McDowall

Danny

Very little is said about our new first team coach.

He is known as the man who reared some quality youngsters at Parkhead such as Maloney.

And the thought occurred to me, could he also be a major reason for the resurgence of Hutton?

He seems to have a gift with the younger players, and perhaps Hutton and others are benefitting from that.

What is known about KM?

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Co...~963801,00.html - I shall add though how frustrating the RFC website is.

Kenny McDowall - First Team Coach

THESE days switching from one side of the Old Firm to the other is not considered the heinous crime it was in the days of Alfie Conn or Mo Johnston.

However, the capture of Kenny McDowall from Celtic was a surprise. Kenny had been in the Youth Department for 10 years and was reserve team manager when Walter Smith approached him to join Rangers.

McDowall, a Rangers fan as boy, had no hestitation in crossing the city to take up a top team post, feeling it was definitely the right time to make the step up.

He is highly rated in coaching circles and had previously turned down top team posts waiting for the right one to come along.

He's very much the silent one - I would really like to see him being interviewed. As IB posts, he's very highly rated, so it would be good to hear his thoughts.

Dont know much about McDowall but he was very highly rated and respected at celtic park. He was also the man behind bringing that sports scientist guy Owen to the club.

TBH Hutton was playing pretty well when PLG was in charge.

got to disagree with you in that mate since Walter, Ally and Mcdowall have came in Alan Hutton has been the most improved player in the squad before they came in a thought we were in need of a new right back but Hutton has been terrific since they have taken over and a hope he keeps it up because he is a great young player and is starting to look like the player he was before he broke his leg.

As for Mcdowall although he is the 1st team coach heres hoping he can bring on the likes of Fleck, Lennon, Elmslie, Shinnie,Lowing, Furman etc etc as future 1st team players because the way forward in the years to come will be the clubs youngsters. Its essential they are brought through and to continue there development they should be sent out on loan to learn there trade somewhere like Adam and Macgregor have done and then bring them back and hopefully they will be ready to challenge for a starting place in the 1st team

He's very much the silent one - I would really like to see him being interviewed. As IB posts, he's very highly rated, so it would be good to hear his thoughts.

He's interviewed quite regularly on Rangers TV. Albeit mainly about team affairs. :rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ted I B @ Apr 14 2007, 08:53 AM)

He's interviewed quite regularly on Rangers TV. Albeit mainly about team affairs. :rolleyes:

McDowell...another Andy Watson more or less

DONKEY !! :pipeguy:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ted I B @ Apr 14 2007, 09:53 AM)

Damn, I don't have RTV. Does he say anything of interest?

He mainly just bigs up the players progress and potential. Seems like an astute and assured character and no comparison (as The Fishes comments suggest) to Andy Watson should be made. They are completely different types of fellows imo.

He talks like a driven and determined individual and I can see how he could bring the best out of players with his encouraging responses to questions. Not much more I can say.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ted I B @ Apr 14 2007, 12:39 PM)
He mainly just bigs up the players progress and potential. Seems like an astute and assured character

Glad to hear it.

and no comparison (as The Fishes comments suggest) to Andy Watson should be made. They are completely different types of fellows imo.
I have absolutely no hesitation in being pleased by that - Watson is a f*ckin' parasite who has contributed nothing to football management and has hung on the coat-tails of Eck for the majority of his career. He's a leech, and I was extremely disappointed when he followed Eck like a puppy to the Scotland job.
He talks like a driven and determined individual and I can see how he could bring the best out of players with his encouraging responses to questions. Not much more I can say.

Thanks for the appraisal (tu)