No wonder International football is shite

GOAT

It's not even international football anymore! I just turned SSN on and was greeted by Levein telling us all he was asking a yank to turn to Scotland because his maw and da werr Scottish. How csn all the tartan lot hate England when half their squads English and American? :lol:

This lad is 16 and has never played a game of senior football. If this is the future of Scottish football we're in trouble.

Let's entertain for a moment the possibility that he's a top prospect. Why on earth would an American kid want to fly half-way around the world to play futile qualifiers and pointless friendlies when he could play for a country that qualified for the last six world cups?

This lad is 16 and has never played a game of senior football. If this is the future of Scottish football we're in trouble.

:lol:

I never knew his age. Begging 16 year olds to turn their back on the country that they have lived in their whole lives. Scotlands just a less taigy version of Ireland.

:lol:

I never knew his age. Begging 16 year olds to turn their back on the country that they have lived in their whole lives. Scotlands just a less taigy version of Ireland.

Indeed. It's not only ridiculous but immoral. Levein will be phoning up this kid's parents and playing Scotland The Brave down the phone to try to appeal to their sense of nationalism :anguish:

Indeed. It's not only ridiculous but immoral. Levein will be phoning up this kid's parents and playing Scotland The Brave down the phone to try to appeal to their sense of nationalism :anguish:

I read about this the other day! I think hes a prospect if what i read is true but is that how desperate Scotland have become? International football is a patriotic version of club football

Scotland could end up like the Irish World Cup squads if they do qualify eventually.

My local pub when I was at uni had a mural of the 1994 squad on the wall and I used to wind up the landlord by asking "so which of these was Irish again?"

Of the thirteen players who beat Italy in Giants Stadium, 9 were born outside of the Republic :lol:

I suppose it's fair enough since the 50,000+ plus Irish people supporting them in the stadium were born in New York and Boston.

Did we not try something similar why a boy out in Spain who was getting rave reviews at Real Madrid?

The kid you're on about is even younger. His name is Jack Harper. Last I heard he is being tipped for big things.

I partly blame celtic for the state of the national team. They have a dreadful youth system, for a club their size, and when they FINALLY produce a talent worthy of a national berth he joins up with the ROI. I mean, Hibernian's youth squad is better.

I seen him going on about bringing in fresh talent.. doh

Reminded me of that OAE sketch when Walter Smith (Scotland manager) tells Chick Young he's looking to bring in Shevchenko etc :lol:

"REALLY?!"

"NAW"

Here's an idea to help Scottish national team , turf out all the fucking wasters that call themselves coaches and get fresh young coaches that wil actually try and teach our younger players a bit of technique and game savvy instead of running them into the ground for half an hour then giving them a ball and having a kick about then repeating the running into the ground part