I struggled with 110k for about 3/4 weeks. Couldnt get locked out so I worked on strengthening my shoulders, tricepts and stuck to 10 sets of 10 decline bench at 70k.. before long I was throwing it up.

Keep up the hard work and you'll get by it soon enough mate. :)

This and your abbs,I started exercising my core and all exercises went through the roof (tu)

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5years ago the year before my wedding I went to the gym for the first time scaled 24 stone. Today I hit 15stone  thrilled is a understatement. Some saggy skin witch I could get removed but I'll keep i

Obviously as that's just went over yer head

All depends when they get back in the gym and back to full training, still a chance he could get the three fights needed later in the year,  just need to wait and see how it goes. Thats him in th

Posted Images

How did you get on mate?

I did my second (and last) half marathon today, 1hr 48:00 give or take a couple of seconds.

My target was 50 mins, according to Nike app my fastest 10km previously was 50 mins 57 secs, but I done it in ‎48.23! 15.5 mins faster than last time, 695th out of 7448, delighted with that.

Fuck this, i've turned into a lazy chubby btarsad, i'm going to the gym today and going to stick to it. I'm thinking about doing two or three weeks pure cardio first, to try and lose a bit of weight and gain a bit of fitness, then after that bringing in some weights, what do people think?

Fuck this, i've turned into a lazy chubby btarsad, i'm going to the gym today and going to stick to it. I'm thinking about doing two or three weeks pure cardio first, to try and lose a bit of weight and gain a bit of fitness, then after that bringing in some weights, what do people think?

Not a bad idea to build up some fitness before firing into the weights, imo. Don't try to do too much too soon or you'll burn out and lose motivation. Good luck :lw:

well done mate, glad to see someone else making some chnages to better themselves (tu)

most important thing you can do is spend time thinking anout your goals, your motivation and your diet.

What do you want to do, bulk up, lose weight, tone, improve CV fitness? then look at whats motivating you and make sure you alwayskeep this in mind for thiose days when your thinking "can't be fvcked".

If you haven't already mate, scan through this thread from the start or perform a search within it for key words that your looking for (bulk, loss etc) you'll get countless amounts of tips and advice to get you on your way (tu)

I'd humbly suggest you'll be wasting your time by starting with CV stuff. It is simply not the most efficient use of your time for the average person looking to burn fat and look better.

By doing a structured and focused barbell training regime you'll see good results* in six to twelve weeks. That is of course if you actually do the work and are disciplined.

*I'd define "good results" as an improvement in the following:

body composition

appearance

strength

I'd humbly suggest you'll be wasting your time by starting with CV stuff. It is simply not the most efficient use of your time for the average person looking to burn fat and look better.

By doing a structured and focused barbell training regime you'll see good results* in six to twelve weeks. That is of course if you actually do the work and are disciplined.

*I'd define "good results" as an improvement in the following:

body composition

appearance

strength

Hmm, thanks for the reply. I was sort of thinking this, but wasn't sure what sort of program or anything i should follow, so was just going to try and burn some fat then try and build some strength & muscle. I'll look into what you said, cheers (tu)

Anyone else doing the Glasgow-Edinburgh cycle this Sunday?

First time I'll have done anything like it, looking forward to it. Dietwise, I should have a big pasta dish the night before, right? Any other tips for this sort of thing?

Whatever you do don't eat too much before you get on the bike. You will feel like shite and cramp up straight away. Make sure you are well hydrated as well.

If you can get a hold of some PowerBar gels and take a handful with you then you will be flying. Packed with sugar and carbs and you can feel them working straight away.

And make sure you have a helmet, that's the most important thing!

Whatever you do don't eat too much before you get on the bike. You will feel like shite and cramp up straight away. Make sure you are well hydrated as well.

If you can get a hold of some PowerBar gels and take a handful with you then you will be flying. Packed with sugar and carbs and you can feel them working straight away.

And make sure you have a helmet, that's the most important thing!

Cheers mate (tu)

How early are we talking? I think it starts at around 10 in the morning, so maybe some fruit a couple of hours beforehand?

Hmm, thanks for the reply. I was sort of thinking this, but wasn't sure what sort of program or anything i should follow, so was just going to try and burn some fat then try and build some strength & muscle. I'll look into what you said, cheers (tu)

4 programs check mens health and mens fitness websites

bein serious some good stuff on youtube as well

Cheers mate (tu)

How early are we talking? I think it starts at around 10 in the morning, so maybe some fruit a couple of hours beforehand?

Bananas a few hours beforehand do the trick for obvious reason but I would usually take plenty of sugary foods beforehand. A chocolate bar often helps but you rwally do most of your eating the night before the event and do plenty of eating and drinking during the event.

It also helps to take a can of coke or pepsi with you to top up your glycogen stores. The top professional riders would carry one with them. You do not want to be running out of food or sugar during the event and end up 'hitting the wall.' It happened to me once and it was that bad that I would struggle to describe just how bad it was. Absolutely no energy left, your mind becomes blank, you feel physically sick and have to get off the bike and gorge yourself on sweets, biscuits, cakes...

Bananas a few hours beforehand do the trick for obvious reason but I would usually take plenty of sugary foods beforehand. A chocolate bar often helps but you rwally do most of your eating the night before the event and do plenty of eating and drinking during the event.

It also helps to take a can of coke or pepsi with you to top up your glycogen stores. The top professional riders would carry one with them. You do not want to be running out of food or sugar during the event and end up 'hitting the wall.' It happened to me once and it was that bad that I would struggle to describe just how bad it was. Absolutely no energy left, your mind becomes blank, you feel physically sick and have to get off the bike and gorge yourself on sweets, biscuits, cakes...

Ok sounds good. Thanks again for the help mate, much appreciated (tu)

try the mens health and mens fitness websites mate

I don't like men's health, they try and justify the nutritional values of a kebab or a mars bar and sell "look like this in 4 weeks". A few good websites are foodforfitness.co.uk. Simplyshredded.com and fts7.com. Lifting weights and going to he gym is the easy part, diet is the killer. It takes a lot of effort to prepare your food for the next day, assuming you want to go for the 6-7 small meals a day.start by cutting Out the rubbish and get yourself some supplements if you are serious

just done a shoulder workout, fucking destroyed it (tu).

playlist for the workout-

No church in the wild - jay z and kanye west

G'n'R - Welcome to the jungle

Muse - Knights of cydonia

Puff Daddy - come with me

Muse - Hysteria

RHCP - All Around the World

Prodigy - Their Law

Oasis - Fuckin in the Bushes

Prodigy - Diesel Power

Kasabian - Switchblade Smiles

Kasabian - Empire