The only two rules I'm sticking to just now are

1) no snacking on junk between meals

2) don't take two consecutive days of the gym

Small goals, but if I can achieve them to the point that they are habit then I will add more.

every journey begins with one step (tu)

you still having the one day off to eat/drink what you want? not for everyone but if you get in that frame of mind, i find that first pint always tastes better :uk:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

(tu)

Not looking at the scales is what you need for a few weeks mate, at the end of a month you'll look and feel much better. I know you look after a few days, haven't lost anything so think "what's the point?" After a month, even if you've built up muscle to the extent your weight loss isn't massive, you'll have toned up a lot and be right into the habit of going, it won't seem like you're depriving yourself and you'll be enjoying it. Onwards and upwards (tu)

I'm still concentrating on cardio, I did a 7 mile run on Monday (furthest I've run so far) then had a rest day Tuesday. Yesterday I ran 4 miles in the morning, then cycled about 6.5 miles at night. Cycled another 5 miles this morning, then I'll do a 4 mile run tomorrow. I'm aiming for an 8.5 mile run on Monday, every long run between now and half-marathon is going to break my furthest run record, so real commitment has to start now.

thats brilliant mate, your well on your way for the marathon, you'll probably be training over the distance by the time it comes (tu)

i'd manage 2 miles and crumble like an old bastard the state my knees are in. :lol:

Hoping to get a good weekend of work put in this weekend. Had a good week so far, no sessions missed & no cheats either.

I'm away to Aberdeen on Tuesday for my six month post op check up. Hoping it will go ok but still having a bit of bother with stiffness and extension and I'm still lacking confidence in the knee itself.

10k is about 6 mile should take around 2 hours to walk that.

Ive been running like a banshee the last few weeks, indoor and outdoor. Was on the treadmill at the gym got it up to speed 8 at grade 6 and i was like that russian guy in rocky 4. Ended up nearly collapsing trainer guy helped me to the changing rooms where i lay on the floor for about an hour. Felt like i was about to die, but oddly enough i got some buzz off it

Been on a strict diet since January, 7 months now and 5 stone lighter, nearly lost the belly completely so will be heading to the gym in a month or so to tone it all up, costing me a fortune in new clothes............last years Rangers top was 3xl, now I can easy get in a large. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done.

Scott-RFC likes this

Been on a strict diet since January, 7 months now and 5 stone lighter, nearly lost the belly completely so will be heading to the gym in a month or so to tone it all up, costing me a fortune in new clothes............last years Rangers top was 3xl, now I can easy get in a large. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done.

Good for you mate, that's impressive weight loss :clap:

Some effort bud.

I have nothing but respect for peo-ple who find the motivation to lose that ammount of weight.

Had a decent weekend. Was out for a 2 hour walk yesterday afternoon, it made a good change from the gym, but my knee was pretty sore today so I won't be making a habit of it just yet :lol: Had my day off today and treated myself to some lasagna for tea and had some chocolate buttons after too. If I'm being honest with you I didn't enjoy it. The Lasagna was too rich and the chocolate just didn't taste as good as I remember, certainly no better than the apples and bananas I've replaced them with over the past week.. That's pretty positive sign IMO.

Had a decent weekend. Was out for a 2 hour walk yesterday afternoon, it made a good change from the gym, but my knee was pretty sore today so I won't be making a habit of it just yet :lol: Had my day off today and treated myself to some lasagna for tea and had some chocolate buttons after too. If I'm being honest with you I didn't enjoy it. The Lasagna was too rich and the chocolate just didn't taste as good as I remember, certainly no better than the apples and bananas I've replaced them with over the past week.. That's pretty positive sign IMO.

That's good mate, just need to remember that next time you're tempted. I went for a 7 mile cycle today, tomorrow I'll be running about 8 miles. Further than I've run before, but less than three weeks to half-marathon so really need to get my arse in gear!

That's good mate, just need to remember that next time you're tempted. I went for a 7 mile cycle today, tomorrow I'll be running about 8 miles. Further than I've run before, but less than three weeks to half-marathon so really need to get my arse in gear!

My big test will be Tuesday when I get to Aberdeen. It's so easy to go mental in places liek Greggs, McDonalds, Pizza Hut and the like. I'm confident I can avoid it though because I'm in a better state of mind than I have been over the past few months and that makes it a lot easier. I've found going on walks really helps clear my mind out.

I'm sure you'll do fine. Do you have a time your aiming to complete it in? It's only four weeks until the Spiggie 10k and I was hoping I would far enough on, rehab wise to do it. Sadly, I'm not going to be because my graft is really tight which is causing bother achieving extension and causing swelling too. Maybe next year, which gives me something to aim for :D

My big test will be Tuesday when I get to Aberdeen. It's so easy to go mental in places liek Greggs, McDonalds, Pizza Hut and the like. I'm confident I can avoid it though because I'm in a better state of mind than I have been over the past few months and that makes it a lot easier. I've found going on walks really helps clear my mind out.

I'm sure you'll do fine. Do you have a time your aiming to complete it in? It's only four weeks until the Spiggie 10k and I was hoping I would far enough on, rehab wise to do it. Sadly, I'm not going to be because my graft is really tight which is causing bother achieving extension and causing swelling too. Maybe next year, which gives me something to aim for :D

Don't forget Jimmy Chungs, Frankie and Benny and TGI Friday.

You know what you have to do - go mental in them tasty places.

7 mile... I wouldn't get out of bed to do 7 mile :lol:

Get a good road bike and get the miles in :pipe:

Take Tuesday as your 'day off' and don't worry about having a McDonalds or whatever, just don't have a Greggs, a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut! :lol:

My training pace is around 8 minute miles, if (and it's a big IF) I could run the 13 miles at that pace I'd be just under 1'45". I'd be over the moon to do it in that time, but I don't really think it's very realistic. As a first half-marathon, I guess I'd be satisfied with under 2 hours, but I'll be a bit disappointed if I'm over 1'55".

sounds like your all having a belter guys. my new order of protein came on saturday, just in time for me to get to the gym for an extended sesh to work on back and shoulders. starting with a creatine cycle today as well, hopefully resolve all the problems i've been getting with cramp lately, been getting it for weeks now despite increasing salt and taking about 3litres of water a day.

When you go to aberdeen, just down from the pizza hut there used to be an indian on union street, on the corner before the bridge or thereabouts i think that did buffet. Get in there for your day off and eat your weight in tikka chicken (tu). pile on the rest of the stuff as well obviously, it was a cracking restaurant.

I'm going up on the 27th and plan on visiting the place and eating it out of business. Also, the kebab shop just up from the wodka bar and across from slains castle, it's just :drool: .

eat like f*ck and work it off on your return (tu)