• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

over £30 a month and i'd be expecting a blow job from a masseuse after my work out.

One close to work we get a discount but it still works out at £30 a month.

Another one in town is £20 but is just a gym with showers and changing rooms, classes etc are extra.

Wouldn't be going to those anyway but wanted to gauge prices.

1 minute ago, Frank Reynolds said:

One close to work we get a discount but it still works out at £30 a month.

Another one in town is £20 but is just a gym with showers and changing rooms, classes etc are extra.

Wouldn't be going to those anyway but wanted to gauge prices.

take pure gym as an average price and then yuu want better facilities if your paying more than what they charge.

There's a few independent ones in Stirling that have worse machines than i have in my garage and the cunts want £30 a month. 

37 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

2/3 hours of what?

Mostly weights, 3 days of loose weights and a day of cabled exercises, also do core work with the medicine ball.

I am going to cut the weights and focus on more cardio i think.

I don't even take my phone to the gym so i can concentrate on my workout but if i do more cardio i might need to because it gets boring.

Oh and don't listen to @Dan Deacon.

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mostly weights, 3 days of loose weights and a day of cabled exercises, also do core work with the medicine ball.

I don't even take my phone to the gym so i can concentrate on my workout but if i do more cardio i might need to because it gets boring.

You're always on the phone in gym ?

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I bought a set of weights and got workouts from the muscle and strength website,I probably fucked it up,but I've ended up with a bigger chest and back,which I didn't particularly want,and not much more muscle on my arms,which I did want!!!

10 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

I bought a set of weights and got workouts from the muscle and strength website,I probably fucked it up,but I've ended up with a bigger chest and back,which I didn't particularly want,and not much more muscle on my arms,which I did want!!!

Chest and back are main working groups of muscles so easier to add mass there.

It will come eventually mate just stick at it.

I'm £37.50 a month which is a shambles but it's because Inverclyde Leisure own all the gyms here so they get away with charging that price because there's basically no competition. There's 1 or 2 wee independent gyms in the area but the range of equipment is quite poor in them I've heard and not much of a price difference anyway. 

When I go back to uni in September the plan is to join a cheaper gym in Glasgow/Hamilton area and maybe just pay as I go down this way if/when needed. 

4 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I train at least 4 days a week for between 2 and 3 hours a session.

Also use an exercise bike every morning before work for 30 mins and go walks.

3 hours? :lol: Do you just do a shit tonne of isolation work?

I'm usually in and out within an hour.

32 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

3 hours? :lol: Do you just do a shit tonne of isolation work?

I'm usually in and out within an hour.

3 hour sessions on a Sunday (sometimes more).

Tuesday/Thursday are my other loose weights days and it varies between 2 and 3 hours, i do lots of isolation work but compound exercises too, i really should cut down because my body is telling me too but i get bored at home.

If you don't fuck about you can easily be in and out in an hour mate, i like a wee blether aswell though:lol:

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Tuesday/Thursday are my other loose weights days and it varies between 2 and 3 hours, i do lots of isolation work but compound exercises too, i really should cut down because my body is telling me too but i get bored at home.

If you don't fuck about you can easily be in and out in an hour mate, i like a wee blether aswell though:lol:

How many sets would you do in a weight session? 

22 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

How many sets would you do in a weight session? 

Depends on weight i am lifting, recently i have been doing a set of light at say 20 reps then 3 or sets of heavier at 8/10 reps then a drop set of light until failure (usually 20/30) repeat this on all sets.

Do decline/incline bench press, shoulder press, flies, hammer dumbell press, bent over row, squats and deadlifts.

Also do like arm curls and core work, as i said, probably too much but i enjoy it.

8 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Over training mate 1hr or at most 90mins is all anyone needs to workout. Intensity and good form are always the key. If both are spot on am in and out in a hour. Feeling well pumped

plumbGER and CoatbridgeBear like this
  • 2 weeks later...