, but this was so that the technique was right on every move. Im only really starting to hit my peak on them all after a couple of months. You can start it at whatever weight you want if you are confident in your form.

Every time you go you try and do 5 x 5. If you don't do 5 x 5 you stay on that weight next time until you do. If you do them all you add 2.5KG to the weight next time (or 5KG on the squats and deadlift). I don't have any days with less weight, you should be lifting more than you did last time every single session.

I really like it because you can see the weights and reps progressing EVERY time you hit the Gym, you feel awesome for it.

I have been fucked with the cold this week so have not been back since Tuesday, will be there Monday and Wednesday next week with Sevens on Tuesday night, legs are going to be fucked :beer1:

plymouthranger likes this

We started with not much weight than the bar, but this was so that the technique was right on every move. Im only really starting to hit my peak on them all after a couple of months. You can start it at whatever weight you want if you are confident in your form.

Every time you go you try and do 5 x 5. If you don't do 5 x 5 you stay on that weight next time until you do. If you do them all you add 2.5KG to the weight next time (or 5KG on the squats and deadlift). I don't have any days with less weight, you should be lifting more than you did last time every single session.

I really like it because you can see the weights and reps progressing EVERY time you hit the Gym, you feel awesome for it.

I have been fucked with the cold this week so have not been back since Tuesday, will be there Monday and Wednesday next week with Sevens on Tuesday night, legs are going to be fucked :beer1:

Cheers for taking the time to clear that up mate. I've already worked up from small weights to improve form, so I didn't want to do it all over again just because I'm trying a new routine. Will have a bash and put results up here every so often to show progress etc.