Ally: Forget Whitty Bursa

King_gazza

EXCLUSIVE

Ally: Forget Whitty Bursa

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Add a comment (0)

RANGERS last night rejected an improved bid of £600,000 from Bursaspor for Steven Whittaker.

Now Gers boss Ally McCoist has told the Turkish giants to FORGET their dogged pursuit of Whittaker who is one of his prized assets.

McCoist told SunSport: "I don't even want to know what the new bid was. I am trying to build a squad here, not dismantle one.

"Steven is a crucial part of that and I'm confident he will stay and we can clinch a new deal for him.

"Steven was superb for us last season, I have spoken with him and I feel his heart is here at Rangers."

But Coisty knows the cash-rich Turks can TRIPLE Whittaker's £8,000-a-week wage.

SunSport revealed yesterday Bursa - who lured Kenny Miller to Turkey in January - were poised to up their initial £450,000 offer for versatile Scotland star Whittaker.

They are now expected to test Coisty's resolve again by coming back with a third bid and are prepared to go up to £1million to get their man.

Meanwhile, McCoist has also targeted keeper Allan McGregor and midfielder Steven Davis for new deals.

At the end of the day, if Whittaker wants to move there, he'll go. We just need to make sure that we get as much as we can for him.

I really don't think he wants to go imo. He loves it here,was talk he wanted to get a new deal asap.

We paid 2 million for him. Why on earth would we sell him at a loss when his price has clearly gone up!!!

We paid £2mill ish for miller aswell

Liverpool pay £20mill for an unproven kid And we get a half a mill offer for a proven, 3 x title winner, 3/4 x cup winner, Uefa cup finalist, versatile, right back, left back, centre back right or left midfielder, proven penalty taking soon to be Only 27 yr old main stay of our team.!?!

Ram it up yer hole bursa, we shoulda told them to ram the miller money aswell, 21 spl goals b4 jan and they offer 300k, more fool us for accepting

Only reason his agent hasn't said hell no he wont go is for negotiation tactics. 8000 a week aint much fer a footballer of his quality. People are quick te bash our players and it makes me sick. How quick they forget his goal in the europe run and all the set up plays he never gets credit for. Turkey though is not a place for a Brit. Very few go there and like it. They like the money but thats it.

Doubt he would go after hearing Kenny Miller isn't liking life over there. Hope we keep him, became a key player in the last few months of the season and had a superb game in the Co-Op Cup Final.