Ally's Transfer Plans

CANUCKBEAR10

Since the transfer window opened and now they we are actually being liked with players my head has been spinning trying to figure out who we are going to sign (am pretty excited!). I see here on the form the people are getting a little frustrated with the bosman targets and want to Ally to buy "players of better quality" than the out of contract ones.

However, I am trying to take a positive spin and look into what Ally is doing. Personally (from an optimistic standpoint) I think that by going after the likes of Neil Danns, Tomer, (the paraguyan fella) the loan signings of Wilson/Bartley. We can fill out the squad with fairly good player that can come in and contribute. Once the squad has been rounded out a little then Ally can target the Jelavic type signings.

What I mean is that maybe he wants to spend most of the money on only one or two players of high quality that he knows can make a difference.

This way instead of buying six guys at like 2 mil (plus wages) he really focuses on a couple of players with real potential/sell on value that can make a difference not just in the SPL but in Europe too.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

Totally agree mate.

I have got a sneaky feeling this Hemed geezer might turn out to be a good player aswell.

I know it's youtube but the guy actually looks like he know where the net is. I don't think Sebo looked that good on video, at least not while playing football lol!

I know it's youtube but the guy actually looks like he know where the net is. I don't think Sebo looked that good on video, at least not while playing football lol!

Yeah :lol: I was just watching them again there. With a call up to the national team aswell this season it looks like he has caught the eye of more people than Ally

Not totally impressed with the Peruvian guy in the video but if he's standing out for Ally in the Argentine league, a better quality and tougher league than the SPL, then he must have something.

Not everything is how it seems in youtube videos though, sometimes.

I agree, no one putting a video on youtube is gonna have their top ten misses or howlers. I am sure though that Ally and Co will have watched more than the vids we get to see. Well I sure as hell hope so anyway!

Since the transfer window opened and now they we are actually being liked with players my head has been spinning trying to figure out who we are going to sign (am pretty excited!). I see here on the form the people are getting a little frustrated with the bosman targets and want to Ally to buy "players of better quality" than the out of contract ones.

However, I am trying to take a positive spin and look into what Ally is doing. Personally (from an optimistic standpoint) I think that by going after the likes of Neil Danns, Tomer, (the paraguyan fella) the loan signings of Wilson/Bartley. We can fill out the squad with fairly good player that can come in and contribute. Once the squad has been rounded out a little then Ally can target the Jelavic type signings.

What I mean is that maybe he wants to spend most of the money on only one or two players of high quality that he knows can make a difference.

This way instead of buying six guys at like 2 mil (plus wages) he really focuses on a couple of players with real potential/sell on value that can make a difference not just in the SPL but in Europe too.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

Bang on, exactly what I just posted in the hemed thread. Buy a few bosmans/loans for extra numbers/potential first teamers then buy about 3 top quality players to storm Europe with (tu)

Yeah.

If we can get players like Hemed, Vaughan, Healy, Foster, Estigarribia, Wilson, Danns... who are all out of contract/available on loan as squad players then it means we are not dipping too much into the budget and still have money to spend on qaulity players.

Its sad we made zero attempt to speak to a player like Oscar Wendt, Free transfer, young, lots of potential, would have been perfect to learn from papac and take over from him the following season. But Moenchengladbach goes and signs him.

Remember, noone predicted we were after Edu, Weiss, Aaron, etc. Quite often the press are fed these other stories to keep them off the scent. Would not surprise me if a couple of signings are announced who haven't been mentioned at all by the press

Remember, noone predicted we were after Edu, Weiss, Aaron, etc. Quite often the press are fed these other stories to keep them off the scent. Would not surprise me if a couple of signings are announced who haven't been mentioned at all by the press

The good old rangers way of dealing with transfers :)! How I've missed it!!

This is spot on. Our main concern is defence so I can see ally spending some cash there, then spending some mOney on a winger. My bet is he keeps a few mill up his sleeve for Jan too

Its exciting times again , Remember we had about 10000 pages about signing jelavic last year cos that was our 1 main target so i was on that thread all the time . Now I dont know where to look with all the (real) targets we're linked with