Another good bear passed away

I bring sad news that a long standing member of our Supporters Club (Nithsdale loyal) sadly passed away yesterday afternoon after a month-long illness.

Billy Barnes will be long remembered by our club, and a veteran European campaigner as well, for his sharp wit, the ability to ask for change of a tenner and it costs you £20, and his party tunes of really old Rangers songs that few had ever heard of.

I am sure the last day title win would have put a smile on his face through the pain from his hospital bed, and may he rest in peace alongside our fellow bears in the sky.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bring sad news that a long standing member of our Supporters Club (Nithsdale loyal) sadly passed away yesterday afternoon after a month-long illness.

Billy Barnes will be long remembered by our club, and a veteran European campaigner as well, for his sharp wit, the ability to ask for change of a tenner and it costs you £20, and his party tunes of really old Rangers songs that few had ever heard of.

I am sure the last day title win would have put a smile on his face through the pain from his hospital bed, and may he rest in peace alongside our fellow bears in the sky.

Sorry to hear of the sad loss , thoughts with his family RIP Billy Barnes