whos your favourite Rangers Legend?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only 14 so haven't had the pleasure of watching ally, laudrup, cooper etc. There haven't been many 'legends' playing for the gers since I started to really get into football so I'll post my favourite player since I have.

Nacho Novo :D

Loved watching Ian Durrant, never ever forget THAT goal in Marseille, more recently thought Michael Mols had sublime talent until that horrific injury, think he could have been up there with Lauders.

Although there has been more skillfull players there's not many better scorers than Super Ally, my hero growing up and so glad he's got the chance to take us forward following the departure of the clubs greatest manager, i couldn't have handpicked a more Gers minded better man for the job !!!

SUPER ALLY !!!

KRIS BOYD, only joking Derek Parlane (Born as the King of Ibrox park) the older members will remember that song and Willie Johnstone I idolised wee Bud my school was across from the brox and I used to go over every dinner time to see him, nowadays its Coisty a REALLY NICE guy, a fantastic goal scorer and great ambassador for our club if anyone deserves to be a success as a manager its Alistair McCoist the greatest ever Ranger in my book.

It was Jim Forrest and Colin Stein but I met Stein at his book launch and have to say what a sour faced person he was. Was working that day (Care Work) and the lad i had with me said (pretty loud too) "fuck sake Charlie he's you hero - he's a miserable old bassa!" Normally i'd have told him to button it but on this occasion he was spot on. :crabflute:

So i'd just go for Jim Forrest and (although he wasn't a Gers player) Charlie Cooke too...

Stein & Henderson. Sorry to read that about stein though

Sad to read that comment from exilebear about Colin Stein.He and Johnstone were formidable together.Greig epitomised everything people would want out of a Rangers man and I never,ever saw a better footballer in a blue jersey than Slim Jim Baxter.What he did with a ball was scary.Henderson on his day was unplayable but guys like Gough,Gazza,Laudrup,Albertz,Mols,McCoist,Durrant and Butcher were also great Players.If you go through the list in your mind its quite amazing how many truly greats pulled on the blue Jersey.

It was Jim Forrest and Colin Stein but I met Stein at his book launch and have to say what a sour faced person he was. Was working that day (Care Work) and the lad i had with me said (pretty loud too) "fuck sake Charlie he's you hero - he's a miserable old bassa!" Normally i'd have told him to button it but on this occasion he was spot on. :crabflute:

So i'd just go for Jim Forrest and (although he wasn't a Gers player) Charlie Cooke too...

I hate that mate when you meet your heroes and they turn out to be Eejits they say sometimes its not a good idea to meet your heroes in case they let you down, going to Ibrox primary as I did in the 70's I would see the players and management staff every dinner time, wee bud was brilliant as were the majority of the players although John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Willie Waddell three legends weren't the most welcoming or maybe it was because they were sick of the sight of me, Willie Thornton who was Waddells assistant for a couple of years was a gem of a guy so was Scot Symon who I met years after he left the club

Willie Waddell- history is proving the man to having been a colossus for the Club. Whenever I need reminding of the character of Rangers FC I defer to Mr Waddell as a man who held the proper ideals of what it is 'to be a Ranger' Also, he never took any BS from any journalist either from what I hear

Impossible for me to pick just one, so here's my top three (in no particular order).

Alex McDonald. So under estimated it wasnt real. Would have died for The Rangers.

Davie Cooper. I dont need to say why - We all know why.

Dado Prso. We've had lots of foreigners at the Club but the Croatian for me, was just sensational.