Bartley and Wilson

nvager

It has been mentioned in the media that we might bring in Bartley and Wilson on loan. If we do surely we need another experienced CH to play with one of them?

They both have great potential and play well enough, but together they would form a very inexperienced partnership.

Hypothetical I know, but can anyone see this partnership really working as well in practice as it may appear on paper?

Ally will know this. I really doubt we will bring both in on loan, either we will buy Bartley and loan in Wilson, or Wilson will be our back-up loan if Bartleys deal falls through.

McCoist knows fine well we can't have those 2 as a partnership, he knows he has to bring in some experience.

If he's buiding a young team for the future, that will do for me, but not if it includes Wilson. Let the cunt rot in Liverpool's reserves. I'd love to get Bartley on a permanent deal but the fee might beat us.

i think we will get bartley on a permanent deal hopefully a more experienced ch aswell

So do I. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Bartley (tu)

Would agree with most on here: sign Bartley on a permanent deal, loan Wilson, then play one or the other with an experienced partner.

There would be no real need to try and develop them as a long term partnership as we know Wilson would be heading back to Liverpool next year.

I also like the fact that both can step into other roles if required: Bartley in centre mid and Wilson at left back. Also feel they are both mobile enough to allow Ally to play a back 3 if required.

It is going to be a long season with games starting in July and having to qualiy for Champions League so we really need 4 centre halfs in the squad. Especially so if one of them is Davie Weir as he can't be expected to play as often as he has.

It seems that Boogy will be off so I would have no problem bringing in both Wilson and Bartley on loan if that allows us to spend a bit more getting a quality first pick centre half.

I think Bartley is a stick on.

As for Wilson, I really can't see it happening, I think Liverpool will won't him to go another Premiership club or in the Championship at the very least if he is to go on loan.

Bartley played in midfield a lot during his loan.

I think we will see a 4-3-3 with Bartley McCulloch and Davis playing in the middle of the park.

I fear that you may be right, but please God don't let it happen!

Bartley played in midfield a lot during his loan.

I think we will see a 4-3-3 with Bartley McCulloch and Davis playing in the middle of the park.

I'm hoping we're in the hunt for a playmaker, there is very little need for two holding midfielders in the Spl. I don't mind so much away from home in Europe but we need to go at teams at Ibrox.