Will We Be Patient ?

Ace

Obviosuly, we all want Mr McCoist to be successful at Rangers, his success means we have a successful team.

However, that success could take time to arrive, we have a young manager, his first job as the decision maker, trying to bring a new team together, which is difficult for an experienced manager such as Walter, let alone Ally.

Given that he will be mixing new players with old & the team will likely be playing in a different manner from which they are used to, what do you think the support's reaction will be to him & the team if we do not start our campaign in a good fashion i.e couple of losses or draws etc.

Will the fans stand up and get behind him, remembering his inexperience and the meshing of a new team or shall we become the stereotypical knee-jerk fan who will scream about his inexperience and how "i always said he was wrong for the job" etc.

For me, I am willing to give Ally at least 2 season, even if we don't finish first but that's just me.

I look at teams around us and further afield, Man Utd had great success because of the longevity of the management team, look at Real Madrid, they have failed miserably and for me, that is down to the constant changing of the management structure.

I was dissappointed that PLG was sacked because of his poor start, I beleived that, given time, he would have been a success, however the owner caved to a mutinous captain and a vocal clamour from the support rather than having the belief of his own convictions.

Anyway ... how do you think the support, or even yourself will react?

fuck me people are complaining we haven't signed anyone yet , i think that shows how quickly certain sections of the support turn on the club

(tu)

I'll give him time,he will need it and I'm sure there will be mistakes along the way like transfers,tactics etc but show me a manager that hasn't done the same.

I expect us to be champions again but failing that I will judge him on the squads potential for the future and how he's performed over the course of the season,not on a few games.

I also have to point out that the OP brings up the single most annoying myth in our recent history, that Murray backed Ferguson over Le Guen

No he didn't

Le Guen resigned in order to take the PSG job

Perhaps that was his plan all along. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I doubted you, Barry! :lol:

I'll be honest here, I don;t think he will get much time. We are a demanding lot and will not put up with many losses before turning on one of our own. No better examples than WS this year. Look at what he has done for us over the last few years yet halfway through the season, some of the abuse he got by "our own" was a disgrace. Why would Ally be any different? Simple fact is, he won't. If he doesn't deliver, the boo boys will be out in force baying for blood.

In general, the support will always be behind the team.

They are also a fickle bunch, and will demand immediate success.

That's what following such a successful team does to us.

I'd also say Mr McCoist isn't really a "new" Manager, given his years working with Walter.

Hopefully he'll hit the ground running.

I come from a bad starting point in that I didn't want Coisty as manager. Having said that I will be patient and give him time and genuinely hope that he is a success.Managing Rangers is a huge job and with it comes huge responsibility. Is Coisty up to the task ahead? I hope so, only time will tell.

I would rather Ally took his time and got it right. I wouldnt want him to rush in to making rash decisions just to get a few new faces in the squad. We all know this time of season has us on edge. The lack of new players isn't worrying me yet, come 31st of August it may well be a different story. I trust Ally to make the correct decision for the future of the club.

I will give Ally time but I think that the same people that wanted Walter to quit mid season there will be baying for blood if we don't get off to a flyer, fall behind celtic or heavens forbid don't qualify for the champions league and while I would be devastated by any of those scenarios happening I really can't think of anyone else I would want in charge of the club at this time. WATP :21:

I also have to point out that the OP brings up the single most annoying myth in our recent history, that Murray backed Ferguson over Le Guen

No he didn't

Le Guen resigned in order to take the PSG job

Murray backed Ferguson over PLG. Fact. :sherlock:

I would rather Ally took his time and got it right. I wouldnt want him to rush in to making rash decisions just to get a few new faces in the squad. We all know this time of season has us on edge. The lack of new players isn't worrying me yet, come 31st of August it may well be a different story. I trust Ally to make the correct decision for the future of the club.

The League starts on the 23rd July!

personally i am willing to give super 3 yrs to produce a good team, obv i expect to win the lge and always want to, however i have gr8 faith in ally and think he could go on to be 1 of our greatest ever bosses.

it took saf 5 yrs to build a winning team and faith in him has led to 20yrs of big big success. now im not saying he will win us the champs lge but i think he could lead us in a 10-15yr spell where we win the lge most seasons, perform decently in europe and keep us all happy.

however i believe if he isnt instantly successful a good large portion of our support will be wanting him gone. if we are not top of the lge or within a few points of top when january comes, i can see all hell breaking lose.

im hopeful and quietly confident things will all go well, but if not all hell could break loose.

Rangers is not a club where players/managers are given time. If they fail to produce the goods then the fans let them know about it.

Most of us won't be patient because we demand success and if Ally McCoist fails to deliver that then there will be no sentiments.

Would you want rid of him if this happens?

Depends on circumstance doesn't it? Walter stayed after not winning the league in his first full season back and Lennon is still at Celtic, on the other hand the likes of Le Guen, Barnes and Mowbray never lasted the first season.

I don't like to think i'd ever want Super Ally sacked, but if we're having a disaster like season then something would need to be done, regardless of his legend status. We should at least be putting up a very good fight to win the league, seasons like the one Le Guen was having and McLeish's last season aren't acceptable regardless of the manager.

Depends on circumstance doesn't it? Walter stayed after not winning the league in his first full season back and Lennon is still at Celtic, on the other hand the likes of Le Guen, Barnes and Mowbray never lasted the first season.

I don't like to think i'd ever want Super Ally sacked, but if we're having a disaster like season then something would need to be done, regardless of his legend status. We should at least be putting up a very good fight to win the league, seasons like the one Le Guen was having and McLeish's last season aren't acceptable regardless of the manager.

Aye that's all I meant,I'll go on record as as saying if we lose the league but I can see where we're making progress I'll bite my tongue.

I didn't want Ally to get the job as he was and still is my hero,if it doesn't go to plan it's going to be hard seeing him take abuse.

I don't think that will happen though.

*prays*

Aye that's all I meant,I'll go on record as as saying if we lose the league but I can see where we're making progress I'll bite my tongue.

I didn't want Ally to get the job as he was and still is my hero,if it doesn't go to plan it's going to be hard seeing him take abuse.

I don't think that will happen though.

*prays*

(tu)