When Sir Alex finally calls it a day with United

G.E.C.

Will David Moyes be a good replacement?

I think he'll be successful. He'll have more money and more quality players to work with.

He's done a great job with Everton under some dire financial conditions. Although I don't know if you can say dire when he's spent £15m on Fellani.

It will be interesting to see if SAF has earned the right to choose his successor because if so he might just go for someone like Moyes.

I've always thought it would be Mourinho but Ferguson has big boots to fill and there may not be quite as much money to spend as there once was. I know people will say Jose is up to that challenge and he probably is but even Ferguson himself chose to join a big club who had fallen on hard times in 86 rather than go to somewhere like Liverpool who at that time had been successful for as long as anyone could remember (assuming he had the choice of course :sherlock:)

Mourinho would be the wrong choice . He just doesn't suit the united job IMO .

Its the biggest question in football IMO , such a massive seat to fill after fergie . It will all depend on the direction the owners see united goin in .

It will be interesting to see if SAF has earned the right to choose his successor because if so he might just go for someone like Moyes.

I've always thought it would be Mourinho but Ferguson has big boots to fill and there may not be quite as much money to spend as there once was. I know people will say Jose is up to that challenge and he probably is but even Ferguson himself chose to join a big club who had fallen on hard times in 86 rather than go to somewhere like Liverpool who at that time had been successful for as long as anyone could remember (assuming he had the choice of course :sherlock:)

Eh no chance, the board will chose the replacement as thats their job. Highly unlikely it will be Jose either.... doesnt have the temperament or playing style the Man U board demand.

Eh no chance, the board will chose the replacement as thats their job. Highly unlikely it will be Jose either.... doesnt have the temperament or playing style the Man U board demand.

I think Alex Ferguson knows a little more about football than Malcolm Glazer

He'll have already recommended his successor to the board years ago

Mourinho just doesn't 'fit' with Man Utd for me. Negative tactics, disgusting disregard for fair play and the like, and never stays at a club for more than 2 years

Guardiola doesn't want to stay at Barcelona for much longer and would be the ideal candidate for Man Utd

I think Alex Ferguson knows a little more about football than Malcolm Glazer

He'll have already recommended his successor to the board years ago

Mourinho just doesn't 'fit' with Man Utd for me. Negative tactics, disgusting disregard for fair play and the like, and never stays at a club for more than 2 years

Guardiola doesn't want to stay at Barcelona for much longer and would be the ideal candidate for Man Utd

why would he want to leave is he fed up of winning?

Achieved everything he wants, and is looking for a new challenge.

I doubt this somewhat but i do agree with what you say about mourinho's attitudes compared to man utd's, alex fergusons main principal is that no man is bigger than the club whereas its clear that jose is in it for himself!

I can see Guardiola taking a break from football when he leaves Barcelona. It's well documented how he's pretty much obsessed with finding the right tactics etc and it's putting an immense amount of strain on him.

I wish to retract my statement saying Mourinho is the only man for the job. Laurent Blanc could probably make a decent stab of it too.

(tu)

Would like to see him in the hotseat. Yet I want him to win the world cup with France before :craphead:

In what way?

Moyes is not good enough, imo.

I just don't think his negative tactics , and self obsession would go down to well . He always takes a job , spends ridiculous money , basically buys his success , then moves on . I just don't think he would be the right fit for united . I can't see him building a side over 3,4,5 years the way united and fergie have done on numerous occassions .

As I said , it will depend on the direction the owners want to go in . He would almost certainly guarantee them short term success buy i'd hope the owners were looking further down the line before making probably the biggest decision in club football history .