Who has the most fans ? Rangers or Runners up mob

Dunny_01

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont trust a guy from coatbridge who says hes a bluenose :ph34r:

Im fae Dennistoun bud, but stay in Carnbroe !!

but in the Coatbridge loyal !! lol I know half of Airdrie too, but theirs mare teddy bears in Coatbridge these days to Airdrie !!

Im watchin u anaw hahaha :ph34r:

Were all you Coatbridge haters the ones booing me aff the park, taking a penalty at half time at the end of season Hearts game !! Heres me thinking it was my da and all that, bunch of evil bassas the lots of ye !! Coatbrig rulz !!

As said above its obviously immeasurable. It all depends on what you class as a fan. In Scotland I'd say we edge it slightly, outside Scotland we probably have less. But in all fairness it doesn't matter a great deal, we have a huge fan base that a lot of teams in the biggest leagues in the world can only dream of having.

Were all you Coatbridge haters the ones booing me aff the park, taking a penalty at half time at the end of season Hearts game !! Heres me thinking it was my da and all that, bunch of evil bassas the lots of ye !! Coatbrig rulz !!

Am an ex Coatbridge boy. :clap:

Funnily enough there has been a massive increase in Celtic supporters in Airdrie recently and big increase in Rangers fans in Coatbridge over the last few years.

Who has more fans - Rangers

Who are the better fans - Rangers

Who are not child molesters - Rangers

Which set of fans are better looking - Ranger

Who has the bigger penis's - Rangers

Who has the better taste - Rangers

Who has the most unemployed fans - Celtic

We will always be a class above the scum. :sherlock:

Youve just spelt out the modern day version of the term " we are the people " u should be put in the trophy room !! Lol

Who wrote 40 million? <cr> Peter Liewell was quoted in the press midweek saying he had done surveys and the club found they had upto 10 million fans across the world. Who said 40? Even 10 million is far fetched but it kind of made a mockery of the young right backs claims they had the second biggest supportin the world! :lol:

As a comparison with us, its impossible to tell, maybe take both teams to Asia and see how many fans each team can get to watch them, then goto America and do the same, then goto Australia and do the same and so on and so on, but to get actual figures is impossible.

Which club is financially better off due to the support they get from all the fans? Gate receipts, merchandise, wage budgets, transfer budgets, profits........Surely thats tells us alot more than a guess on the number of fans a certain club has!

Trophy count does not equate to more fans but it sure is a nice 'one over' the mhanks.

There has been a couple of surveys done world wide in last couple of years(2009 I think)that listed the clubs with the largest registered number of supporters, this I agree doesnt include the fly by nights who follow a player from their country from one club to the next, but, it counts as far as the term can be applied "real" fans.

The club with the most had 8.5 million fans and that was Fernerbache, Manure were second, Barca third Madrid 4th, Liverpool 5th and RANGERS 6th- the other mob didnt make top ten

If someone can be arsed you can find the linl and post on kerryfail to put an end to their delusions

Im fae Dennistoun bud, but stay in Carnbroe !!

but in the Coatbridge loyal !! lol I know half of Airdrie too, but theirs mare teddy bears in Coatbridge these days to Airdrie !!

Im watchin u anaw hahaha :ph34r:

Ano just windin ye up mate :lol: I know quite a few bluenoses fae coatbridge :)

We defo have more in Scotland. Something 2/3rd of the Scottish population lives within 25 miles of Glasgow. so mostly Lanarkshire which filled with about 90% Rangers fans. the rest of Scotland is a more even split and they have all of Ireland supporting them

Can i kill this thread and say, its immeasurable. (tu)

Fact (tu)

Cheers mate.

Started reading this thread and got as far as your post -- which makes perfect sense!

Giving you as many reps as I can for helping me not waste my day smiley-gen014.gif

I can however say -- and quite categorically -- that here in South Eastern Ontario, Canada... We RULE! 00000042.gif

They don't come close to us in any department

True mate.

If they were so 'massive', you would see it on their books. The plastics of say, Boston aren't writing cheques to the BJK Nou Camp are they?

40 million of them in the US of A but not a penny to be found. Why?

We have REAL supporters. I don't need to get into the ex-pats like me that support the club (with money I might say). Buy the gear etc.

And for all ex pats here.

Don't be looking for free streams. Get the matches off of RTV and pay. It helps the club. Think about how much do our mates back home pay to go to Ibrox!

Sorry boys for posting this thread was just a bit of light hearted end of season boredom, I dont actually care as i know its immeasurable big time but thought i would stick my wee bit of humour on it!! Too many reading the title heading and commenting!!

I love how the thread is turning out though with some good info!!!

Thats another thing!!

" the whole of Ireland " supporting them??

I think the green end of glasgow go support Ireland, but ive been to Dublin quite a bit and most people in ireland support Man Utd and Liverpool and to my shock any of they fans ive spoke to prefer rangers over celtic!! So the Ireland thing is grossly exagerated aswell !!

:D

What amazes me is that the company carrying out that research could work out that Man United has 4.2 million fans in the UK by interviewing 5,213 people. :D

Mate...

There are lies, damn lies, and then, there's statistics.

Reigning champions Chelsea may have won the 2005/06 English Premier League title but Manchester United remains Britain’s most popular football club, according to Roy Morgan International Single Source findings. Manchester United, described recently by American owner Malcolm Glazier as a “franchise”, is supported by 4.209 million Brits. FA Cup Finalist Liverpool is the second most popular British Club with 3.133 million British supporters with Champions League Finalist Arsenal (2.652m) rounding out the top three. Despite their on-field success Chelsea must settle for fourth on the table with 1.485 million supporters. Glasgow Rangers, with 1.43 million supporters, are the fifth most popular team in Britain followed immediately by their old firm rivals and Scottish Champions Glasgow Celtic who are supported by 1.406 million Brits.

From the English Championship League Leeds United (938,000) is the best supported football team from outside the English and Scottish Premier Leagues and is the ninth most popular team overall.

Liverpool will take on the 12th most popular British team, West Ham (691,000 supporters), in this year’s FA Cup Final to be played on May 13th. The Hammers are the fourth most popular London team behind Arsenal (2.652m), Chelsea (1.406m) and Tottenham (1.240m — seventh overall).

Also in the Top 20 are England’s UEFA Cup Finalist Middlesbrough in 16th position (452,000 supporters) and Scotland’s Champions League qualifiers Heart of Midlothian in 18th place (398,000 supporters). Welsh team Cardiff are in 22nd position with 322,000 supporters. Of the 20 most popular teams in the UK, eleven currently play in the English Premier League, three play in the Scottish Premier League and six in the English Championship League.

Position

Britain’s 20 Most Popular Teams

Number of Supporters

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Rangers

Celtic

Tottenham

Newcastle

Leeds United

Manchester City

Aston Villa

West Ham

Everton

Leicester City

Norwich City

Middlesbrough

Southampton

Hearts

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sheffield Wednesday

Also the ex-pat / Irish Ethniticity thing in US is GROSSLY mis-interpreted. Due to the influx of Irish Immigrants being in the 1700's it was Scots-Irish (aka Ulster Scots) who arrived first to shape the new country . Ulster-Scots decendents are mixed in with those numbers.Many Irish Americans are not Catholic and don't even realise they are from the North originally.