Record say Whyte has nothing....

GOAT

Of all the stuff and nonsense thats written on the internet, then this is the bit thats very clear to me. If we get hit with a bill the size of which has been muted, then Craig Whyte will not be paying a penny of anything.

In fact, he will get all his pennies, with the exception of his pound, back.

It is my opinion that Craig Whyte has no intention of dealing with the tax bill and i think the clauses he has written in make that very clear.

You are 100% right though to say they are not his fault.

Possibly true, but assuming it was, how are we any worse off than before. ?

We have now got rid of Lloyds, money is being invested in the team, players are being retained instead of pissing off for nothing.

Any tax bill liability was there before Whyte, so Rangers would have to deal with it anyway, however it is extremely unlikely Rangers will face a big bill, if anything at all from this.

whyte has HMRC over a barrel here, basically he is telling HMRC

"if you do somehow win this case and hit us with a sizeable bill then get it up ye's, you'll be lucky for 10% of it back when the club goes into administration"

HMRC cannot win properly here, they lose the case, they get nothing, they win the case they then have to either give us a massively reduced bill that cannot force us into administration or they can chance their arm with the full bill but get 10p in the pound when whyte puts the club into administration and he gets his cash back first

When will we find out the result of this HMRC case? I just want to know for the sake of all of us and the club, it is a nagging issue for us all.

we lost it about 4 months ago according to timmy propeganda (tu)

administration will happen within days, the signing stories in the papers are just a distraction :wink:

oh and nice to meet you, my name is spangles :D

When will we find out the result of this HMRC case? I just want to know for the sake of all of us and the club, it is a nagging issue for us all.

A week ago last Mayday, the 32nd of Wednesday. I think.

"if you do somehow win this case and hit us with a sizeable bill then get it up ye's, you'll be lucky for 10% of it back when the club goes into administration"

HMRC cannot win properly here, they lose the case, they get nothing, they win the case they then have to either give us a massively reduced bill that cannot force us into administration or they can chance their arm with the full bill but get 10p in the pound when whyte puts the club into administration and he gets his cash back first

Isn't that undervaluing the assets the club has, that HMRC could look to liquidate in order to pay any bill?

Whyte would get his £18mill but there'd be quite a bit left over surely?

hmmmm

a 20 million bill will not allow us to enter liquidation and a win will allow hmrc to retrospectivly chase thousands of businesses.

i suspect your definition of cant win is flawed.

hmmmm

a 20 million bill will not allow us to enter liquidation and a win will allow hmrc to retrospectivly chase thousands of businesses.

Why not? Where are we going to get £20m from once the preferred creditors have been paid?

Why not? Where are we going to get £20m from once the preferred creditors have been paid?

you cant just throw a solvent company into liquidation because it suits you.

does whyte not only become a prefered creditor once we are in liquidation.

you cant just throw a solvent company into liquidation because it suits you.

does whyte not only become a prefered creditor once we are in liquidation.

A company is insolvent when it can't pay its debts as they fall due. Don't confuse that with net assets.

As Bluedell says, where would we get the £40m-£50m to pay the secured creditor (Whyte) then HMRC in the space of a few weeks? If you can't answer that, then you are by definition conceding that administration is a possibility ("a 20 million bill will not allow us to enter liquidation")

A company is insolvent when it can't pay its debts as they fall due. Don't confuse that with net assets.

As Bluedell says, where would we get the £40m-£50m to pay the secured creditor (Whyte) then HMRC in the space of a few weeks? If you can't answer that, then you are by definition conceding that administration is a possibility ("a 20 million bill will not allow us to enter liquidation")

so your saying any kind of tax bill and its liquidation?

hmmmm

i suspect your definition of cant win is flawed.

A 20 million tax bill would then leave us in the same position as we are in just now then as Whyte would waive the money he is owed.

yes very similar assuming we borrowed to pay it.

Unless we go on and win the champions league or use last season champion league money plus this seasons(if we make it) i am sure the majority of it would have to be borrowed.

Personally i wouldn't have much of a problem with that.