McClaren confirmed as Forest boss

Boab

Nottingham Forest have appointed Steve McClaren as their new manager on a three-year contract, BBC Sport understands.

The former England boss replaces Billy Davies, who was sacked by the Championship club on Sunday.

More to follow.

A challenge in regards to expectations but a good appointment.

How? Because they won 2 European cups years ago? How long have they been in the championship?

How long have they been in the play offs, but still can't get into the EPL.

Was referring to their fanbase and history. They are a massive club down here, probably in the top 7 or 8.

They've not been in the EPL for about 12 years I think - I can definitely see them getting promoted soon.

I find the fact that they fired Billy Davis and a day later have hired a new manager less than a day later which is shocking because clubs then complain about a lack of loyalty in players then do this sort of thing.

They must have had talks with McClarn before they fired Davis that has to be tapping up as well which just isn't fair one rule for the clubs another for the players.

Hope Billy Davis takes them to the cleaners for this.

Forest really should've went up two years ago, but the board wouldn't give Davies any money for the players he wanted and they slipped up in the latter stages of the season.

He was constantly speaking out about the lack of backing he was receiving, so it'll be interesting to see how Mclaren gets on with the same treatment...my guess is he'll be a bit more reserved and just put up with it.

They clearly had him ready before sacking Billy Davies.