I've no idea why this came to mind

G.E.C.

But say this scenerio comes along even though the odds are 99999999/1.

We draw Celtic in the latter stages of the Champions League...

UEFA rules state that away fans have can 5% of a stadium capacity.

How on earth would the tims manage to only be in a tiny section of the Broomloan and where we would we be at Parkhead?

It would stay the same, look at what the likes of Bursaspor got last year compared to what Man Utd got, it's a minimum of 5%.

Not that Celtic would get that far anyway :craphead:

Am I correct in thinking that the only time we can meet them in a Champion's League is the Quarter Finals stage onwards?

Team's from the same country can't draw each other in the Group Stages/Last 16.

Albeit in 2005 Chelsea and Liverpool were in the same group. Don't know how that came across.

Because England had 5 teams. Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Everton got 4th (knocked out by Villarreal in the quals), and Liverpool who finished 5th won the European Cup. Liverpool had to go through the qualifying rounds to even get to the group stages. They didn't count as an English team as such as otherwise it would have messed up the seedings.

Yeah they had to do 3 qualifiers (tu)

Didn't know about the seeding. I take it they were in a special pot or just a normal one?

Yeah they had to do 3 qualifiers (tu)

Didn't know about the seeding. I take it they were in a special pot or just a normal one?

IIRC they were 4th seeds and didn't have country protection

why do we allow them the whole broomloan stand to begin with? never quite understood that, especially those who have season tickets in broomloan n get kicked out for old firm games, odd.

why do we allow them the whole broomloan stand to begin with? never quite understood that, especially those who have season tickets in broomloan n get kicked out for old firm games, odd.

Ibrox is so small and we possibly need to match each others allocations? The only way of giving them what we get is to give them a full stand. :( We get stuck in a corner out of the cameras view, they get a full stand behind a goal for the whole world to see, wish that would change.